The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Writers 2016-17 Predictions

Honky Cat

Just now, Bubbles the chimp said:

Yep and what about the Vancouver scribes who predict much the same as East Coast scribes? Must be creating controversy to sell?  Maybe there is no conspiracy and many reporters/hockey analysts may be right? I've been a Canuck fan since they came into the league but the aren't contenders and the media maybe calling it the way they see it; rather than manipulating ratings at Canucks expense.

Which canucks scribes predictions, All the ones (3) i've seen are eastern base....  No one thinks the canucks are contenders.  Most think canucks are a bubble playoff team.....What people think is ridiculous is calling canucks bottom feeders or a sure fire lock for the worst team in the league.  

24 minutes ago, Bubbles the chimp said:

Meh - your depends must have leaked or you got the wrong flavour of Metamucil. Grumpy as the unicorn disappeared in your fantasy world old fella?

oo oo ah

Forgotten and abandoned: Michael Jackson’s ageing chimp Bubbles left alone in care home

Image result for bubbles the chimp care home

You have every reason to be bitter bubs.

55 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Forgotten and abandoned: Michael Jackson’s ageing chimp Bubbles left alone in care home

Image result for bubbles the chimp care home

You have every reason to be bitter bubs.

Lol - perhaps you need the  nurse to help you to potty. You kill me. So what is your prediction for this year geritol man? JB hasn't missed on any trades and he has amassed a bounty of prospects. So what is it?

13 hours ago, Bubbles the chimp said:

Yep and what about the Vancouver scribes who predict much the same as East Coast scribes? Must be creating controversy to sell?  Maybe there is no conspiracy and many reporters/hockey analysts may be right? I've been a Canuck fan since they came into the league but the aren't contenders and the media maybe calling it the way they see it; rather than manipulating ratings at Canucks expense.

Has anybody claimed we're "contenders"? There a big difference between "contend for a playoff spot" and being a "contender".

There is some truth to local scribes creating controversy. It does sell and it's been going on here for a couple of decades. Call-in radio has used the tactic for even longer. Controversial opinions generates far more calls than rainbows and unicorns.

On August 19, 2016 at 7:45 PM, CanadianRugby said:

I think 95% of CDC is going to have to eat some crow next season. 

Regardless of what CDC thinks, it takes stones to back an underdog IMO. You being a Canucks fan (assumedly) you have a win win situation by saying we'll be a basement dweller. If we are, you can say "told ya so" if not, you get to cheer on a winning team. Like I said, win win. 

12 hours ago, ThaShady1 said:

Regardless of what CDC thinks, it takes stones to back an underdog IMO. You being a Canucks fan (assumedly) you have a win win situation by saying we'll be a basement dweller. If we are, you can say "told ya so" if not, you get to cheer on a winning team. Like I said, win win. 

It only takes stones to back an underdog if you put money on it.  Otherwise you're just being a homer who may or may not actually believe that the Canucks will be any good next season.

2 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

It only takes stones to back an underdog if you put money on it.  Otherwise you're just being a homer who may or may not actually believe that the Canucks will be any good next season.

As a matter of fact, I have two $100 bets going with friends of mine saying we'll make the playoffs. Ones a Canucks fan such as yourself who is taking the safe road, and the other is a "knowledgeable" Bruins fan. 

Archived