The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

• 1 month later...

http://www.cinemable...ne-4-61891.html

Huge news for Xbox One. Developer Black Tusk and Publusher Microsoft Game Studios announced that they bought the Gears of War IP and are working on a new one for Xbox One.

This is a system seller for me, as I will buy an XBO with this game. Hopefully a special Gears model Xbox will be made.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul
  • Upvote 1

Huge news for Xbox One. Developer Black Tusk and Publusher Microsoft Game Studios announced that they bought the Gears of War IP and are working on a new one for Xbox One.

This is a system seller for me, as I will buy an XBO with this game. Hopefully a special Gears model Xbox will be made.

That's incredible news, I love that franchise.

The Xbox continues to amaze me. It really is much more than just a gaming console.

Fifa 14 is fantastic.

Ya I know, I love playing a game and watching twitch at the same time In the corner.

Or skyping my girlfriend while we both watch Netflix.

Edited by Kent.S

Wooooooooooooooo!!!

Yesterday I pre-ordered Thief, Titanfall + Elder Scrolls Online. While it's annoying how few games there are on XB1, this is actually giving me the time to play them all properly, rather than have 5/6 collecting dust like I did on 360.

So far on XB1:

Battlefield 4 - traded in, worst game ever

COD Ghosts - play online, campaign completed

Ryse - completed on legendary, online at max, will trade in after ESO comes out

Forza 5 - will always play this game, so much depth and takes ages to complete a series

FIFA 14 - won't buy FIFA 15 as this will keep me going for longer than 1 year

AC4 - only really just started it, looks incredible

My plan for the rest of February is to advance through as much of AC4 as I can, then:

Thief - end Feb - gives me 2 hardcore weeks before Titanfall comes out

Titanfall - mid March - play for two weeks then trade in

Elder Scrolls - early April - play solidly for a month

Then May = Thief + Elder Scrolls

June = Watchdogs + Lego Hobbit (comes out in April but can wait due to ESO)

July = Watchdogs + ESO

August = Finish Thief + continue with Watchdogs + ESO

Hopefully then September will see NHL 15 on XB1 ::D

• 2 weeks later...

I see you've come to the dark side. Congrats ahaha.

What games are you running/going to be?

As of now I only have Dead Rising 3. The only game I will say I will get for sure is Halo as of now. Games like Titanfall, Watch Dogs, Destiny, etc. are toss ups as to what platform I will get them for. Mainly as of all my friends I am the only one with an Xbox One while everyone else is PC and PS4. If I am going to end up playing with them a lot I will likely get most of my games on those other platforms otherwise I will get them for Xbox as I nearly had an orgasm when that controller slide into my hands. It is the greatest controller I have ever felt in my hands.

As of now I only have Dead Rising 3. The only game I will say I will get for sure is Halo as of now. Games like Titanfall, Watch Dogs, Destiny, etc. are toss ups as to what platform I will get them for. Mainly as of all my friends I am the only one with an Xbox One while everyone else is PC and PS4. If I am going to end up playing with them a lot I will likely get most of my games on those other platforms otherwise I will get them for Xbox as I nearly had an orgasm when that controller slide into my hands. It is the greatest controller I have ever felt in my hands.

Titanfall is exclusive to xbox and pc.

But ya, playing with friends is always more fun for any console.

The controller is by far the best I've ever felt as well. Takes a couple days to get used to.

But it's pretty orgasmic lol.

If anyone wants another XB1 friend, post your gamertag here and I'll add you (mine is AzzyMahmood I think).

Mine is oGraphic.

I don't play much right now, but when titanfall comes out I'll be on all the time.

Edited by Kent.S

Well I was going to get an XB1 for Titanfall but the games between that and Destiny (the main reason I get a next-gen console) that will come out for the XBone

Meanwhile 2 games are coming out for the 360 that catch my drift, Dark Souls II, South Park

While it's annoying how few games there are on XB1, this is actually giving me the time to play them all properly, rather than have 5/6 collecting dust like I did on 360.

So far on XB1:

Battlefield 4 - traded in, worst game ever

COD Ghosts - play online, campaign completed

Ryse - completed on legendary, online at max, will trade in after ESO comes out

Forza 5 - will always play this game, so much depth and takes ages to complete a series

FIFA 14 - won't buy FIFA 15 as this will keep me going for longer than 1 year

AC4 - only really just started it, looks incredible

My plan for the rest of February is to advance through as much of AC4 as I can, then:

Thief - end Feb - gives me 2 hardcore weeks before Titanfall comes out

Titanfall - mid March - play for two weeks then trade in

Elder Scrolls - early April - play solidly for a month

Then May = Thief + Elder Scrolls

June = Watchdogs + Lego Hobbit (comes out in April but can wait due to ESO)

July = Watchdogs + ESO

August = Finish Thief + continue with Watchdogs + ESO

Hopefully then September will see NHL 15 on XB1 ::D

My entire summer is already planned around Thief, Elder Scrolls Online, Titanfall and Watchdogs, prior to (hopefully) NHL 15 being released. If they don't release NHL 15 I will be picking up Destiny instead.

Latest rumours include Microsoft in talks to sell the entire Xbox brand to Amazon.

Here is a link: http://www.gamepur.com/news/13696-microsoft-dumping-xbox-division-rumor-true-amazon-talk-buy-it-says-insider.html

If this happens, would it be a good or bad thing?

I honestly have no idea if it would be or not. It could go either way I think, how much is it worth?

I have made such a 180 on Titanfall. I was never going to buy it, pre-ordered it on a stupid whim, now played the beta...what a fantastic game. Beats COD/BF hands down.

That's awesome to here. I've heard nothing but good things from the people who've played the alpha/beta.

Edited by Kent.S