Antifa protesters chant outside Fox's Tucker Carlson's home, break door

prix57

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

wow

what a very canadian hockey fan viewpoint

i really like that

i hope trumpie does not steal your idea for his mexicana wall

(we'd need to design something zamboni like

as the maintenance vehicle for that hockey wall :P)

Mexican side can have tall burrito looking bars. I like the zamboni idea.

18 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Those first 2 words are bang on Jimmy.

With freedom comes responsibility.

This is happening in a lot of societies on this planet in varying degrees.

I was watching QandA last night and a former exPM back when we had stable government was talking about the fact that our society has become the most polarised it has ever been.

People have always vehemently disagreed at times however there was some level of respect.

Even on these boards I have noted the change in users behaviour now compared to when I used to contribute a few years back.

As I have stated it is almost impossible to have a rational,logical discussion with a group of people who do not share your point of view.

I do blame social media in large part for conditioning us to all have instant and highly emotional reactions to tiny snippets of information, often out of context. 

Real discussions take time, you have to listen/read a little bit to the other people, and try to think a little bit about what you are saying or writing before slamming on the keys. Social media rarely does any of that. 

18 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

....and of course, there's a different version of events at Carlson's house now:

https://thinkprogress.org/i-was-at-the-protest-outside-tucker-carlsons-house-heres-what-actually-happened-665c2dc0cb67/

Quelle suprise. Should have figured that the host of the White Power Hour would cry like a little bitch and embellish a nothing-burger in order to play the victim to the buffoons that tune into his show.

22 hours ago, 406in604 said:

Imagine not liking something someone said and finding out where they live and scaring the wits out of them. Its ridiculous.

Someone is going to get killed. One of these groups is going to push up on the wrong person at the wrong time and someone is going to protect their family and property by opening fire on the crowd. 

If someone was trying to smash my door in to gain access to my home I may fire upon the crowd to protect my family. Going to someone's home and stepping foot on their property is too far. 

I believe that the bolded is now a dated statement.

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I do blame social media in large part for conditioning us to all have instant and highly emotional reactions to tiny snippets of information, often out of context. 

Real discussions take time, you have to listen/read a little bit to the other people, and try to think a little bit about what you are saying or writing before slamming on the keys. Social media rarely does any of that. 

Walk a mile in another person's shoes.

Compassion and Empathy is what we are lacking.

I have likened the internet to discussion as the gun was to killing.

Before the gun you had to be right up close to someone almost look them in the eye to either stab them,club them,inflict some harm.

This is a lot more confronting/harder to do than kill,injure someone from a distance.

I see it much the same thing as saying hurtful,hateful things to someone's face or from the "comfort" of your own home to someone who might even be on the other side of the planet.

Archived