The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

17 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Looks like the GST/PST/local taxes on stubhub is now alive for the Canada version. I had a sale and the email format has changed. I didn't get charged any tax though.

I just had a sale on there and i got charged the 5%   for the service fees.

I actually made the listing with  stubhub.com, and not stubhub.ca

It seems that my info about the Sedins ceremony was incorrect. Sorry guys....

Other topic, I just traded my Pittsburgh's tickets for Montreal. From UB4 Defense to UB4 offense. I had to pay 3$ something extra per ticket. There are still some UB4 Offensive zone tickets available for the Canadiens' game.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Other topic, I just traded my Pittsburgh's tickets for Montreal. From UB4 Defense to UB4 offense. I had to pay 3$ something extra per ticket. There are still some UB4 Offensive zone tickets available for the Canadiens' game.

Sorry? You're f-ing sorry? Based on your info, I re-mortgaged my house and went all-in! I bought 1,000 tickets to the Edmonton game on December 16th. I'm ruined!!!!!!!

:gocan:

5 hours ago, Curt said:

Not now.  Thanks....trading the March GK tix

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Sorry? You're f-ing sorry? Based on your info, I re-mortgaged my house and went all-in! I bought 1,000 tickets to the Edmonton game on December 16th. I'm ruined!!!!!!!

:gocan:

Hopefully the dates are announced in July.  So everyone has a fair chance at tickets

39 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Hopefully the dates are announced in July.  So everyone has a fair chance at tickets

I agree. It would be nice to see them announce the dates before tickets are out. I think it could help them sell season ticket packages. The way that Aquaman said it will likely be a "week long" celebration indicates to me that they may do what I said and retire their numbers on separate nights, likely a Saturday/Sunday. Might as well milk it for all you can. If this season is exciting and goes well, then next season could be a real winner for Canucks season ticket holders. We could have potentially playoffs + 50th anniversary celebrations + sedins retirement + NHL draft in our city. Exciting times :)

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I agree. It would be nice to see them announce the dates before tickets are out. I think it could help them sell season ticket packages. The way that Aquaman said it will likely be a "week long" celebration indicates to me that they may do what I said and retire their numbers on separate nights, likely a Saturday/Sunday. Might as well milk it for all you can. If this season is exciting and goes well, then next season could be a real winner for Canucks season ticket holders. We could have potentially playoffs + 50th anniversary celebrations + sedins retirement + NHL draft in our city. Exciting times :)

guess the Sedin nights im going alone

The tickets that I exchanged yesterday (Pittsburgh for Montreal) got sold the very same day just a few hours after my move. I got lucky again this morning. I was able to trade my UB4 defensive zone Vegas game (The game that will be in March) for UB4 defensive zone Montreal's game. 100% of my sales so far this season were to contacts (repeating buyers) and/or from Craiglist. I didn't get a single sale on NHL Ticket Exchange (I'm not using Stubhub though). I only have 11 games that are unsold for the rest of the season. Soon, I will need to put some tickets aside because otherwise I will not be able to attend a single game this season. Don't get me wrong, the market is not high but if the asking price is just slightly above the season ticket holder cost, tickets will sell. However the fees are too high for buyers on resale sites IMHO. In my opinion, the good thing about Craiglist is that it's all local buyers and once in a while you get a buyer that will ask you for a list of your tickets for sale and they will stay in touch with you year after year. I need to admit that there are some waste of time with idiots who will low ball you or ask if tickets are still available just to not pursue once you answered them yes. 

1 hour ago, Curt said:

The tickets that I exchanged yesterday (Pittsburgh for Montreal) got sold the very same day just a few hours after my move. I got lucky again this morning. I was able to trade my UB4 defensive zone Vegas game (The game that will be in March) for UB4 defensive zone Montreal's game. 100% of my sales so far this season were to contacts (repeating buyers) and/or from Craiglist. I didn't get a single sale on NHL Ticket Exchange (I'm not using Stubhub though). I only have 11 games that are unsold for the rest of the season. Soon, I will need to put some tickets aside because otherwise I will not be able to attend a single game this season. Don't get me wrong, the market is not high but if the asking price is just slightly above the season ticket holder cost, tickets will sell. However the fees are too high for buyers on resale sites IMHO. In my opinion, the good thing about Craiglist is that it's all local buyers and once in a while you get a buyer that will ask you for a list of your tickets for sale and they will stay in touch with you year after year. I need to admit that there are some waste of time with idiots who will low ball you or ask if tickets are still available just to not pursue once you answered them yes. 

