The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

It's not that far off.

And I have faith in my team. We will make the playoffs easy. There is no way we will get a top 5 pick unless something crazy happens in the lottery.

I'm not in too good standings by having faith in my team?

Faith in making the playoffs is one thing (which sure isn't an easy thing at this point), but that's clearly the opposite when you value Edler worth so little as to not be able to get Mantha and Tatar without adding a 1st and a 3rd.

Hamhuis being moved is not even an option. He's worth at least 5.5M and 6+ on the open market.

No chance we trade our undisputed top d-man.

I don't understand why people even think to argue this, I get his value is high but he's simply too good to let go; he took a hometown discount and he's efforts off the ice are just as solid as they are on it. He's going no where.

That'd be counter-intuitive to building for the future, but he might be the only option. I think Diaz might do well for us in a 2nd pairing/PP role, so we'd need to look at shuffling the top 4 somehow.

I suggest Diaz on a 3rd pairing with Garrison. But 1st PP with Edler.

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Tanev

Garrison / Diaz

Stanton

Diaz / Edler 1st PP

Bieksa / Garrison 2knd PP

Garrison Tanev PK

Hamhuis Bieksa 2knd PK

Yeah, Stanton idividually might be (is) better than Diaz in terms of being a solid D man. But between Hamhuis, Garrison, Tanev, Edler and Bieksa, Stanton brings nothing we do not have in the line up already. Diaz is our best puck handling D man. I'm pretty happy with a D core that has Stanton as our 7th guy, Corrado 1st call up.

Faith in making the playoffs is one thing (which sure isn't an easy thing at this point), but that's clearly the opposite when you value Edler worth so little as to not be able to get Mantha and Tatar without adding a 1st and a 3rd.

I really don't think we will miss the playoffs. And really? I was undervaluing him to u? I thought I was overvaluing if anything. You realize mantha is one of the best players in the chl right? And that tatar is a top 6 forward? For edler who is bad defensively and good offensively

I really don't think we will miss the playoffs. And really? I was undervaluing him to u? I thought I was overvaluing if anything. You realize mantha is one of the best players in the chl right? And that tatar is a top 6 forward? For edler who is bad defensively and good offensively

Edler is a top two defenseman on most teams who has term left on his contract. He is worth a roster player and top prospect.

I would be more worried about our forwards. According to Habs, Diaz is like the anti-christ of the playoffs. Weber and Corrado are fine as far as injury fill ins. We don't need him, and a pick will help our pool.

Trade Weber then... After Tanev and Bieksa are back.

Trade Weber then... After Tanev and Bieksa are back.

If he gets you the same value, then sure. Prob not tho. Don't see us re inking Diaz next season, wouldn't want to, so may as well squeeze a pick. That pick could help ease the pain in moving our 1st if it ends up high and there's a certain young forward available.

I would be more worried about our forwards. According to Habs, Diaz is like the anti-christ of the playoffs. Weber and Corrado are fine as far as injury fill ins. We don't need him, and a pick will help our pool.

What does that mean, he's bad or that he plays like the devil? He's only played 5 NHL playoff games, so hard to make much of a call based on that.

What does that mean, he's bad or that he plays like the devil? He's only played 5 NHL playoff games, so hard to make much of a call based on that.

Habs fans totally aren't known for hyperbole.

Diaz threw one bad pass which resulted in his teammate getting crushed and he was crucified for it.

Archived