The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Thrustyprusty!

Cramarossa

50 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

How does a person from NorCal get interested in hockey? let alone the Canucks

It's actually a weird/random story. I am a longtime Tumblr user (don't judge) and one of my friends on there who I've followed a long time is a huge hockey/Canucks fan. I never really was interested in hockey and didn't pay much attention to it, but he's always posted and talked about it. Eventually after following his posts for a while I realized I had learned a decent amount about the team/players, so I decided to start watching some games just to see what they were about. This was actually during the 2010.11 year, so I began watching at a really exciting time. The Canucks were the first team I watched and knew anything about, so I made them my team. Been on the bandwagon (for better or worse) ever since.

It's funny my buddy introduced me to the team considering he is actually from Florida and was living in Georgia at the time. Apparently he got one of the old N64 NHL games as a kid from his cousin, and he played as the 'Nucks since he thought their jerseys looked the best. Since that was the team he knew, that's the team he started to follow when he was older and actually began watching games.

TL; DR We are all Canucks :canucks: :towel:

17 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

It's actually a weird/random story. 

no weirder than me being an oakland A's fan in 1972,  catfish hunter ,rollie finger's  what a team!   my cousin in seattle didn't understand ,and still doesn't understand hockey and couldn't believe i followed baseball being canadian? :blink:     your story is a bit unusual but a cool one.

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

no weirder than me being an oakland A's fan in 1972,  catfish hunter ,rollie finger's  what a team!   my cousin in seattle didn't understand ,and still doesn't understand hockey and couldn't believe i followed baseball being canadian? :blink:     your story is a bit unusual but a cool one.

Being a Canucks fan in NorCal is fun because I get to play the ultimate villain when I encounter Sharks fans (which is surprisingly often, considering I'm a few hours away from SJ). That's cool you're an A's fan! I cheer for a few Bay Area teams (Giants, 49ers) since I'm from the area, although I don't really follow the sports closely. I love sports fandom: anytime I get to wear colors and act like a hooligan I'm in!

27 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

It's actually a weird/random story. I am a longtime Tumblr user (don't judge) and one of my friends on there who I've followed a long time is a huge hockey/Canucks fan. I never really was interested in hockey and didn't pay much attention to it, but he's always posted and talked about it. Eventually after following his posts for a while I realized I had learned a decent amount about the team/players, so I decided to start watching some games just to see what they were about. This was actually during the 2010.11 year, so I began watching at a really exciting time. The Canucks were the first team I watched and knew anything about, so I made them my team. Been on the bandwagon (for better or worse) ever since.

It's funny my buddy introduced me to the team considering he is actually from Florida and was living in Georgia at the time. Apparently he got one of the old N64 NHL games as a kid from his cousin, and he played as the 'Nucks since he thought their jerseys looked the best. Since that was the team he knew, that's the team he started to follow when he was older and actually began watching games.

TL; DR We are all Canucks :canucks: :towel:

That's a neat story.  Unfortunately the first team I every knew of was the Toronto Maple Leafs.  I was 5 or maybe younger.  My Grandfather was a Maple Leafs fan, and had all this old Maple Leafs, and would pull it out when all the grandkids were over. 

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

That's a neat story.  Unfortunately the first team I every knew of was the Toronto Maple Leafs.  I was 5 or maybe younger.  My Grandfather was a Maple Leafs fan, and had all this old Maple Leafs, and would pull it out when all the grandkids were over. 

We all have to start somewhere, right? :lol:

I am currently in the market to choose a secondary team to cheer for. The ones that appeal to me most (ARI and MIN) are in our division which makes things complicated. I just don't have the heart to cheer for any east coasters though!

Just now, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I am currently in the market to choose a secondary team to cheer for. The ones that appeal to me most (ARI and MIN) are in our division which makes things complicated. I just don't have the heart to cheer for any east coasters though!

My second favorite team is the Habs.  I only have 2 favorite teams, and sometimes 2 1/2 depending on how I feel. I do like Minnesota, but I don't consider them to be a favorite team of mine.  When I got the CH haircut last year in Montreal, I was really popular with that haircut, and was in a major publication online as well as another site,  and all I thought was - if only they knew that the Canucks were my favorite team!

5 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

my second team are the jets. i love it when the jets are in town, cause the jets fans at rogers arena show everyone how to cheer for their team D:

51 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thrusty, have you been to a Canucks game? My second favorite teams are Jets and Islanders.

I have! I went to the two 'Nucks vs Sharks games in San Jose this season and last season. So far they're 4-0-0 in San Jose when I watch them!

I sit right next to their entrance on the ice so you may have seen me on broadcast when they walk out :lol:

6 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I have! I went to the two 'Nucks vs Sharks games in San Jose this season and last season. So far they're 4-0-0 in San Jose when I watch them!

I sit right next to their entrance on the ice so you may have seen me on broadcast when they walk out :lol:

That's great, keep watching Canucks vs Sharks! :)

7 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Ah. No worries then! I just got into following it a couple years back anyway :P 

Who's your team? 

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i don't like your boy friend i think you need a new one. jk.

And yours too! 

15 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I like the Raiders and Jets :P hope there's not too much rivalry

Not from me. I'm from LA originally and the Raiders were there back when I was a kid. They moved to the bay area and then I did too! Plus they've got Crabtree now so I still hold a soft spot for them. 

45 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i think i drank too much watermelon slush and i may throw up. do you think my throw up will taste like watermelon, or buffalo chicken wrap i had earlier D:

Depends on how much earlier you had the wrap, and how far through digestion it's gotten. To be prudent I'll say it'll taste like 2/3 watermelon slush, 1/3 buffalo chicken wrap. Godspeed, my friend.

Archived