The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Marc-Andre Fleury

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Looks like a solid deal. Not too long and he was lights out last year. If he can keep up last year's performance for the three years of the contract it'll actually be a steal.

the run and gun system worked last year but most teams saw what trotz did and will be adjusted for this year. and honestly i think last year was his epoch and you will never get that out of him again

10 hours ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

the run and gun system worked last year but most teams saw what trotz did and will be adjusted for this year. and honestly i think last year was his epoch and you will never get that out of him again

Terrible extension. 

GMGM just made Fleury one of the highest paid goalies in the league. He'll be 34 in November. I would have done a 1 year extension or let him play out next year. 

Fleury played very well on a very good team last year. But he's also had the propensity to crash and burn in the playoffs. 

This contract is simply too long and too much money for an aging goaltender. Vegas will regret this extension in a year or two. 

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Terrible extension. 

GMGM just made Fleury one of the highest paid goalies in the league. He'll be 34 in November. I would have done a 1 year extension or let him play out next year. 

Fleury played very well on a very good team last year. But he's also had the propensity to crash and burn in the playoffs. 

This contract is simply too long and too much money for an aging goaltender. Vegas will regret this extension in a year or two. 

Not too sure what you would do when MAF said 'thanks, but no thanks'. UFA status for top players is a huge bargaining chip. Putting down the GM that put an expansion team in the SCF is a tad over the top, even for CDC !

On 2018-07-14 at 12:45 PM, SingleThorn said:

Not too sure what you would do when MAF said 'thanks, but no thanks'. UFA status for top players is a huge bargaining chip. Putting down the GM that put an expansion team in the SCF is a tad over the top, even for CDC !

If he said no thanks as UFA next season to 7 mill 3 years I'd say thank you and good luck with your future team. 

I don't see anyone offering that term and money to a goalie who would be close to 35 years old next summer. 

Vegas should have simply let him play out his contract next season.. 

Just because GMGM got Vegas to the SCF does not mean he can't make a mistake. 

He has been an NHL GM for 18 years.. pretty sure he hasn't built a Cup Winner yet. I'm a huge Caps fan so I spent many years cheering for GMGM. Not sure how saying this is a bad contract extension is over the top.   

Archived