The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] The Sedins! (Proposal)

12 hours ago, tiny said:

Ya only cause he didn't get along with John Tortorella 

Even loungo wanted out worst coach ever gong show ever time 

can't even blame kesler for wanting to leave 

Kesler was playing with mason ramond and Chris Higgins for crying out loud still put on a show if he had a twin brother I pick them over sedins

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3918577

Really says how Luongo felt about the whole ordeal. Tortorella was terrible for us.

As for the Sedins, they didn't exactly have all star line mates either. The only player that had any sort of significance before Burrows was Anson Carter and his career fell apart after he left. Burrows was good but likely never reaches 35 goals or even 30 if it wasn't playing with the Sedins. 

The 2011 team had a good balance to them. The abrasive style of Kesler and Burrows were offset by the discipline of the Sedins. Kesler almost single handedly won the Nashville series but was not quite the same for the San Jose or Boston. I think if Boston not had such an easy path to the final we would have come out on top

Sedins had that offensive flair that' has vaulted them into being 1000 point players (Daniel's at 986 but he'll get there). Kesler plays a strong 2 way game. Really just depends on personal preferences.

I do think Henrik made for a better captain for the simple reason that referees may have viewed Kesler in a negative light in comparison. I don't think there's any denying he was a leader in his own right

Don't get me wrong I love the sedins just hurts to see we have good regular season then comes playoff they are no where to be found 

they have to score to get back momentum that's really hard to do but if they could hit or block a shot the bench would go nuts bam brings the team back to life 

I just like the dirty  and gritty guys they come to work and really have to Put in work cause not every one is blessed with skill

kesler and burrow on the same line was fun to watch cause they both work their butt off getting in ppl face and pissing them off then laugh while skating back to the bench 

burrows bure and the west coast express line are my all time favorite canucks and of course the sedins u can't talk canucks with out henrik and Daniel 

8 hours ago, tiny said:

Don't get me wrong I love the sedins just hurts to see we have good regular season then comes playoff they are no where to be found 

Sigh.

Both players have 0.7 -  0.8 points per game playoff production over more than 100 playoff games each.   Both better than Thornton.   Even Toews (just over 0.8 ppg) in same range.   If you are going to troll, have some better ammunition.

No where to be found is anything but an attempt to stir the pot in all of your 13 posts so far.   Good luck with it - gotta work on the "subtle" aspect of trolling a bit more.   :)

On 9/8/2017 at 10:34 PM, tiny said:

Buddy 18 years they played got pass the second round once and paid them top dollar that's a joke Stanley cup run all Kessler 

The twins are way to soft can't lead a team ryan kesler was the $&!# does every thing  hits block shot score back check fights that's how u lead Real deal captain 

ever since he left where are the twins now couple pussy no push back bitches 

So the Sedins are "p*ssy no push back b*tches".    Welcome to the territory of the "Burrows, who needs him" hall-of-fame candidacy.   Takes a special post for such honour and consideration.

scsc.gif

On 2017-09-08 at 10:34 PM, tiny said:

Buddy 18 years they played got pass the second round once and paid them top dollar that's a joke Stanley cup run all Kessler 

The twins are way to soft can't lead a team ryan kesler was the $&!# does every thing  hits block shot score back check fights that's how u lead Real deal captain 

ever since he left where are the twins now couple pussy no push back bitches 

This was a post I could agree with until that last line.  The Twins are actually very tough.  They control the puck, and take a beating to do so.  That takes toughness.  

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sigh.

Both players have 0.7 -  0.8 points per game playoff production over more than 100 playoff games each.   Both better than Thornton.   Even Toews (just over 0.8 ppg) in same range.   If you are going to troll, have some better ammunition.

No where to be found is anything but an attempt to stir the pot in all of your 13 posts so far.   Good luck with it - gotta work on the "subtle" aspect of trolling a bit more.   :)

The Sedins would have much better playoff numbers if the Canucks had more offensive depth to surround them with. For the most part it was Kesler and a bunch of secondary pieces. Teams would throw out the hardest matchups against the Sedins because they knew that the rest of the lineup wasn't good enough to take advantage. Look at every Cup winner and they have a more balanced top 9 than the Canucks were ever able to surround the Sedins with. The Penguins were three lines deep this year which eased a lot of the burden on their stars. 

