The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The lack of secondary scoring is so glaring...

Lui's Knob

this is laughable the fact people think they could of kept the 2011 team together

Torres and Ehrhoff chased the money

Samuelsson and Malhotra was on the decline

4 key players in that 2011 team in which Gillis has tried even though most of you don't think he has to replace those players maybe it isn't as easy as you all think it is he has 29 other GM's he is directly competing with each and every day there is also a salary cap

just a couple of things you all should think about before you act like you could GM this team better than GIllis has this isn't a game folks this is real life

Torres and Hoff did not chase the money. Quite the opposite, they wanted security. Regardless, the two of them barely scratches the surface of Gillis' goofs.

this is laughable the fact people think they could of kept the 2011 team together

4 key players in that 2011 team in which Gillis has tried even though most of you don't think he has to replace those players maybe it isn't as easy as you all think it is he has 29 other GM's he is directly competing with each and every day there is also a salary cap

just a couple of things you all should think about before you act like you could GM this team better than GIllis has this isn't a game folks this is real life

Torres didn't want money, he only wanted a second year for some job security, MG only wanted to give him one year so Torres went elsewhere. Ehrhoff may have wanted money, but he deserved it and we needed him, he signed for 4 mill a year in buffalo, something we could have easily lived with considering what he brought to the team. With that cap hit we could have easily traded him away if he started to suck.

Letting them walk wouldn't have been so hard if he had actually had a plan to replace them, instead he told us Edler would replace his production, and didn't even try to replace what Torres brought.

so their were no rumors no reports and people like you just assume he was sitting in his chair twiddling his thumbs

i know people have a lack of faith in both this team and it's current GM but people need to realize the cost of a top 6 forward and the fact that this team has a very empty prospect cupboard both in fault of the current GM trading away picks for players no longer on this roster and the previous GM for basically throwing away picks drafting pure garbage

It's starting to get clear that we are not a top Cup Contending team anymore. We slowly seem to be on a decline. Maybe it's time to think about trading some of our veterans (+30 yr olds) for some bigger younger prospects that could gel together to form our new core.

Move - Burrows, Hamhuis, Booth, Higgins & or Hansen, etc. (I feel like we have too many of the same type of players even though they are good not sure if that's the right mix)

Keep a new core of - Kesler, Tanev, Corrado, Edler, Kassian, Bo Horvat, Hunter Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Santorelli & THE NEW Guys from trading those veterans which are still very serviceable players & could still fetch some good young talent especially to a Cup contending team willing to pay for our vets.

Also re-sign the Sedins as they are great players to have around while the new blood develops.

That's my 2 cents worth

TORRES WANTED 750 K MORE AND AN EXTRA YEAR.

WOULDN'T CALL THAT CHASING MONEY AND GIVEN THE LACK OF GRIT IT WAS A NO BRAINER FOR MG

It's starting to get clear that we are not a top Cup Contending team anymore. We slowly seem to be on a decline. Maybe it's time to think about trading some of our veterans (+30 yr olds) for some bigger younger prospects that could gel together to form our new core.

Move - Burrows, Hamhuis, Booth, Higgins & or Hansen, etc. (I feel like we have too many of the same type of players even though they are good not sure if that's the right mix)

Keep a new core of - Kesler, Tanev, Corrado, Edler, Kassian, Bo Horvat, Hunter Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Santorelli & THE NEW Guys from trading those veterans which are still very serviceable players & could still fetch some good young talent.

Also re-sign the Sedins as they are great players to have around while the new blood develops.

Burrows stays

Go

Kesler

Bieksa or Hammer (not because I dislike Hammer but I see Corrado as a Hammer replacement) and Bieksa is tough something we still lack so as much as Hammer is better, Bieksa is less of what we have. Hammer would also get us ALOT

Kelser and Booth somewhere

Hammer and Higgins somewhere

Throw in Gaunce

That should get us a legitimate second line center who is young and a good winger with size and decent hands, as well as a 3rd line player with size and speed.

TORRES WANTED 750 K MORE AND AN EXTRA YEAR.

