The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

The most heart breaking thing about the loss last night, was Lack's reaction. HOW DARE Torts leave him in for that. Rookie goalie, trying to make the best of a lost season, just look at him in the interview. No goalie should ever be put through that...It ruined Lu in game 3 against Boston, and it's gonna ruin Lack. That was a terrible way to treat the guy who's been thrown into the #1 position.

PATHETIC coaching job there Torts, and normally I'm on your side...

Sort of agree with you but it is also a lesson to Lack and the team that they all let each other down.

All we can hope for is to start next year fresh, and not play the Sedins so damn much. Maybe they can turn things around and at least be serviceable.

If we're lucky, this will be an off year. If we're unlucky, we will be in the McDavid sweepstakes!

I guess some may call it a win/win lol

Every single game that lack has played he doesn't even try to look around the traffic. He is pathetic. Even if you take away all of his technical errors he is still not a very good goalie. His coach needs to smack him every time he sits there trying to stare a hole through the jersey's in front of him. #pray4eddie more like #praythepuckhitseddieorgoeswide

the is the prime example of how ridiculous the fans in vancouver can be.

They think regular season success isn't important when we won the division and PC.

The same people would think being a playoff regular and going to game 7 final didn't mean anything because they want the cup.

The same people yell for changing the core and rebuild or tank for draft for YEARS.

The same group is now yelling the team isn't losing in style when they are in a rebuild stage.

you guys see what is happening? our fans would complain about losing during a rebuild stage they want for so long! Jesus frack guys..

With all due respect, the Canucks have not committed to a rebuild yet. They are still spouting off that the playoffs are still a possibility. If management hasn't made up their mind yet, how can the fans be expected to do the same?

It's up to those of us who are true hockey fans to continue to support the team for the rebuild. I'm not saying we should all attend games and pay thru the nose, but rather just continue to pay attention to the team and hope for new young players to emerge.

It's gonna be that much sweeter once we get back to relevancy.

It's up to those of us who are true hockey fans to continue to support the team for the rebuild. I'm not saying we should all attend games and pay thru the nose, but rather just continue to pay attention to the team and hope for new young players to emerge.

This level of fandom is a rarity. Many of the fans who have been through it all just enjoy professionally complaining about the team. The same folks who still whine about rain in Vancouver. The ones who have actually stuck with the team and supported them, good on them. Vancouver fans who aren't happy as soon as we're not winning need some role models.

With all due respect, the Canucks have not committed to a rebuild yet. They are still spouting off that the playoffs are still a possibility. If management hasn't made up their mind yet, how can the fans be expected to do the same?

you think those so call "fans" will stop bitching how bad the team is if the management announce they will be in a full rebuild tmr?

whether the team will enter a full rebuild in the near future is still a question, but it should be pretty clear that the canucks will most likely tank this season and get a decently positioned draft pick from what things are going. That's exactly what those bitchers want a while back.

In fairness I still say it's a "re-tool" until/if Kesler is moved. If he actually wants out and is moved then it's re-build time IMO.

Anything else from the org is lip service IMO. The Schneider trade last year signaled the beginning in earnest of at least a re-tool. Minimum.

Agreed. I feel the pain as much as anyone, but I think of this team as family. Thick and thin, thick and thin.

Every single game that lack has played he doesn't even try to look around the traffic. He is pathetic. Even if you take away all of his technical errors he is still not a very good goalie. His coach needs to smack him every time he sits there trying to stare a hole through the jersey's in front of him. #pray4eddie more like #praythepuckhitseddieorgoeswide

double-facepalm.jpg

In fairness I still say it's a "re-tool" until/if Kesler is moved. If he actually wants out and is moved then it's re-build time IMO.

Anything else from the org is lip service IMO. The Schneider trade last year signaled the beginning in earnest of at least a re-tool. Minimum.

How can you say, "if he actually wants out"?? Isn't it 100% clear by his body language and his lack of denial that he desperately wants out. The problem is, it will be another Luongo situation. I would guess MG wants something like Tavares, a top prospect and a first rounder. Not going to happen and he will stew here like Luongo did.

How can you say, "if he actually wants out"?? Isn't it 100% clear by his body language and his lack of denial that he desperately wants out. The problem is, it will be another Luongo situation. I would guess MG wants something like Tavares, a top prospect and a first rounder. Not going to happen and he will stew here like Luongo did.

In other words, MG has torpedoed this team into suckdom. I'll buy that.

I think I posted right after the Heritage game, this organization and team is going to sink. And for those think this is the rock bottom, not yet because it will continue to sink deeper. I don't know what is with this coach or whoever made him made all these amateur decisions but he just don't get the fact that the so far ALL your decisions SUCK and WRONG??? Maybe the only person needs to change is YOU in how to coach the team properly and make more sensible decisions? Ooops.. my bad, this is not going to happen, who are we kidding, Tort is the man!!! He will get the freshman to the top (Sorry not dissing Lack, but he's just not ready AS OF NOW yet to shine, in the future maybe but not now or tomorrow or next year).

Anyways, anyone know which golf course most of the Canucks play at?

I must say that that 3rd period was painful to watch. Lack does have #1 starter pressure of the highest magnitude on him. Being such on the Canucks makes it so. His lack of inexperience at the NHL level showed his weakness' in that period. Stuff to work on for sure.

The looks on the players faces, especially the core members, pretty much said it all. As mentioned by the SN hockey analysts in the broadcast, they're a fragile bunch. Those "Oh no! Not again!" and "What else can go wrong?" expressions were very prevalent.

Perhaps growing pains of both kinds are affecting play some what; growing pains associated with younger players and the literal growing pain of aging! Anywho, I close this with my usual............

Go Canucks Go! :towel:

Archived