Ticketmaster (NHL ticket exchange) is really screwed because it looks like they have been forced (by law, I think?) to move to an ALL IN pricing like stubhub used to have. I commented last year and the year before about how sneaky they were by hiding fees until the checkout page and how few people noticed. Looks like someone complained and now ticketmaster has all in pricing and it is hurting their sales. The prices are in CDN dollars + they include fees, which makes them look much higher than stubhub. For instance if I go to ticketexchange, I see lowest price pair for Boston Bruins is $77.32 but lowest price on stubhub is $48.00 (excluding fees). Bottom line I am not surprised sales have been low on tm+.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Ticketmaster (NHL ticket exchange) is really screwed because it looks like they have been forced (by law, I think?) to move to an ALL IN pricing like stubhub used to have. I commented last year and the year before about how sneaky they were by hiding fees until the checkout page and how few people noticed. Looks like someone complained and now ticketmaster has all in pricing and it is hurting their sales. The prices are in CDN dollars + they include fees, which makes them look much higher than stubhub. For instance if I go to ticketexchange, I see lowest price pair for Boston Bruins is $77.32 but lowest price on stubhub is $48.00 (excluding fees). Bottom line I am not surprised sales have been low on tm+.

I personally like the all inclusive pricing on NHL TicketExchange.  If I were a buyer, I would like to see the price of everything before I even think of buying it.  Also with StubHub, the US version (haven't seen the Canadian pricing site yet since its launch) sure it looks good and all but then you have to factor the exchange rate and all.  I would think that most Canadian buyers don't have a US currency credit card so when you buy in US funds on your Canadian credit card it fluctuates for a few days so you don't really know what the conversion rate is until its posted on your bill.

I would personally buy from NHL TicketExchange over StubHub for NHL tickets.  Unless its like > $20 per ticket more then I would think about it.

2 hours ago, gong_8 said:

I personally like the all inclusive pricing on NHL TicketExchange.  If I were a buyer, I would like to see the price of everything before I even think of buying it.  Also with StubHub, the US version (haven't seen the Canadian pricing site yet since its launch) sure it looks good and all but then you have to factor the exchange rate and all.  I would think that most Canadian buyers don't have a US currency credit card so when you buy in US funds on your Canadian credit card it fluctuates for a few days so you don't really know what the conversion rate is until its posted on your bill.

I would personally buy from NHL TicketExchange over StubHub for NHL tickets.  Unless its like > $20 per ticket more then I would think about it.

Of course, I agree. But the numbers differ. Stubhub moved to all-in pricing years ago and saw a HUGE decline in revenue even though their prices remained the same. They spent millions of dollars in advertising trying to "teach" people about all in pricing but it didn't work. After a year of heavy losses they fired their CEO and the new CEO very hushh-hush reintroduced fees and pretended like all-in pricing never happened. Conclusion? Many people who buy tickets are ignorant or don't care to spend the time looking at the fine print or end total. I know people like this. They don't even look at their credit card statements, they just pay the bill. So NHL Ticketexchange is going to lose a lot of buyers with their all-in pricing.

My kids are 1 and 3 years old and I just signed them up to season ticket holders with one full season ticket in each of their names. I figured by the time they are my age they will be 30 plus year season ticket holder and it's something that will follow them the rest of their life. If you have kids you might want to think about doing the same thing or even if you have nephews. Rogers Arena isn't getting any bigger there's only ever going to be about 19,000 seats maximum but the population of Vancouver is going to keep going up and once the Canucks get good again tickets will be almost impossible to find for a reasonable price. I wish my parents have done that when I was one years old

Archived