The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

17 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

No advertisement, just appreciation for an amazing series:

I look forward to the remake of 12 this summer. 

I really loved XII, but I'm not sure I'll be getting it. I played the &^@# out of it back in the day on the PS2, and although I loved it, it wasn't the same love as FFX for me. FFX Remaster I bought right away, but I don't know. This one I'm unsure about. Maybe since it'll be the summer I'll grab it.

Just right now I've been on a video game binge with all the games coming out recently, like Zelda and Horizon, and For Honor. Then in a week I'll be getting Mass Effect. Too many at once.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Bought a ps store card and scratch code just peeled off.  Now I am on the phone with Sony, estimated wait time 1hr.:angry:

Why would you buy a code when you can just go on the PSN store?

No reason it shouldn't work though, thats ridiculous. Hope you get it working man

Edited by Xbox

11 hours ago, Xbox said:

Why would you buy a code when you can just go on the PSN store?

No reason it shouldn't work though, thats ridiculous. Hope you get it working man

I had to cancel my credit card twice because of Sony getting hacked so I have just buying PS store cards to buy games. 

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

You got scammed. :(  How'd it turn out with Sony?

Haha besides the 40min call, it was alright they email you and you just need to take a pic of the card and your receipt and they sent me the code with 10min.  It was an 'H' that I couldn't read and I kept trying to crack it using 'I's' and '1's'.

BTW it's kind of embarrassing talking to a female representative on the other end and saying your gamertag lol.  At least Tre Mac isn't as bad as Sniperboi or Thuglyfe6969 haha.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I had to cancel my credit card twice because of Sony getting hacked so I have just buying PS store cards to buy games. 

I use PayPal. I would never give Sony my CC even if they didn't get hacked. I don't even give Microsoft my CC. I'm just as afraid of a faulty code from a prepaid card as well so for me, PayPal is by far the safest bet.

Edited by Xbox

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Haha besides the 40min call, it was alright they email you and you just need to take a pic of the card and your receipt and they sent me the code with 10min.  It was an 'H' that I couldn't read and I kept trying to crack it using 'I's' and '1's'.

BTW it's kind of embarrassing talking to a female representative on the other end and saying your gamertag lol.  At least Tre Mac isn't as bad as Sniperboi or Thuglyfe6969 haha.

I think you're fine.  Tre Mac is a good alias.  Although if she kept calling you by that name, I can definitely see that being awkward.  lol

Glad it turned out ok and that you didn't lose any cash.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 2

Anyone who hasn't tried this series I would advise to do so. I feel it is one of the best stories as far as gaming goes and has been my favorite since the first game came out on the ps2. The third installment is fue out soon and these are a great way to catch up.

images.jpg.9ff1b14690e0c87f179351a854cc2344.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 2017-04-05 at 3:42 PM, MikeyBoy44 said:

Anyone who hasn't tried this series I would advise to do so. I feel it is one of the best stories as far as gaming goes and has been my favorite since the first game came out on the ps2. The third installment is fue out soon and these are a great way to catch up.

images.jpg.9ff1b14690e0c87f179351a854cc2344.jpg

How long does it take to complete the game?

On 2017-04-04 at 8:42 AM, Xbox said:

I use PayPal. I would never give Sony my CC even if they didn't get hacked. I don't even give Microsoft my CC. I'm just as afraid of a faulty code from a prepaid card as well so for me, PayPal is by far the safest bet.

Yeah I use Paypal as well because I don't trust systems, especially Sony.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TommiSantala25 said:

How long does it take to complete the game?

Well... I've wasted 7 hours and I'm barely at the halfway mark. That's just kingdom hearts. There's still kingdom hearts 2 and the side games like chain of memories and re-coded. And after completing all that's on that disc you'll have to grab 2.8 which covers Dream, Drop, Distance and some extra video content to finish the tie in. Overall you're looking at a good week if you don't like sleeping.

