The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-WPG (decently new idea)

I know there might be some egos that have to be put in check with this trade but I think it might be....dare I say it...

A game changer.

at least in the pacific division anyways.

To WPG-

Edler

Hansen

Gaunce

1st+2nd 2014 picks

*NOT BOOTH* (value=1 box of Lindt chocolate)

We trade away 1 year of drafting for some locked up players.

To VAN-

Dustin Byfuglien

Andrew Ladd

Trade-O-Meter

Byfuglien === 1st+2nd and B Prospect

Ladd === Top 4 D man + solid top 9 forward

Winnipeg shakes up their leadership core, adds quality prospects, and cap space for UFA Centres

Vancouver now has enough sandpaper and size to hold our ground in the Pacific Division

Best part about this deal for us....we either get 2 top 6 forwards who can play on either line, or a PMD (although wreckless) who could QB a PP better than Garrison or be used to screen the goalie (sound familiar???)

Please don't tell me Horvat or Shinkaruk need to be added...star players acquire star prospects, Ladd and Byfuglien are not Perrenial all-stars, they are good secondary stars like Kyle Turris or Martin Hanzel

I punched this line-up in on Capgeek and even after 1 mil raises to Santo and Tanev, + buying out Booth, we still have cap space next season

Sedin-Sedin-Byfuglien

Ladd-Kesler-Santo

Higgins-Horvat-Burrows

Weise-Richardson-Kassian

Sestito/Archy

Hammer-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado/Byfuglien

Bieksa-Stanton

Weber

Lu

Lack

^^Buffy is a liability in his own end at times and word out of the Peg is he grinds Noel's gears....which isn't exactly what a Perrenial all-star who deserves a blue-chip prospect would do. Attitude, and recklessness drop his price tag, but like I stated...depending on how you value the pieces, you're getting 3 very good prospects and cap room to improve that leadership group via Free-Agency.

Buffy is no Subban or Ekman-Larsson

From our perspective, it's a great trade. I don't think Winnipeg would do this though.

Unless they're planning a rebuild, I can't see them trading their highest scoring player/d man for a less offensively productive d man. Not to mention trading Ladd for pieces. How are they going to replace that scoring? They're already 24th in the league in goals for.

Ladd is to the Winnipeg community like the Sedin's are to Vancouver. He is incredibly active and the undisputed leader. He's not going anywhere.

As for Byfuglien, the Jets could get a better package in the East from Philly (Schenn's) or Tampa Bay. Safer to trade him out East and better return than what the Canucks could give.

I like it and think the values are close. I proposed for Byfuglien a while back with the same thought on his toughness, his versatility in playing forward or defense (Burns) and the elevation he would give our team in competing in our big tough division. Ladd also brings it.

I think Winnipeg does this because things are imploding there. Byfuglien and Ladd were called out publicly with Ladd reportedly(as per OTR) yelling back at coach Julien in practice. Olie is publicly speaking of frustrations in the dressing room.....they will have to stop the bleeding and make some moves. Time to push the reset button. Hansen now lives in Win. off season, brings hard work ethic and a reasonable contract to the table. Gaunce will be a solid Centre behind Little and Schieffle and Edler brings a good skill set that can be reborn in my opinion. A 1st and 2nd helps with the reset.

<p>Also, I know (from my post) some of the responses will be: Buff won't play here, he hates Vancouver or I don't want that fat plug.

Well my answer would be, If he had a chance to win he would probably welcome the move here. Further, knowing that Vancouver players (especially Luongo) would welcome him knowing they would not have him as an opponent/antagonist again.

If he was antagonizing our opponents the same way he does us, eventually those who don't want "that fat plug" would forget and welcome him as well. Bring him on and Dustin Brown, get near the Sedins or Luongo with your borderline or not so borderline cheapshots, you will be checked mate.Again Zoolander, I like it.

I got to watch Buf play a lot if junior here. Don't want him. He is way overrated. The guy has some skill but he doesn't bother putting in the effort to be an above average player 90% of the time. He is getting paid for the 10% of the time he does.

And considering he is getting a big chuck of the ice time on a team that's not winning, just adds to the fact that he won't be any better that what we currently have.

Winnipeg says no.

We are not trading our core players and possibly our two biggest leaders for that package.

If you want Byfuglien I'm thinking:

To Vancouver:

Dustin Byfuglien

To Winnipeg:

Bo Horvat

Jannik Hansen

2nd round pick

absolutely not Buff isn't worth Horvat alone he is a defensive liability and a lazy skater. Max I would give up for Buff is this years 1st and Gaunce/Jensen

Winnipeg says no.

We are not trading our core players and possibly our two biggest leaders for that package.

To Vancouver:

Dustin Byfuglien

To Winnipeg:

Bo Horvat

Jannik Hansen

2nd round pick

And MG goes silent and never talks to WIN again.

Sorry but horvat is way too much for buf

Winnipeg says no.

To Vancouver:

Dustin Byfuglien

To Winnipeg:

Bo Horvat

Jannik Hansen

2nd round pick

Replace Byfuglien with Kane and that's more likely. But we're never trading Horvat so you can just forget the whole idea.

1. Byfuglien whomps defensively as a defencemen guys. i think he would be dope with the sedins though. Also Ladd is overrated a bit. Not a huge improvment over hansen in my opinion, speed, physical, above average skills and goal scoring. Rather go with someone with pure goal scoring ability on the second like matt moulson or something like that.

1. Byfuglien whomps defensively as a defencemen guys. i think he would be dope with the sedins though. Also Ladd is overrated a bit. Not a huge improvment over hansen in my opinion, speed, physical, above average skills and goal scoring. Rather go with someone with pure goal scoring ability on the second like matt moulson or something like that.

Ladd is a legit 2nd line forward. Hansen is an excellent third liner. Getting Ladd for the 2nd line would be a massive improvement over Hansen.

Archived