The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Eyez On Me - Tupac Biopic Thread

nux4lyfe

2 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Tupac...isn't he the guy Suge got out of jail and then owned his as$...or what was left of it? 

No he's one of the most influential/successful rappers of our generation. That is why 20 years after his unfortunate death he is more relevant then any of his rivals back then. 

On 6/12/2017 at 0:50 AM, TheFirstLine said:

From the trailers alone this movie looks like a blockbuster but im still not convinced. Would be more hopeful if a real director worked on the movie rather then a random like Benny Boom who has only worked in music videos previous to this. Also the rumours flying around this movie about Tupacs own mother not happy with this film before her untimely death and John Singleton leaving also raises suspicions for me. Hope I eat my words because I am a huge Tupac fan who truly want this movie to do well.

John Singleton was originally in charge of it, But that punk wanted to add scenes where his mom was having a 3some and Pac getting raped in jail...yeah eff that BS, so he got fired.

22 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

John Singleton was originally in charge of it, But that punk wanted to add scenes where his mom was having a 3some and Pac getting raped in jail...yeah eff that BS, so he got fired.

Yeah why let the truth get in the way of an undoubtedly garbage movie.

28 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Yeah why let the truth get in the way of an undoubtedly garbage movie.

Truth? John singleton wanted a scene with Tupac imagining his own severed head speaking to himself in a dream LOL Seems pretty truthful to me. No proof of any rape, 3somes etc besides Tupac disliked John singleton prior to his passing so I say good riddance. Please troll somewhere else.

15 hours ago, TheFirstLine said:

Truth? John singleton wanted a scene with Tupac imagining his own severed head speaking to himself in a dream LOL Seems pretty truthful to me. No proof of any rape, 3somes etc besides Tupac disliked John singleton prior to his passing so I say good riddance. Please troll somewhere else.

Tupac = waste of skin.

41 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Not that it matters to some people,but the film has a brutal rating on Rotten Tomatoes..only 21%...and seems to be universally panned by most movie critics.

not only that, but panned by people who actually knew tupac as well

Not surprised the movie basically flopped lol when you have a director who has worked on music videos majority of his career and writers who have worked on below average projects this will likely occur. I felt like the actor that portrayed Tupac sure has the face/look for the role but clearly lacks the acting aspect. I would have been more comfortable if they chose an director with more experience then Benny Boom. Can't really discuss the movie yet, but judging from leaked scenes and reviews alone I can tell that the people behind this project didn't do a good job.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 8:27 AM, Johnny Shotgun said:

So the movie does actually portray his life and career well.  Nothing here to see here folks move along.

It seems like you are desperate for attention. Is that right? 

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

It seems like you are desperate for attention. Is that right? 

I wouldn't say that, It's kinda like if someone killed Nickelback and made a less then half ass bio pic. This should have been on the Lifetime channel. The legend that is Pac deserves a better fate than this. Also J-23 unlike us fans of Hip-hop and the culture some will never understand or even consider it real music.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:29 PM, tbone909 said:

I wouldn't say that, It's kinda like if someone killed Nickelback and made a less then half ass bio pic. This should have been on the Lifetime channel. The legend that is Pac deserves a better fate than this. Also J-23 unlike us fans of Hip-hop and the culture some will never understand or even consider it real music.

Killed Nickelcrap now someone here is making sense.

Archived