The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Islanders its a doozy

I know this wouldn't even happen but would you make it enticing enough to get Tavares. I don't care if were giving up to many players. I believe this would get them thinking

To NY

Kesler, Tanev or Bieksa, Shinkaruk, Lack, 1st

To Van

Tavares

Buyout Booth

Bucket of Money at Vanek

Vanek Tavares Kassian

Sedin Sedin Burr

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Santorelli Richie Sesty

Archibald

Hammy Tanev

Edler Corrado

Garry Stanton

Diaz

Mix d as needed

Rebuild complete

So we give up :

A future Top 6 F in Shinkaruk

A top 6 F in Kesler

A top 4 D in Kev or Tanev

a future starting goaltender in LackCity

and a 1st

for

A Number 1 center in JT

I'd love Tavares on this team but not for that price, maybe it's just me

A future Top 6 F in Shinkaruk (who is small and might suffer the same fate as Schroeder)

A top 6 F in Kesler (On decline ever since the epic beast mode the year of the Bruins)

A top 4 D in Kev or Tanev (Bieksa is a T4D who, when pushed as a T2D gets mentally and physically exhausted; Tanev what you see is what you get)

a future starting goaltender in LackCity (who will never be a starter in Vancouver)

For a legitimate, game changing 1C who is the same age as Kassian and Schroeder.

What is not to like about this trade?

With that, pending what Toronto does with Bolland:

TAVARES

H. SEDIN

BOLLAND

RICHARDSON

Huge deal but what it'd take to get a generational player who's a top 5 player in the league hands down playing on a pretty crappy team. Big price but I'd consider honestly. Why? Cause everything we're giving up, we can replace technically.

Lack with Ericsson/Cannatta

Shinkaruk with draft pick

Tanev/Bieksa with Corrado/FA

1st and Kesler with Tavares

Huge overpayment and deal, but don't get me wrong, I would consider this from a Canucks perspective. Need these types of players to win a Cup..

NY! also maxed with contracts so they have to add...Just a bad idea I don't see JT as a fix for our current situation unless Torts goes with him...Hes not a big shot blocker/d zone player we have and need in Kes...flame me all ya want just not a good fit with our current situation

Archived