The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] 2 Fun Trades

Trade #1                                                                                 Trade #2

Edmonton trades                                                                     Anaheim trades

Milan Lucic (Drops his NTC)                                                   2019 1st (9th OA)

2019 1st (8th OA)

Vancouver trades                                                                    Vancouver trades

Chris Tanev 50%                                                                     Tyler Madden

Sven Baertschi 50%                                                                Michael DiPietro

Nikolai Goldobin                                                                      Guillaume Brisbois

2019 2nd (40th)                                                                       Brandon Sutter (replaces Kesler and helps them defensively down the middle)

2021 - 1st (15th to 18th OA) Unprotected

Vancouver Drafts

2019 1st (8th OA)  Vasily Podkolzin

2019 1st (9th OA) Matthew Boldy

2019 1st (10th OA) Moritz Seider

Edmonton becomes immediately competitive

Anaheim's rebuilt starts

I both their cases, they get a 1st round pick back

Vancouver looses assets, but puts 3 top ten draft picks into the mix early

:bigblush:

Vancouver's 2021 - 2022 Roster...…….(Lucic bought out at the Entry draft)

Boldy/Pettersson/Podkolzin                                     Hughes/Seider                                    Demko

Pearson/Horvat/Boeser                                           Juolevi/Woo                                         Markstrom

Leivo/Gaudette/Virtanen                                          Tryamkin/Stecher                                Kielly

Rousell/MacEwen/Lind                                            Hutton/Rafferty

Gadjovich/Jasek / Motte                                          Teves

Sautner

Assets lost will be recovered with trading of excess pieces...………………..we will have 8 to 10 years to rebuild Utica

Then I wake up! :canucks:

Your assessment of value is pretty good I think, though I'm thinking we might overpay a tiny bit in the 2nd deal. It's really hard to tell since the 2021 draft is so far away.

A few problems 1 hell no to lucic plus I really hate the oilers with a passion. 2 can’t retain salary on 2 more player (Luongo. Del zotto already retained) can only have a max of 3. 3 not high on podkolzin plus the Russian issue Canucks have for some reason. 4 a little aggressive on seider could probably trade down to probably 17 maybe even lower and still get him although would love to see him in Canucks uni. 5 like the Anaheim trade I kno they need to replace Kessler but sutter almost devalues that trade if they r in rebuild mode go buy a cheap ufa don’t need to spend that kinda money on a guy who’s gonna be a 3c at absolute best. 

Was kinda fun tho. 

You can sign Ferland for nothing but cap space that gets 183 hits, and 40 points, and he's only 27.

Sign Tyler Myers for the back end, that will give you grit and 25-30 points. 

Try to move Tanev for a 2nd round pick. 

Draft Broberg or Soderstrom.

See if the team can trade Eriksson after July 1. 

Try to sign Brock Nelson if you want to add even more offence. 

Stick to the plan. 

I think I will make my responses here

1. Seider has been seen anywhere from 10 to 22, mostly because the other are said to have more offense, but if you look at Seider's  numbers from past years, he has shown to have decent numbers. Then at the U18's he showed well again. Finally at the IIHF Championships, playing against men again, he has shown both offense and defensive abilities in a very solid showing...…..I think he is a riser. Others have taken notice.

2. Taking a Russian is a risk, but it seems that all of the talented Russians come here. IMO, Podkolzin will be a #1 winger, and I like the skills he brings, he is not ranked 3/4 for nothing...….

3. One of the reasons I did this proposal was that everyone is talking of getting Edmonton's 1st, where I wondered why not Anaheims, so I put it down in the form of a proposal, just to show you what I think it would take...…..don't mind the comments...…...purely for entertainment purposes...….but it is worth a thought, I think

10 hours ago, Bure1010 said:

A few problems 1 hell no to lucic plus I really hate the oilers with a passion. 2 can’t retain salary on 2 more player (Luongo. Del zotto already retained) can only have a max of 3. 3 not high on podkolzin plus the Russian issue Canucks have for some reason. 4 a little aggressive on seider could probably trade down to probably 17 maybe even lower and still get him although would love to see him in Canucks uni. 5 like the Anaheim trade I kno they need to replace Kessler but sutter almost devalues that trade if they r in rebuild mode go buy a cheap ufa don’t need to spend that kinda money on a guy who’s gonna be a 3c at absolute best. 

Was kinda fun tho. 

Don't want Lucic either.  Would have to be an amazing return for me to like a trade.  Buying him out is not a great option, as his salary cap is still 6M for 4 more years.

Del Z's contract is over now.

Canucks have to take Podkolzin...BPA of course.

Think they can do better than Boldy at 9th.

I don't think you get Seider at 17, although he is becoming a little overrated by Nuck fans.

Sutter's value has definitely dipped due to all the injuries. When he's healthy, he is a very good addition to a rebuilding team, as he plays the heavy defensive minutes and is extremely good on the PK.  If Van could retain some of his salary, it might make the trade a little sweeter.  Problem is, the Canucks would still be paying Lucic's cap and I don't know what happened to Eriksson in these proposed trades.

Yes, Jan's trade proposals are always interesting.

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Don't want Lucic either.  Would have to be an amazing return for me to like a trade.  Buying him out is not a great option, as his salary cap is still 6M for 4 more years.

Del Z's contract is over now.

Canucks have to take Podkolzin...BPA of course.

Think they can do better than Boldy at 9th.

I don't think you get Seider at 17, although he is becoming a little overrated by Nuck fans.

Sutter's value has definitely dipped due to all the injuries. When he's healthy, he is a very good addition to a rebuilding team, as he plays the heavy defensive minutes and is extremely good on the PK.  If Van could retain some of his salary, it might make the trade a little sweeter.  Problem is, the Canucks would still be paying Lucic's cap and I don't know what happened to Eriksson in these proposed trades.

Yes, Jan's trade proposals are always interesting.

Del z contract isn’t over til the calendar turns to July 1. So can’t retain more than 3 contracts at the draft. 

And with the draft picks you have to take bpa but podkolzin (haven’t watched much) just from what I’ve read seems to succeed against peers and shy away in stiffer competition. Will be fun to see who falls and jumps up at the draft. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bure1010 said:

Del z contract isn’t over til the calendar turns to July 1. So can’t retain more than 3 contracts at the draft. 

And with the draft picks you have to take bpa but podkolzin (haven’t watched much) just from what I’ve read seems to succeed against peers and shy away in stiffer competition. Will be fun to see who falls and jumps up at the draft. 

"Future Considerations"...…...just saying

1 minute ago, HughMungus said:

Interesting with Kesler out the need for a C. Sutter could work.

But the rest is too many of our lower guys I dont think teams are too interested in. Maybe its just the format on mobile I cant see who goes to what team haha

Basically, I offered some of our B-prospects (DiPietro, Madden, and Brisebois) , Sutter and a 2021 1st

It is a lot, because it would cost a lot....but it would speed up Anaheim's rebuild, which IMO, the will begin shortly. so I think they may go for it.

Maybe too much, maybe not enough :huh:

19 hours ago, Salter said:

Why would you have Seider at 10 over guys like soderstrom, broberg, York? Just curious haha want to know what you like about him I don't know much!

Because I think he is good, and fills positional need...….

My bet is he ends up being picked somewhere between 10 and 16 OA

He reminds me of Mattias Ohlund

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 1

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] 2 Fun Trades