The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Jake Virtanen or Nikolay Goldobin?

Jake Virtanen or Nikolay Goldobin?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, JayDangles said:

You know whats even more rare, guys who are 220 that can skate, hit and score... but don't......

4th on the team in goals (with bad teammates no meaningful PP time and below 50% ozone starts), 2nd on the team in hits. But hey, doesn’t hit or score. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

To bad his brain doesn't keep up

I believe he’ll call Brunei improving. He’s still young. He’s clearly not of the same tier as horvat Boeser petey but I believe he’ll carve out a solid impact role on our roster and we haven’t seen his best yet

Virtanen by a mile. He still a bit tentative at times under certain situations but the guy can make things happen with or without the puck. He is pretty dang good at puck retrieval and that is so critical in this day and age.

Once he get regular playing time with good line mates in think he'll turn the corner offense wise... 

Worst case we get a speedy hard hitting third liner who can score goals... a lot of first rounders bust but virtanen has more tools to use than most first rounder have outside of offense.

Alpha Pettersson to make Goldobin and Virtanen great?

If I had to choose between Virtanen and Goldobin, I would choose Virtanen.  The Canucks need more speed and physicality and JV brings both.

Having said, I do have an idea that I’d be willing to see (although it’s likely too late now given that we only have one more game to play and Goldobin might not be back next season).

Play both Goldobin and Virtanen, and see if our best center can bring out the best in our two forwards with the most potential.  

This also gives our other lines more depth by default (ie Pearson-Horvat-Boeser).

Archived