The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do you guys feel about Lucic playing for Vancouver?

Rate this topic

BoHorvatFan20

I don't have any off-ice issues with him like other posters do. He's said some things about Vancouver and the fans which were very understandable imo considering the circumstances. My issue is with his on-ice play. He's very slow, and his puck skills are considerably lesser than what they once were. He was never a wizard with the puck, but now he can officially be labelled stonehands as far as I'm concerned. Maybe playing for the team he cheered for growing up triggers something in him and he can start to regain some of his former self back, but that's not a given. I'd be ok with him in a 4th line capacity in a Reaves role essentially, but that contract screams stay away.

All that said, I'd definitely get behind him or any most other players in the league once they're on the Canucks.

If it was a year by year basis....sure.  We have some cap space now before Hughes and Pettersson sign their next contract.

But its not. So no.

It shouldn't be a choice between Eriksson or Lucic.  We shouldn't have either on the team at this point.