The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - CANUCKS VS SHARKS 6 PM, PST.

TNucks1

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

He only gets revenge if Chaput and Vey manage to score against us.

The roster he's got in LA is a hell of a lot more promising than what he had to deal with in Van.

All this losing is tough. I just can't believe our injury luck. Yes, the team is on pace to be where I expected at seasons end... But I was expecting more of a W-L-T kind of play out. 8 straight just hurts.

Pack your $&!#, fly home. &^@# LA

I feel bad for Bo 

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And what's the other half?

Benning has to think about the team with a long term perspective.  So the NHL half is made up of

1. Players who we know are going to be part of the future core:  Horvat, Pettersson, (Boeser)
  2. Players who are proven NHLers who may or may not be with the team long term:  (Baertschi), Granlund, Gudbranson, Stecher, Biega, Markstrom, Nilsson
  3. Players who are improving at the NHL level and have development to do:  Virtanen, Goldobin, Motte*, Hutton, Pouliot
  4. Players who give veteran support to younger players:  Eriksson, (Sutter), (Beagle), Gagner, Roussel, Schaller, (Edler), Tanev, MDZ

The rest I think should be in Utica

1. Players who have been playing with the Canucks who would benefit from playing in Utica:  Gaudette, Leipsic, Motte*
  2. Players who have been with the Canucks who are career AHLers who should be providing veteran support for developing players in Utica:  Archibald, Gaunce, Boucher, 

*Motte is right on the bubble imo

• 4 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, canuck2288 said:

JB actually built a good team mix 

problem is it all falls apart with injuries and then we are exposed when we start playing marginal AHL quality players 

How do we know though it’s such a small sample size when we do well with our injuries not happening at the beginning teams don’t play there systems

u TIL November December properly anyway and were already injuried every year by then so it doesent matter much about being in a playoff spot early in the year because anyone can be buffalo was first place at one point now they’re like 28th, anyway even when healthy this team lacks a lot IMO it can be competitive but not a winner 

Archived