The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The lack of secondary scoring is so glaring...

Lui's Knob

You realize how long kesler has been in the league right? And you realize what percentage of that time he has been offensively relevant right.

I'm very happy he is proving me wrong right now, lets hope it continues. .. and if it doesn't I wonder if i'll hear anything from you.. i doubt it.

aha, what a whack of irrelevant backtracking.....'you know how long he's been in the league, right...' lol. whateva. what nonsense.

do tell us how much of that time was unproductive. as far as I can tell, since 2008/9, he's scored 295 points in in 375 games.

.79 ppg

65 pts / 82 games.

That's a lot of offensive relevance.

Your determination to troll Kesler is giving you wonky judgement.

You realize He's won the Selke before. That reward isn't just handed out like a player of the game award. He's USA's #1 centre as well as our #1 centre. you do realize that too rite!

Yes i realize he had a great year.. and he's had a great couple months.. he's been in the league for 10 years.

A good year and a couple good months does not make you a number one player.

If you think that ryan kesler is even close to henrik sedin as far as our #1 centre or a hockey player you are truly on another planet.

aha, what a whack of irrelevant backtracking.....'you know how long he's been in the league, right...' lol. whateva. what nonsense.

do tell us how much of that time was unproductive. as far as I can tell, since 2008/9, he's scored 295 points in in 375 games.

.79 ppg

65 pts / 82 games.

That's a lot of offensive relevance.

Your determination to troll Kesler is giving you wonky judgement.

The only one trolling here sweety is you. When Kesler keeps it up all season, and this playoffs, and actually carries that play on to a second straight season you go ahead and get back to me. Until then i'm going to enjoy his 7 weeks of success... because thats not backtracking anything, thats called being sane and not a fanboi like yourself.. i dont' have to hate kesler to like hodgson (and hodgson is better than kesler deal with it. B) ) I don't have to hate hodgson to like the team. And i don't have to ignore the fact that in 10 years in the league Kesler has played like a top 6 for exactly 1 of those years.

nice story. do elaborate.

while you're at it, tell us more about how much better Hodgson is than Kesler.

comedy goldrush.

talking about hodgson AGAIN.. tsk tsk.. you still can't let things go. go cry in your cheerios and tell yourself that you are laughing.. i believe you.

oh by the way.. hodgson is the leading scorer on his team non existant team at 23... but ya kes is a waaaaay better player haha.

...I wish you would stop apologizing for Gillis and simply accept the fact that he made the wrong call on Grabner and Hodgson and the team is paying a big price for it.

I find it interesting that your interpretation of events should be accepted as "facts", while other people's intrepretations are merely "opinions".

regards,

G.

oh by the way.. hodgson is the leading scorer on his team non existant team at 23... but ya kes is a waaaaay better player haha.

I suppose this is part of the reason why the Sabres are at the bottom of the Atlantic... not to mention the entire league. Well, hopefully he starts to do better. He and his team can only go up, eventually.

regards,

G.

The only one trolling here sweety is you. When Kesler keeps it up all season, and this playoffs, and actually carries that play on to a second straight season you go ahead and get back to me. Until then i'm going to enjoy his 7 weeks of success... because thats not backtracking anything, thats called being sane and not a fanboi like yourself.. i dont' have to hate kesler to like hodgson (and hodgson is better than kesler deal with it. B) ) I don't have to hate hodgson to like the team. And i don't have to ignore the fact that in 10 years in the league Kesler has played like a top 6 for exactly 1 of those years.

priceless.

keep it coming prana. highly entertaining.

would love to hear your rationalization of Hodgson's extremely weak underlying numbers - among the worst on the "nonexistant" Sabres lol. but don't expect to - I highly doubt you're up to it.

http://www.behindthe...34 45 46 63 67#

have fun finding another "top line" center whose numbers are woefully bad relative to decent teammates, let alone "nonexistant" ones.

Yes i realize he had a great year.. and he's had a great couple months.. he's been in the league for 10 years.

A good year and a couple good months does not make you a number one player.

If you think that ryan kesler is even close to henrik sedin as far as our #1 centre or a hockey player you are truly on another planet.

You don't win a Selke based on ONE SEASON believe me. He was nominated a few times as well as been in the conversation for nominees many many years. Kesler has put up very good offensive numbers as well as STOPPING the other teams top forwards from producing against us as good as ANYONE & yes even better than the Sedins have done.

Hodgson better than Kesler..LOL.. Offence he has ability but defensively, heart, toughness & speed ain't EVER gonna be close. :sadno:

To be fair, the first season for Kesler ('03 - '04) was only 28 games. I'd be inclined to cast that one out of your calculations.

There's also two seasons which were shortened by injury ('08 - '07 & '12 - '13), so I'd be inclined to not consider these either.

Kelser's first full season was '04 - '05, but he was still a rookie playing behind guys like Morrison, Linden and Sedin (amongst others), so I wouldn't give much thought to including this in your analysis.

This gives us six seasons, where in four of them he has scored 20+ goals, 40+ in one of them, and is well on his way to breaking the 20+ (30+?) mark again for this season. An argument can be made that he did not have a top-6, offensive role on this team until '08 - '09, which would suggest that Kesler has really had only four years (excluding this season) where he would have been expected to play like a top-6 point producer while still being a very good defender.

So, he got 26g 59 pts +8 in '08 - '09.

He got 25g 75 pts +1 in '09 - '10.

He got 41g 73 pts +24 in '10 - '11. Also got a Selke.

Sadly, he only scored a mere 22g 49 pts +11 in '11 - '12. For this year, and for '08 - '09, I'm going to use my "Cody Hodgson never had good line mates like he deserved or he would have scored more points!" card considering Kesler really didn't have any good line mates in those seasons, at least not for very long.

regards,

G.

Archived