The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers 7PM Jan 27th

Alex the Great

Because they are plain bad out there.

I watch as many games as I can...I can honestly say the Nucks are the worst team night in and night out I see. Absolutely pathetic in all three zones. I've gone to peewee games where the kids moved the puck faster and more effectively than our forwards.

Honestly,

This team is battered and bruised from three years worth of officials turning a blind eye to teams taking liberties with our stars.

Torts saw this all too well first hand and got this team to stand up for itself, only the league would have none of it calling unprecedented penalties in an attempt to punish the Canucks. I know the treatment the Canucks have gotten would have taken the wind out of my sails a long time ago and as a fan it has.

Starting with the Sedins this team gets no respect. I saw someone laughing about Jumbo Joes face wash on Daniel and knocking his helmet away on HF. Why was that not 2 minutes? It seems to me the Sedins take more penalties than they draw. All of them chintzy and ticky tack. I guess that fits with the narrative Jeremy Jacobs floated in 2011.

My thoughts are well documented on the plight of Burrows. I am shocked he is still alive.

Edler must think he can get suspended for looking at someone wrong.

Kas isn't allowed to be intimidating or to challenge other teams mid level players or he gets rung up for 10.

The heart is gone and the enjoyment of the game is gone for some of these guys because they know they can't win. IMO

WHY they LOST tonight?

1) Lack should have played just to give Lou a rest. Lou played last night and not that great and his play against Nashville wasn't great either.

2) The team looks somewhat dysfunctional. They make passes that are so hard to each other that the player receiving the puck can't even stop or else they don't pass at all. Kesler is the perfect example for that. He skates so fast and he can't do it on his own.

OUCH - gonna be a long tough season.

Archived