The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

students who have taken out a Canada Student Loan will not have to repay their debt until he or she is earning at least $25,000 per year, Does it help you?

kurtzfan

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC MInistry of Ed has now removed provincial exams pretty much so it will be hard for Uni's to decide on admittance...

Is a  Canadian SAT the solution ? 

So the only thing uni's have now to gauge incoming students are their high school grades and whatever is on their admissions application?

9 minutes ago, Kragar said:

So the only thing uni's have now to gauge incoming students are their high school grades and whatever is on their admissions application?

Yes, pretty much.   

My neighbours kid is in grade 12 and i don't think he has any provincial exams to write....  Maybe only English 12.

Not sure how universities can fairly rank applicants...

Can't speak for other facilities, but with our CCP program, (College and Career Prep) we often have students take an assessment test before enrollment, just to see where they're at academically and what areas need attention.

I could see Universities using a similar system to decide on whether to accept students into their various programs.

Archived