The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) - Canucks/NYR

I think NY says no. And I think JB also says no. Lind may end up being a top line player, Pouliot is improving daily, and our 2nd is going to be basically A high 1st. I'd rather trade tanev to get another 1st. And if it looks like baer might not be in the plans as well as Goldie. I hope we can flip them for 2nds Baer for sure should garner a 2nd. maybe goldie + might get back one. I guess that depends on if another team sees his potential. With him being waiver eligible and the fact we have so many young kids who look like they may pass him I just don't see how we keep him. Shame cuz I don't think he would report to Utica. He already mentioned the KHL as an option if he can't crack an NHL club.

It's doubtful that the Rangers would consider it.  There are too many players who put up a lot of points in juniors and never translate to the NHL.  The best bet to find a player is really in the top-half of the 1st round.  

I mean I really like Kole Lind. But from the other point of view, would we accept two 2nds and a depth D for our first this year? Cause that is what we are offering them for theirs. I don't think any team would ever accepts a couple 2nds for a high lottery 1st. Even if one of those 2nds looks like a solid pick. 

Interesting 

Kole Lind has drawn comparisons to Cody Glass. Some people suggesting they are of equal caliber. Two excellent prospects. 

NYR drop 20ish spots in the draft and pick up a blue chip prospect in Lind. Plus add a potential top 4 D in Pouliot. Add on top of that possibly Merkley or Bokk...lots of intriguing picks with our 2nd. 

Not sure where you’re going with the whole Rangers letter comment. Rangers would be acquiring 3 young assets. 

13 hours ago, Hendo1987 said:

Interesting 

Kole Lind has drawn comparisons to Cody Glass. Some people suggesting they are of equal caliber. Two excellent prospects. 

NYR drop 20ish spots in the draft and pick up a blue chip prospect in Lind. Plus add a potential top 4 D in Pouliot. Add on top of that possibly Merkley or Bokk...lots of intriguing picks with our 2nd. 

Not sure where you’re going with the whole Rangers letter comment. Rangers would be acquiring 3 young assets. 

Lind is a very good prospect, but he's not 'blue chip'. The Rangers would be better served looking to move up in the draft, not move down.

14 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

Lind is a very good prospect, but he's not 'blue chip'. The Rangers would be better served looking to move up in the draft, not move down.

Do you consider Glass blue chip? 

As as far as I can see the only difference is draft position. Kole Lind is a heck of a player that plays with a bit of sandpaper. Started the year with mono, got a concussion and still managed to be top 10 in WHL scoring. 

What do you consider blue chip?

4 hours ago, Hendo1987 said:

Do you consider Glass blue chip? 

As as far as I can see the only difference is draft position. Kole Lind is a heck of a player that plays with a bit of sandpaper. Started the year with mono, got a concussion and still managed to be top 10 in WHL scoring. 

What do you consider blue chip?

According to Wikipedia:

"Blue chip players are those who have proven themselves to be among the best at their positions in their respective sports and are more sought after and wanted than other players. They are typically perceived as "can't miss" prospects who are desired by most organizations. Blue chip athletes are likely to have an immediate impact on teams that acquire them and have proven skills rather than speculative or untapped potential."

So the likes of McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Dahlin etc. Not Glass, not Lind. Franchise-altering players, not franchise-complementing players.

2 minutes ago, Hendo1987 said:

Ohhh

Sorry I didn’t realize blue chip and generational were the same thing.....

I wouldn't consider Eichel, Matthews or Dahlin generational. Matthews is barely a PPG player on a playoff team, McDavid would be shredding the league in scoring if his team had more than one other decent talent. Eichel is great, but his team isn't much more worse than McDavid's and McDavid has almost 30 more points in 13 more games. McDavid is definitely in a league of his own right now.

Just now, Hendo1987 said:

Sorry to break this to you but McDavid, Eichel, Mathews aren’t prospects. 

Also, when they were drafted they were considered blue chip. I don't think he was referring to them now as blue chip prospects.

27 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I wouldn't consider Eichel, Matthews or Dahlin generational. Matthews is barely a PPG player on a playoff team, McDavid would be shredding the league in scoring if his team had more than one other decent talent. Eichel is great, but his team isn't much more worse than McDavid's and McDavid has almost 30 more points in 13 more games. McDavid is definitely in a league of his own right now.

Also, when they were drafted they were considered blue chip. I don't think he was referring to them now as blue chip prospects.

So McDavid was the only blue chip prospect in his draft class? 

6 minutes ago, Hendo1987 said:

So McDavid was the only blue chip prospect in his draft class? 

No, cause like I said I don't consider blue chip to be generational. You can be blue chip and not generational. Generational should mean you are a once in generation talent, having like 6 of them kinda undermines the meaning.

Ok well if you think McDavid and Dahlin aren’t generational talents you’re ridiculous. Glass was rated the 4th best prospect outside of the NHL by TSN. Jordan Kyrou at 15.....apparently not blue chip. 

When TSN calls these players blue chip I think I’ll take their word over yours.

Archived