The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Utica Comets Thread

Still no score midway through the second. Albany's somehow missed two wide open nets, and Demko made some great saves on the PK. Hamilton has had the best chance for the Comets so far after Bancks lobbed an aerial pass to him for a breakaway out of the box. Eight minutes to go.

Lines today:

Archibald-Valk-Grenier
Kunyk-Cassels-Virtanen

Carcone-Pelletier-Zalewski

Bancks-Hamilton-Roy

McEneny-Subban

Pedan-Robak

Billins-Sautner

11 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Still no score midway through the second. Albany's somehow missed two wide open nets, and Demko made some great saves on the PK. Hamilton has had the best chance for the Comets so far after Bancks lobbed an aerial pass to him for a breakaway out of the box. Eight minutes to go.

Lines today:

Archibald-Valk-Grenier
Kunyk-Cassels-Virtanen

Carcone-Pelletier-Zalewski

Bancks-Hamilton-Roy

McEneny-Subban

Pedan-Robak

Billins-Sautner

I'd like to see Virt and Carcone together

4 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I can PM you one. Comets are up against Albany on the road I believe. The division is wide open imo and it's in for the taking. Here's hoping they sweep another weekend series again! Go Comets!

thanks,bro!! 

Still no score at the end of two, shots are 18-16 for the Devils who controlled the bulk of that period. Demko has been fantastic again and has been forced to stop several shots from close range, and got lucky on a couple of Devils' whiffs. Zalewski has probably been the best Comets forward and has been active at both ends of the ice; McEneny has had another decent game and made a great play late to break up a rush by Wolfe and force him around the net for a wrap-around. Subban looks too eager to jump the zone at times and join the rush and its left him out of position on a few occasions, but nothing has come back to bite the Comets just yet. Carcone has had a buzz to his game again and got off a nice one-time chance from the circle late in the period off of a Zalewski feed.

Elsewhere, Wilkes-Barre leads Syracuse 4-1 in the second and Binghamton leads Toronto 1-0 after one.

2 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I wouldn't mind this at all, either. Since Rendulic isn't available, Virtanen could be a nice fit alongside Carcone and Pelletier. Zalewski is one of those guys that can play anywhere in the lineup so moving him probably wouldn't be much of an issue.

Any idea what's up with Rendulic? I thought he was out last game due to being a scratch but is he now nursing an injury perhaps?

After a ton of pressure by Albany on the powerplay, Bancks shakes free for a breakaway and draws a penalty shot - which he scores on! 1-0 Comets, four minutes into the third.

That was some fantastic goaltending by Demko again to keep the Devils at bay on the PK by the way. He flat out stole a goal away from Novak on a bang-bang play deep in the right circle.

Archived