The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

asian player

Currently Nova 3. Started playing in November? I guess i'll get discussion going by saying I absolutely hate Dust II despite many people enjoying it. Favourite maps have to be Inferno (Of course), Overpass and Office.

One thing I still struggle with, but am getting much better at is bursts and 1-taps, especially with the AK-47. Would like to be more accurate in my sprays too.

I started late November, and I'm currently Nova 2. I exclusively play dust 2 :P (sorry Faulk). I could play the map 5 times a day, and no game is ever the same. Although, I do play casual from time to time maps like Nuke, Mirage, inferno are in the rotation. I get too many people looking at my 70 hours and inventory and hours and calling me hacker/smurf...

Faulk, there is an aim map that I saw friberg and Scream use, and it should be in the workshop, it's good for 1 taps

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213240871

Canuckian One, just keep playing competitive and you'll get better. Don't worry where you get placed, because you should just learn as much as you can, and enjoy as much as you can in unranked games. Don't be discouraged if your teammates sh*t on you, it happens to the best of us

ps. what is it about Dust 2 that you hate, faulk?

Started in August (During the sale). I'm on a bit of a hiatus, but I was Nova 1 when I left. Dust_2, Nuke and Mirage are all some of my favorites, with Nuke taking the crown for favorite.

Favorite weapons would have to be the AWP (I'm pretty good with it), AK47 (Sometimes I can 1 shot everything, sometimes I cant hit someone in front of me), M4A1-S and P90 (My favorite, I'm PRO90 m8.)

One thing that I find difficult, is being consistent. One day, I'll win all my matches, and lead all games in kills, and the next, I'll be at the bottom doing nothing. Consistency really is key.

ps. what is it about Dust 2 that you hate, faulk?

It's just a map I have trouble with. The callouts and positions you take are probably the most simplest of any other map, and the structure of the map is without a doubt the best in the game (In my opinion). Just no real enjoyment from it as I always seem to do disappointing on it.

I did start off pretty bad myself given it was my first FPS on the PC I had ever played (Was a console gamer before), but with time you'd pick things up and should get better.

I'm a console guy for sure. CS:GO isn't my first PC FPS, but I'm still not super comfortable with it.

It's hard to force myself to stop moving and shoot in GO. Every other FPS that's the worst thing you can do. >.>

Legendary Eagle

1,000+ hours

Been playing CS since 1.6 and have a wealth of league exp (CAL, CEVO, ESEA)

As far as skins go, I have a pretty good inventory and it all started with getting extra skins from teammates who had secondary stat trak skins. I started with the basics like a P250 Splash ST or a Famas Doom Kitty ST and was able to bet/trade my way all the way up to an M9 Bayonet, then I sold it for cash and ended up buying ST skins for weapons I use most frequently.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985142378/inventory/

Couple pretty cool skins but nothing super current from any of the new cases.

Badge. If i play with my friends they got eagle looking ranks. i could prolly get up there if i played with them everytime. played over around 1000 hours of go and been playing cs on and off ever since the betas of cs. When u use to have to dl it then go through your halflife filter and select game lol. I remember the m4 use to have a scope on it :P

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Legendary Eagle

1,000+ hours

Been playing CS since 1.6 and have a wealth of league exp (CAL, CEVO, ESEA)

As far as skins go, I have a pretty good inventory and it all started with getting extra skins from teammates who had secondary stat trak skins. I started with the basics like a P250 Splash ST or a Famas Doom Kitty ST and was able to bet/trade my way all the way up to an M9 Bayonet, then I sold it for cash and ended up buying ST skins for weapons I use most frequently.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985142378/inventory/

Couple pretty cool skins but nothing super current from any of the new cases.

Currently Supreme Master First Class

I don't MM as much anymore, mostly just solo que on CEVO or Faceit.

If you're a newer player looking for a less toxic environment, Check out Faceit, the MM interface isn't the greatest...but you don't have to download anything from the site, basically show up and play!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an Eagle have i think around 1500+ hrs. Started playing GO when it first came out.  Been playing cs on and off though for 15 years.  Just play for fun.  Would like to play competitively but my work schedule conflicts with most team stuff.  (Also only get 50-70 fps so the games a lil laggy in smokes but I have fun).

Fav map atm is Cobble. Use to be nuke b4 it was removed. 

Fav weap prob ak.  Love my pistol rounds tho.

:)

Archived