The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Meltdown/Collapse

The Magician

so... you want them to lose as many as possible, but you want them to play well...

frack me..

yup, I want to see some self respect, but I also know how important a high draft pick is to the future of this franchise. The worst case scenario is barely missing the playoffs, or getting in, and getting roasted in 4 or 5 games. Bad taste, mediocre first rounder

You're saying a rebuild will involve the team's worst ever meltdown in franchise history? You're saying "getting mad" is a sign of being a bandwagoner?

You do realize, that the Canucks conceded 7 goals in one period right? Seven? That's a little bit worse than losing.

the is the prime example of how ridiculous the fans in vancouver can be.

They think regular season success isn't important when we won the division and PC.

The same people would think being a playoff regular and going to game 7 final didn't mean anything because they want the cup.

The same people yell for changing the core and rebuild or tank for draft for YEARS.

The same group is now yelling the team isn't losing in style when they are in a rebuild stage.

you guys see what is happening? our fans would complain about losing during a rebuild stage they want for so long! Jesus frack guys..

yup, I want to see some self respect, but I also know how important a high draft pick is to the future of this franchise. The worst case scenario is barely missing the playoffs, or getting in, and getting roasted in 4 or 5 games. Bad taste, mediocre first rounder

the team isn't barely missing the playoff now. They are falling apart quickier than Mt.Gox losing their coins. This is exactly the pace how a team can land high draft picks. So wtf are you complaining about when the team is doing the thing you want?

It almost seems like you expect the team to lose by scoring 5+ goals a night. This is just ridiculous.

You want self respect? DO NOT go into rebuild mode. This is what you get by having a collapsed team with burn out and disinterested core after you guys antagonize our players for half a decade. This is what you get when you guys chase out our franchise goalie, and soon our kesler and the rest. And you want self respect?

It just means the Canucks would pass on a good BC boy or Candian boy , picks like Jordan Schroeder who shouldn't even be in the league won't improve this team.

Schroeder was the best pick available at that time. He was figured to go top 10, and fell to us, similar to Gaunce. Hindsight is 20/20, but not many were complaining about those picks when they happened.

So they left Lack in,it's a learning curve.How many times did AV leave Lou in when he was being shelled even though we had Cory on the bench.

Reread my post, keeping lack in was dumb. Leaving any goalie, Lou or otherwise does not help the team learn.

The most heart breaking thing about the loss last night, was Lack's reaction. HOW DARE Torts leave him in for that. Rookie goalie, trying to make the best of a lost season, just look at him in the interview. No goalie should ever be put through that...It ruined Lu in game 3 against Boston, and it's gonna ruin Lack. That was a terrible way to treat the guy who's been thrown into the #1 position.

PATHETIC coaching job there Torts, and normally I'm on your side...

Guest Gumballthechewy

Schroeder was a highly touted draft pick in 2009.

Hindsight.

Trying to force a square peg through a round hole won't help anything now.

There is a less demeaning way for the team to lose. The question should not be about standing by Lack, he stunk up the building. He should have been saved if only to keep his spirit up. Losing is not bad, its a great learning experience. The powers that be, are killing trade values and or deflating a players that could haunt us for many years.

BTW, getting high draft picks does not guarantee we build a winner. People that think losing is they way to go need to think about that.

It doesn't guarantee anything, but the probability of acquiring a future 1st liner is higher. We don't really have any future 1st line prospects in the system.

Schroeder was the best pick available at that time. He was figured to go top 10, and fell to us, similar to Gaunce. Hindsight is 20/20, but not many were complaining about those picks when they happened.

What I absolutely cannot stand about claims that these players were "steals" given they fell from their projected positions is this:

Perhaps other teams passed up on them because they're simply not good enough. This is true of Schroeder (although I'll admit his injury woes have hampered his development) and this is probably true of Gaunce.

I also cannot stand when Gillis says: "We've had our eyes on this guy for a while now" in response to almost every move he makes. (Roy, Dalpe, etc.)

GMMG - Please get your eye's checked!

Sincerely, a shocked, exasperated fan.

Until Lack lets in 7-8 goals in must win playoff games I will still stand by him. This game meant about as much as an exhibition game. We were never making the playoffs anyway so if you're gonna blame Lack, then he actually did us a favour by helping us get a higher pick.

Hypocrite. :)

If he does that in a playoff game I will still stand by him.

We Are Faithful.

We are Canucks!

This team is done.

It appears to me that the players are trying to get both Tortorella and Mike Gillis fired.

At this point there shouldn't be anyone on this team that is considered safe. The only thing that can add some sugar to this dismal season is for the team to tank the rest of the way so that we can look forward to draft day.

Anything short of a total overhaul is going to lead to further disaster. I would rather get it done now and look forward to a great team 5 years down the road than a collection of teams that are mid tier drafting mid tier players and getting mid tier results.

Today is my 65th birthday, so please MG, let's right the ship and set us up for Vancouver to win a Cup before my 80th BD!

This team is done.

It appears to me that the players are trying to get both Tortorella and Mike Gillis fired.

At this point there shouldn't be anyone on this team that is considered safe. The only thing that can add some sugar to this dismal season is for the team to tank the rest of the way so that we can look forward to draft day.

Anything short of a total overhaul is going to lead to further disaster. I would rather get it done now and look forward to a great team 5 years down the road than a collection of teams that are mid tier drafting mid tier players and getting mid tier results.

Today is my 65th birthday, so please MG, let's right the ship and set us up for Vancouver to win a Cup before my 80th BD!

Don't rely on Gillis.

Archived