1 minute ago, Toews said:

The Sedins would have much better playoff numbers if the Canucks had more offensive depth to surround them with. For the most part it was Kesler and a bunch of secondary pieces. Teams would throw out the hardest matchups against the Sedins because they knew that the rest of the lineup wasn't good enough to take advantage. Look at every Cup winner and they have a more balanced top 9 than the Canucks were ever able to surround the Sedins with. The Penguins were three lines deep this year which eased a lot of the burden on their stars. 

Toews -  as I have said in other threads, when I agree with you it is 110%.   Great post!   :)

Imagine if Henrik would have had Malkin to center the second line for example.

30 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Toews -  as I have said in other threads, when I agree with you it is 110%.   Great post!   :)

Imagine if Henrik would have had Malkin to center the second line for example.

Yeah seems pretty obvious to me that Higgins, Samuelsson and Raymond were hardly the kind of secondary scoring that would make teams fearful not to stack up all their talent against the Sedins. They are decent players but they lack that next level. Believe it or not people have argued with me till they are blue in the face that I unappreciated and underrated them.

There are times I wonder how the 2011 Finals would have gone if the Canucks have gotten a legitimate top 6 forward. Something like a package of Hodgson + 1st would have fetched a nice piece. 

Just now, Toews said:

Yeah seems pretty obvious to me that Higgins, Samuelsson and Raymond were hardly the kind of secondary scoring that would make teams fearful not to stack up all their talent against the Sedins. They are decent players but they lack that next level. Believe it or not people have argued with me till they are blue in the face that I unappreciated and underrated them.

There are times I wonder how the 2011 Finals would have gone if the Canucks have gotten a legitimate top 6 forward. Something like a package of Hodgson + 1st would have fetched a nice piece. 

I wasn't too much a Canuck fan prior to that final so you would know the team better but it didn't feel like they had enough secondary scoring and/or blueline depth once the injuries piled up and they Bruins focused on relentless hammering on the Sedins.   The thing I am always amazed at (even beyond the obvious trolls) are those across hockey that think those players (Sedins) are soft.    I don't think I have ever watched tougher competitors who took everything dished and kept playing in the tough areas.   Really impressed me.

To use an analogy, back to your point, if like the Hawks beyond Kane/Toews the Canucks had a Hossa, sure would have helped.   Kesler was (and is) an effective player but not as elite as some make him out to be.   He is not a Hossa or a Malkin type.

I don't know what trolling is my whole point was if we trade the twin we would be better as a team start a full rebuild 

right now where we sit is in no mans land of course the sedins are tough their playing in the nhl . I know surly I can't do what they do so what does that makes me also my basement are fill with autographs stuff from the twins out all my sign stuff more the 80 % are the twins i could take a picture and show 

I'm tire of being mediocre I would love fore them to win a cup before I die at this rate doesn't look like it. I could live with a full rebuild if that means being last for the next 10 years 

until we get that special players and we'll fight for the cup for next 20 years after And that means getting pass the second round more then once in 20 something odd years 

I love the canucks been a fun since watching bure Kirk linden as a kid 

i belive we sign all of those guys cause it gives the canucks a chance at the cup cause hank and dan are still Around I could be wrong just my opinion 

stats are good but playoff I think is base on per game thing. not every team that get pass the second round have depth at some point you gonna stop and  look at the guys that are getting paid the most  or management and  if every one is happy with making it pass the second round once in 20 years then I guess I should be too 

Just be grateful we even have a team right 

The funny thing is the canucks have the recipe on winnng the cup just look at all the recent cup winner they all have one thing in common 

they were all bad teams for a while before having a chance to fight for the cup every year let's just try those strategies something new that

we haven't done ever. Maybe that's a reason why we haven't won a cup in how many years they been around for

Archived