The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rushed to the hospital last night/Best friend dumps me today

RMP2008

I should add that I've had 3 people act like they really liked me and then, when I start to trust them, I have to drop them because they come out and ask for $3,700 in 1 case, $800 in another and $1,750 in another, thus revealing their true colours, intentions and selves.

OK, now you're losing us.

can I borrow $900 please/thanks?

Everyone please stop bashing the OP. These kinds of stories happen IRL all the time. In fact, just a couple days ago, there was this kid I was planning on meeting at the gym to workout with. He thought I was his best friend, but in reality I thought he was an annoying prick and was just being nice to him to reach my Jr A quota for befriending kids like him. He bashed his eye out though, and I got so annoyed that I decided I would never talk to him again. So I'm pretty ticked off right now.

the Sedins go out into our community & meet people & their kids all of the time. They would say that they are making new friends through-out the province. But if they don't drop everything to text you.. or come running because you are a little needy or lonely right now,...it doesnt mean that they are bad guys,...or no longer your friend. It would be absolutely amazing to have the Sedins as your exclusive friends,...and they might be very committed to certain people,...but everyone shouldn't be expecting this from them. Do you get it?

imho viking mama really nailed it here, OP you can tracle all your troubles back to the Sedins

All right,

Debluvscanucks, love you! I don't have any thing knowledgeable or of value to say about the Canucks outside of my knowledge of the old CBC/new Roger's broadcast contracts and various broadcast personalities but I've lurked on the board since 2003 and have come to adore you. Thanks for your help! I mean that seriously!

I decided just to chill out and trust in him and God that he'd reply to me. Sure enough, he did reply to me lengthily as soon as he woke up in Vancouver this morning at 7 a.m. Don't want to give details because I don't want to identify myself any further than I already have but lets just say that he had an insane day and night yesterday and that's why he didn't get back to me right away. I feel so much better. His team dominated the opposition this afternoon btw; so that makes his insane day yesterday worth it hopefully! I feel so stupid.

Now I'm going to be totally honest....I am completely and totally in love with my BFF. If I live for another 3,000 years, I'll never have a friend as good as him. Its kind of weird since he's very incredibly happily married but whenever we are in the change-rooms together (ALERT: 50 shades of gym shorts tmi). I'd never act on this because he made the decision to get married and I'm happy with the friendship but there's definitely some degree of sexual tension between us. I also know his wife well; so would never do anything to hurt her. I kind of think of him as my boyfriend to be honest. We vacationed together earlier this year and he invited me up to his room but we ended up staying on the pool deck too long and had to rush to our concert; so, we never did get up to the room. When his other friend asked my views on gay marriage, I wondered what was going on as well.

There are relationships where a guy gets married to a girl and also has a boyfriend as well that I've come across. May kind of be like my situation.

I should say that we always hug, fist bump each other, and I send him hearts in my BBM messages to him. I've told him that I loved him lots and tons before.

I have really bad, severe and profound anxiety and am on medication for it; I missed a dose the other day due to my busted eye and I think being mad at myself for hurting myself and then him not texting back on top of having missed a pill dose really threw me off. Its amazing how missing just 1 day can throw you.

What I need to understand, I think on review, is that what attracts me so much to my man is his business and involvement in the community, etc. I probably wouldn't be so attracted to him if he wasn't so busy, involved, generous and kind. I need to stop acting like a crazy-azz bitch girlfriend and chill. I think that my facial paralysis is the breeding ground of my insecurity. Like Deb said, I need to work on my insecurity myself and not expect him to resolve it for me. I am beginning volunteering for the organization next week. That should help. We'll be able to spend more time together and his being chronically busy won't bother me quite so much.

Anyway, yeah the poster who said "have you told your best friend that you are in love with them" pretty much nailed it. Not only am I in love with him, I'm like in love love with him. He's amazing. I'm so glad that I freaked out to you guys yesterday and not to him! Even the closest people in our lives get busy and won't be able to fulfill our needs 24/7 and that is something that I have to realize.

The worst thing that I could do is scare off the best thing that ever happened to me!

Archived