8 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Well... I've wasted 7 hours and I'm barely at the halfway mark. That's just kingdom hearts. There's still kingdom hearts 2 and the side games like chain of memories and re-coded. And after completing all that's on that disc you'll have to grab 2.8 which covers Dream, Drop, Distance and some extra video content to finish the tie in. Overall you're looking at a good week if you don't like sleeping.

KH is my favorite video game series as well. I shouldn't have bought this before Finals though, as I'm way behind and am just going to try to pass the courses now lol.

Is re:coded an actual game? I thought it was just cinematics? 

Also, I think I should have played on proud mode, as medium difficulty (and starting at midday) seems to be no challenge so far, though I'm only in Monstro now. 

P.S. did you notice the difference in Wonderland? I tried to sit in the chairs, but it wouldn't let me. It seems like a weird thing to take out though.

28 minutes ago, c00kies said:

KH is my favorite video game series as well. I shouldn't have bought this before Finals though, as I'm way behind and am just going to try to pass the courses now lol.

Is re:coded an actual game? I thought it was just cinematics? 

Also, I think I should have played on proud mode, as medium difficulty (and starting at midday) seems to be no challenge so far, though I'm only in Monstro now. 

P.S. did you notice the difference in Wonderland? I tried to sit in the chairs, but it wouldn't let me. It seems like a weird thing to take out though.

Yeah re:coded is supposed to be cinematics. I have it on ds anyway as well as 358/2 days so I'll replay them when I get to it.

The weirdest part of going back was how annoying using items and spells was. I know of a few things that got lost in the porting but nothing that really takes away from what made the game so good. Before I left for work for the next two weeks I just finished Monstro and was surprised I could remember the order of the holes. 

I'm excited to get to 3D as the mechanics were fantastic and would look really great on a big screen tv.

Edited by MikeyBoy44

Just now, MikeyBoy44 said:

Yeah re:coded is supposed to be cinematics. I have it on ds anyway as well as 358/2 days so I'll replay them when I get to it.

The weirdest part of going back was how annoying using items and spells was. I know of a few things that got lost in the porting but nothing that really takes away from what made the game so good. Before I left for work for the next two weeks I just finished Monstro and was surprised I could remember the order of the holes. 

Yeah, the first game had weird mechanics. I notice the chests disappear when you open them up now, but I think in the original they stayed there.

Is the trinity glitch still there for Halloween Land? I remember my first ever play through and not being able to get them all because of that one.

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yeah, the first game had weird mechanics. I notice the chests disappear when you open them up now, but I think in the original they stayed there.

Is the trinity glitch still there for Halloween Land? I remember my first ever play through and not being able to get them all because of that one.

Not there yet, I am actually wondering the same thing. One of the good parts of the remastering is the camera is a lot easier to control as well.

Are playing final mix or the hardest mode? I'm starting to kick myself for not taking the hardest mode to unlock the secret ending. It's going to take me forever to find all those damn dogs and ansems reports. 

Edited by MikeyBoy44

6 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Not there yet, I am actually wondering the same thing. One of the good parts of the remastering is the camera is a lot easier to control as well.

Are playing final mix or the hardest mode? I'm starting to kick myself for not taking the hardest mode to unlock the secret ending. It's going to take me forever to find all those damn dogs and ansems reports. 

I started doing the other one I started on proud mode, but not the "level one" challenge thing. 

Would proud mode do it?

53 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I started doing the other one I started on proud mode, but not the "level one" challenge thing. 

Would proud mode do it?

Yes proud that's it. You only have to complete proud but the list is time consuming on normal. I only picked normal to enjoy the story ans get back into it. I played proud years ago and man it was a grind. I went for a more layed bacl approach.

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Yes proud that's it. You only have to complete proud but the list is time consuming on normal. I only picked normal to enjoy the story ans get back into it. I played proud years ago and man it was a grind. I went for a more layed bacl approach.

That's why I started on normal too, but then I found it too easy. Also, I remember the Pinnochio boss being way different, so I wanted to try it on Proud mode to see if it's any different.