WOULDN'T CALL THAT CHASING MONEY AND GIVEN THE LACK OF GRIT IT WAS A NO BRAINER FOR MG

what has Torres done other than earn a reputation of being a dirty player whether deserved or not what's the point of having a player like that on the team who can be reckless at times it only takes 1 hit to suspend for another 20-25 games

Ehrhoff hit 32 points in 66 games with the Sabres after his signing and then 22 points in 47 games and now 0 points in 6 games seems like it's true his stats were inflated by the Sedins

Dalpe is still young and Welsh is in that trade too and the pick was a 4th rounder not going to lose much sleep over him tossing these away in trades so that takes care of that move and the Pahlsson rental

the Roy trade was horrible move he thought the team was ready for another run and was banking on 1 player giving the team the extra edge

not going to sit here and try to figure out what his next move is but Gillis has done more good than bad for this team then people give him credit his trades may not be his greatest skill but his ability to sign players and find players through free agency is very underrated moves signing people give the credit to the home town discount being the big factor in getting certain players

There's a certain... irony? in the whole Roy trade too... Buffalo moved Roy with Hodgson coming in to replace him, then Canucks end up with rental Roy? lol

Burrows stays

Go

Kesler

Bieksa or Hammer (not because I dislike Hammer but I see Corrado as a Hammer replacement) and Bieksa is tough something we still lack so as much as Hammer is better, Bieksa is less of what we have. Hammer would also get us ALOT

Kelser and Booth somewhere

Hammer and Higgins somewhere

That should get us a legitimate second line center who is young and a good winger with size and decent hands.

I agree. We gave away some of our prospects over the years for a Cup run & I'm sure lots of teams would love to add a Hammer or Burrows/Hansen/Higgins type to there team. Let's get some GREAT VALUE for our players so that Bo & Hunter have something to build around.

what has Torres done other than earn a reputation of being a dirty player whether deserved or not what's the point of having a player like that on the team who can be reckless at times it only takes 1 hit to suspend for another 20-25 games

Ehrhoff hit 32 points in 66 games with the Sabres after his signing and then 22 points in 47 games and now 0 points in 6 games seems like it's true his stats were inflated by the Sedins

Torres was not damaged goods when we let him go, only after the Hossa hit, as a yote, was he a marked man. The guy scored a OT winner vs us in a play off sweep, how much more of a exclamation mark can a guy make lol. Gauging points by Sabres numbers is laughable.

Im actually now leaning towards we need to rebuild our entire second line. The reason that made the tipping point is Derek Roy. Roy was hugely ineffective playing for us on the second line. But he is blasting it up in St Louis with 5 points in 4 games. This tells me, that Roy can produce and he is a more than competent second line player, but the problem were his line mates. It means that if we keep on filling our second line with the usual players: Kesler, Booth, Higgins, Burrows, Hansen, it is not going to work.

If SJ is big and punishing now, wait until they get Torres back into their line up lol.

then all it takes is 1 hit and he is gone for 20-25 games he is a marked man by the nhl and is a very high risk for the reward you get from a player like him he needs to look at Cooke as inspiration to change his game he is a long way from his 2011 playoff form

Torres was not damaged goods when we let him go, only after the Hossa hit, as a yote, was he a marked man. The guy scored a OT winner vs us in a play off sweep, how much more of a exclamation mark can a guy make lol. Gauging points by Sabres numbers is laughable.

people paint Ehrhoff as this great defenceman doesn't matter what team he is on a lot of you act as if he is a number 1 stud d-man he is nothing more than an offensive defenceman that can barely play defence

then all it takes is 1 hit and he is gone for 20-25 games he is a marked man by the nhl and is a very high risk for the reward you get from a player like him he needs to look at Cooke as inspiration to change his game he is a long way from his 2011 playoff form

Why didn't we go after Cooke. He is exactly the Bite Torts wants.

people paint Ehrhoff as this great defenceman doesn't matter what team he is on a lot of you act as if he is a number 1 stud d-man he is nothing more than an offensive defenceman that can barely play defence

Im not even a Hoff fan, just not a fan of letting assets walk for nothing. I don't mind stripping the team of certain players as long as they are replaced, they have not been.

torres brought toughness and edge we didnt have

as i recall he was a big reason we lost to sj last year...

yes he has a rep...but thats not the point you SAID THAT HE WAS CHASING MONEY...

I WAS SIMPLY OWNING YOU BY PROVING YOUR POINT WRONG

torres brought toughness and edge we didnt have

as i recall he was a big reason we lost to sj last year...

yes he has a rep...but thats not the point you SAID THAT HE WAS CHASING MONEY...

I WAS SIMPLY OWNING YOU BY PROVING YOUR POINT WRONG

oh wow you owned me guess im wrong nice caps you got there got any arguments that don't involve going off the deep end with delusional thoughts

he had 1 goal in 5 games against us not exactly the reason this team lost to the Sharks nice try though

also at the end of the day whether it was term or money he was chasing both same reason why Salo was let go

Archived