The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team Canada Loses Another Gold Medal In Hockey To Team USA!

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I know.  You guys keep pointing it out.  Also, you forgot to add football. ;)

maybe this Naismith was instructed  to  do what he did by those great Canadian nhl forsee'ers to keep you away from hockey , but in typical American style you got your nose into it and liked it ::D

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I agree, but winning the U19 is a big step towards that goal.  Especially if the NBA decides to pull an NHL and ban players from the Olympics.

I agree, some of those guys might become basketball stars.

When Yugoslavia won in Bormio 1987, all those guys ended up being good players.

Plus you had few like Kukoc, Divac, Radja and Djordjevich that become superstars.

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I know.  You guys keep pointing it out.  Also, you forgot to add football. ;)

and possibly baseball. You guys are like the Romans to our Greece, just stealing our good ideas and super-sizing them. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

and possibly baseball. You guys are like the Romans to our Greece, just stealing our good ideas and super-sizing them. 

It's what we do.  We like your oil, we bring "freedom" to your country.  We like your sports ideas, we Americanize them and turn them into multi-billion dollar businesses. B)

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's what we do.  We like your oil, we bring "freedom" to your country.  We like your sports ideas, we Americanize them and turn them into multi-billion dollar businesses. B)

I want reparations. 

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

...but we get even in sneaky ways.   Most of your top actors, in particular comedian based, are from Canada and we ruin lives when those in US discover that after having a beer from Canada you have been paying for coloured water all these years.:lol:

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

...but we get even in sneaky ways.   Most of your top actors, in particular comedian based, are from Canada and we ruin lives when those in US discover that after having a beer from Canada you have been paying for coloured water all these years.:lol:

Actually, It seems like half of our Sci-Fi actors are Canadian.  Our regular actors are pretty much from all around the world.  Our comedians are mostly Jewish.

I live in Buffalo.  Most of our top beers are Canadian.  Although, believe it or not, the top beer in Canada is Bud Light.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Actually, It seems like half of our Sci-Fi actors are Canadian.  Our regular actors are pretty much from all around the world.  Our comedians are mostly Jewish.

I live in Buffalo.  Most of our top beers are Canadian.  Although, believe it or not, the top beer in Canada is Bud Light.

You are not the first person who has told me this yet I know absolutely no one who drinks it.   No one.   I cannot speak for all Canadians and have not been a full-time Canadian resident for much of my adult life but I grew up in Canada and am often in Canada and I will say that I have been around a beer - a lot of beer - consumed by a lot of people and not a drop was evern Bud Light.    

Someone, somewhere must be drinking a lot of it in Canada but never in front of me.    

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

1240588_10201121879943395_1253892154_n.jpg

The problem for Canada is that something like 90% live within 100 miles of the US border.  We get nuked, we die quickly, Canadians die slower and more painfully.  How's that for a sobering thought.  :unsure::(

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You are not the first person who has told me this yet I know absolutely no one who drinks it.   No one.   I cannot speak for all Canadians and have not been a full-time Canadian resident for much of my adult life but I grew up in Canada and am often in Canada and I will say that I have been around a beer - a lot of beer - consumed by a lot of people and not a drop was evern Bud Light.    

Someone, somewhere must be drinking a lot of it in Canada but never in front of me.    

Probably all of the d-bags in Toronto.  :lol:

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

The problem for Canada is that something like 90% live within 100 miles of the US border.  We get nuked, we die quickly, Canadians die slower and more painfully.  How's that for a sobering thought.  :unsure::(

i'm 65 miles from the Alaskan border maybe Russia wants Alaska back since it was such a bad deal monetarily for them.  yikes

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

i'm 65 miles from the Alaskan border maybe Russia wants Alaska back since it was such a bad deal monetarily for them.  yikes

They'd get just as destroyed as the US.  Since they'd only send a couple of nukes into Alaska, maybe you'd live and become king of the province in the aftermath!

10 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

They'd get just as destroyed as the US.  Since they'd only send a couple of nukes into Alaska, maybe you'd live and become king of the province in the aftermath!

people think this current global paranoia is crazy but it actually pails in comparison to ww2, there was submarine nets across both harbour entrances here  20,000 American soldiers right here,in the middle of nowhere , the japanese were sending thousands of these balloon bomblets in the east west trade winds  with hopes that they would randomly hit something

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

people think this current global paranoia is crazy but it actually pails in comparison to ww2, there was submarine nets across both harbour entrances here  20,000 American soldiers right here,in the middle of nowhere , the japanese were sending thousands of these balloon bomblets in the east west trade winds  with hopes that they would randomly hit something

I'm way more worried about rogue nations than I am of Russia.  Russia doesn't want to get obliterated any more than we do.  You get a dictator with nukes though, he may launch them out of spite if he's about to get overthrown and assassinated anyways.

Archived