The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Orleans Pelicans Player Shot Dead After Breaking Into Apartment

SabreFan1

4 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

He played 14 games with them. Also isn't on the roster. But R.I.P. 

He was recently signed onto the roster on a 3 year contract....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dejean-Jones signed a three-year contract with the Pelicans in February after joining the team in January on consecutive 10-day contracts.

In Dejean-Jones' only NBA season, which ended in February because of a broken right wrist, the 6-foot-6 guard started 11 of 14 games and averaged 5.6 points and 3.4 rebounds.

Nichols said Dejean-Jones had nearly completed his rehab and was set to begin shooting with his right hand again next week.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He was recently signed onto the roster on a 3 year contract....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dejean-Jones signed a three-year contract with the Pelicans in February after joining the team in January on consecutive 10-day contracts.

In Dejean-Jones' only NBA season, which ended in February because of a broken right wrist, the 6-foot-6 guard started 11 of 14 games and averaged 5.6 points and 3.4 rebounds.

Nichols said Dejean-Jones had nearly completed his rehab and was set to begin shooting with his right hand again next week.

Oh didn't pay much attention to the article. 

3 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Oh didn't pay much attention to the article. 

Don't blame ya.  I stopped watching the NBA after the Jordan-Barkley-Rodman-Magic Johnson, etc. era was over.  Too many "thugs" became part of the game for my taste.

So preventable. Why would you even bust down a door, let alone your girlfriends especially since it was his FIRST TIME visiting his girlfriends new apartment. Wrong apartment, busts a door, gets shot. There has to be more to this story.

Damn, so preventable.  I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but you gotta use your brain there. 

Owner took action against an intruder, and you know the story. It was his fault. 

My condolences towards him.

28 minutes ago, Odd. said:

So preventable. Why would you even bust down a door, let alone your girlfriends especially since it was his FIRST TIME visiting his girlfriends new apartment. Wrong apartment, busts a door, gets shot. There has to be more to this story.

Damn, so preventable.  I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but you gotta use your brain there. 

Owner took action against an intruder, and you know the story. It was his fault. 

My condolences towards him.

I agree. Although I disagree with the way Castle Doctrine is interpreted in many cases, breaking someone's door down to gain entry is and always will be, a foolish thing to do.

It's unfortunate that this guy's foolishness cost him his life.

I feel like the (ex?) gf dodged a bullet (no pun intended). Why would be be kicking down two doors to get to her?? I am not pro-gun ownership by any means but I don't blame the shooter in this at all. What else was he supposed to do, given the circumstance?

Archived