The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Would love to get Ehlers over Virtanen. I understand there's all this love for a BC boy, but I'd take the chance on Ehlers even if he's a high risk draft choice. Virtanen doesn't really appeal to me for some reason.

People on CDC are overrating Virtanen. I'd be surprised if he was picked top 10.

People on CDC are overrating Virtanen. I'd be surprised if he was picked top 10.

That's how I'm seeing it too. It seems there's a collective feel that we keep passing BC born players and we're paying for it. I don't really get what makes Virtanen a very desirable choice over someone like Ehlers, Perlini, Nylander. If we got 6th overall and took Virtanen I'd be quite pissed actually.

If we somehow, someway, amazingly have an opportunity to pick Draisaitl or Dal Colle with the 6th overall pick (Barring we do get it), I'd jump all over that.

That's how I'm seeing it too. It seems there's a collective feel that we keep passing BC born players and we're paying for it. I don't really get what makes Virtanen a very desirable choice over someone like Ehlers, Perlini, Nylander. If we got 6th overall and took Virtanen I'd be quite pissed actually.

If we someone, someway, amazingly have an opportunity to pick Draisaitl or Dal Colle with the 6th overall pick (Barring we do get it), I'd jump all over that.

Let's say WPG & OTT win tonight [both have the lead right now], we jump to the 6th overall pick.

Reinhart

Ekblad

Bennett

Dal Colle

Draisaitl

Those are the top 5 IMO.

We have to hope a team picking ahead of us goes with a different player. Maybe Buffalo picks Ekblad and Edmonton goes with Fleury? Idk..

I hope we get one of those 4 forwards though.

CANUCKS.png

Never in a million years would I have thought I would be happy with the Canucks being the 6th worse team in the league! I'm excited beyond believe right now with a chance for Carolina to leap frog us, and we get a chance at Dal Colle or Draisaitl.

Let's say WPG & OTT win tonight [both have the lead right now], we jump to the 6th overall pick.

Reinhart

Ekblad

Bennett

Dal Colle

Draisaitl

Those are the top 5 IMO.

We have to hope a team picking ahead of us goes with a different player. Maybe Buffalo picks Ekblad and Edmonton goes with Fleury? Idk..

I hope we get one of those 4 forwards though.

Either Edmonton picks Fleury or Calgary picks Virtanen IMO. That's all we can hope for.

I still think Virtanen will bust.

Never in a million years would I have thought I would be happy with the Canucks being the 6th worse team in the league! I'm excited beyond believe right now with a chance for Carolina to leap frog us, and we get a chance at Dal Colle or Draisaitl.

If the Canucks lose in regulation tonight then the Canes jump them.

Virtanen is not the solution. We need a Nylander/Eljhers/Drasiaitl. I think even if we end up with 6th/7th/8th overall pick we should swap with someone higher up for 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick. Just swap picks and send a prospect and we will be golden. Virtanen will be drafted at the end of the 1st round or start of the second IMO.

Archived