The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Season Tickets Thread

DonaldBrashear

54 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i wanted to renew.. but i don't want to renew this early.. i don't want to commit to renewing my season tickets without knowing how the team performs towards the end of the season and what direction we are heading towards the off season.. if i dont' renew now.. i'm sure i can just sign up as a new member anyways.. not like it's going to make a difference.. Canucks cheaped out on me this year so i have no incentive to renew.. i got 0 members benefit/perks this year.. i don't even know how that's possible.. at least last year i was invited to 1 event and pictures at center ice.. this year i got absolutely nothing =/

I guess it depends on where your seats are.  I think all UB3 and UB4 are sold out.  So if you currently have a seat in UB3 and UB4, i don't think you will be able to get those back if you sign up as a new member.  You will have to get the more expensive seats in the lowerbowl or UB1 and maybe UB2.

About the benefits/perks that you didn't get.  That's a strange one.  Did you not get any emails from the Canucks informing you of the various season member exclusive events?  I would definitely talk to my rep. about this if I were you..

I can see getting a discount by signing up early like 10-15% maybe? But if there is no real incentive ya, why not wait till the draft and FA to see what this team does? What if they decide to be a budget team and sign low end talent? unlikely 

When is the deadline to renew before you lose your priveledges to those seats?

As long as there are more suckers replacing the tickets you give up Aquaman will be happy. Benning and co will give the usual blah blah blah at the fan talks about how we will be competitive etc.

One year deals this season to apparently flip at the deadline for picks. How did that go again Jim?

11 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

So many ppl I know are not renewing next season.  Gonna be bad

Ditto. 4 out of 5 people i know arent renewing. One of them has been a sth for 21 years... through the keenan years. So that shows how bad it is.

The reality is edmonton and calgary are going to dominate us for the next 10 years just like weve dominated them for the last 10. Even UB4 is going to be hard to break even on with fees taking up a chunk. So why throw money away.

1 minute ago, Fozzy said:

As long as there are more suckers replacing the tickets you give up Aquaman will be happy. Benning and co will give the usual blah blah blah at the fan talks about how we will be competitive etc.

One year deals this season to apparently flip at the deadline for picks. How did that go again Jim?

more suckers? have you not been to a game this year? so many empty seats? so where's the sucker that replaced those seats?

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

more suckers? have you not been to a game this year? so many empty seats? so where's the sucker that replaced those seats?

Those empty seats you see are usually already sold.  It's just the season ticket holder didn't bothering showing up for the game, or he/she was unable to dump the ticket.

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Unfortunately I haven't. I normally take in a game or two every year but this year decided flying FROM from the UK to watch that 'product' they put on the ice.

Saved myself a cool £2000 so I'm happy with that.

8 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

There's no suckers left anymore. The waiting list is gone. The canucks probably spent millions of dollars last year advertising on the radio stations trying to lure new season ticket holders in. Anyone can go and get season tickets right now. After this year, there will probably be about 3,000 empty season ticket seats that they can't fill.

1 minute ago, bt116 said:

Those empty seats you see are usually already sold.  It's just the season ticket holder didn't bothering showing up for the game, or he/she was unable to dump the ticket.

lol.. there's so much advertisement and so much tickets available on ticketmaster.. so no those are not season ticket holder not bother showing up.. i've been to every game so far this year and trust me.. the place is dead.. the chants when we play other canadian team is far louder than our go canucks go lol.. and seeing how many seats were available during last years seat relocation. i'm willing to bet we have less than 10k FULL season ticket holder.

ppl say they wont renew. Hypothetically we sign Stamkos....watch ppl flood back

Sucks we didnt move hamhuis to gain assets, status quo it is I guess. You  would think you would take a last minute offer like Vanek deal.

I enjoy going to games, will still go, will never get season tickets as I dont live close enough. 

Bleed Blue and Green!

Now everyone go have a few beers!

The real problem this year will be selling tickets to new fans. There's nothing to hype. Last year we made the playoffs at least. And then during training camp McCann/Virtanen were there to look forward to, and Hutton was a nice surprise. They probably sold a lot of last minute season tickets to people.

So how will the Canucks sell tickets this year? UFA Signings. There is no doubt in my mind that aquaman is going to make a huge splash in the UFA market to try and make up for this poor trade deadline miss. That means Lucic signed. Will Lucic help sell season tickets? Maybe. Maybe people will think 1 guy like Lucic can turn a whole team around. But I don't. I think Lucic will be a total disaster, will come in with an attitude and probably divide the locker room. It will probably also be one more reason for the Sedins to be willing to leave the year after.

Not interested in paying $5,000 to watch this train wreck...

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol.. there's so much advertisement and so much tickets available on ticketmaster.. so no those are not season ticket holder not bother showing up.. i've been to every game so far this year and trust me.. the place is dead.. the chants when we play other canadian team is far louder than our go canucks go lol.. and seeing how many seats were available during last years seat relocation. i'm willing to bet we have less than 10k FULL season ticket holder.

yeah the place is pretty dead, i have been to about 80% of the games this year and i know what you mean.  Most empty seats are in the lower bowl it seems like.    I feel bad for the canucks season ticket sale reps.  They will have a tough job to convince people to renew.  I am pretty sure i will not renew, unless they throw in Major incentives, 

Archived