The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

good for you !!!

Agreed. I feel the pain as much as anyone, but I think of this team as family. Thick and thin, thick and thin.

Yeah and I bitch about my family all the time, even though I still love them.

So...I should be allowed to bitch about my hockey team.

With all due respect, the Canucks have not committed to a rebuild yet. They are still spouting off that the playoffs are still a possibility. If management hasn't made up their mind yet, how can the fans be expected to do the same?

With all due respect, if management honestly believes that the playoffs are a possibility, the fans are clearly smarter than management.You know, fans don't have to agree with everything that management believes. They are capable of independant thought. It's actually encouraged.

How can you say, "if he actually wants out"?? Isn't it 100% clear by his body language and his lack of denial that he desperately wants out. The problem is, it will be another Luongo situation. I would guess MG wants something like Tavares, a top prospect and a first rounder. Not going to happen and he will stew here like Luongo did.

Nope.

I like Lack too, I just think it would have been wise to have kept Luongo until at least the end of the season to help mentor the guy and take some pressure off of him. We are left with a back up the coach himself says is "not ready." I conisder this goalie controversy #3 in the last two years!

I really don't understand how Luongo goes from being untradeable to all of sudden tradeable.

As for the team, everyone has pretty much said my thoughts already, however I will say the owners of this team also need to look at their role. Gillis maybe a good GM or a bad GM, however if he is being told what to do by his owners, then some of this stuff may not be his fault.

look i have no issue with people venting getting frustrated and criticizing this team that's where people seem to get the wrong impression

what drives me nuts about this board is the constant posting of i am done with this team yet they keep coming back if they were actually done with this team they would be gone and this board would run a lot smoother

every game when a collapse happens they come in flooding the board multi posting starting new topics yet are nowhere to be seen when this team is winning games yes part can be they are venting they don't want to be on the computer all game but the other part is nothing more than Trolling at it's finest they have nothing better to do then announce they have come online and post the same thing over and over nothing new

Oh you mean what you just said you have said atleast a couple of times give it a rest... So what if we are done with the team funny thing is I can come back tomorrow and keep doing it if I like, than you can respond as though your thought means anything to us..

With all due respect, if management honestly believes that the playoffs are a possibility, the fans are clearly smarter than management.You know, fans don't have to agree with everything that management believes. They are capable of independant thought. It's actually encouraged.

Exactly but think about this if the fans dont go to the games what happens! Thats right no concessions and no $200-300 ticket sells that s not a good combination if you want to make money not good for business. No buddy in their right mind will pay the huge price for tickets once they did but I think the fan base are realising that its not worth the expense specially if they are playing the way they are now...

• 2 months later...

Archived