The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Leafs and Coyote’s Mega Deal Involving Auston Mathews

1 hour ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

They already would be giving up OEL, Crouse, Hayton, a 1st and 2nd round picks and that’s not including Arizona also taking Nylander at $7 million so I don’t think they would give anything else up, but to save their franchise they do this in a heartbeat.

If I'm the GM of Arizona, the real deal is for Matthews only. Forget about Nylander or Ceci. (wouldn't want either on my team) 

I wouldn't give up any more than one of OEL or Keller, plus maybe Hayton and a pick. That's max for me and that's borderline too much. 

What you're suggesting is unnecessary. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Gawd almost $7 million for Nylander, who would take that contract for someone that disappears in the playoffs.

Point every other game in the playoffs ain't so bad. For a team that is consistently one and done. 18 points in 24 games this season also isn't too shabby, done the majority of his damage 5 on 5. Something top 6 players on our team largely can't do. Is he overpaid? Yeah, a little bit. 6mil, maybe 6.5, seems fair for him. But it's not an egregious overpayment to the point nobody would take him. He's a top 6 Robin, not a Batman. Kid's only 23, not gonna say he's a playoff bum until he hits those prime years (25-30 range). 

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

If I'm the GM of Arizona, the real deal is for Matthews only. Forget about Nylander or Ceci. (wouldn't want either on my team) 

I wouldn't give up any more than one of OEL or Keller, plus maybe Hayton and a pick. That's max for me and that's borderline too much. 

What you're suggesting is unnecessary. 

Nylander and Mathews play well together and would produce in Arizona and if TO is getting OEL then 1 of their defense has to go to Arizona and I think Arizona would take Ceci over Berrie 

9 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

If this trade is terrible only because there are so many moving pieces then you have to be under 30 and not remember this happened often in the 1990’s and often helped both teams. Also Dubas and the Coyotes GM are the exact same kind of GM as they are both young, use analytics and both seem to dole out overpriced long term contracts to young players.

Well I'll give you points for passion, but  not for assessment. The trade is too large for the cap era and there are too many dumb/unnecessary pieces.

Strip it back a bit. A Matthews for OEL baseline is something to talk about.

On 11/23/2019 at 9:07 AM, luckylager said:

Well I'll give you points for passion, but  not for assessment. The trade is too large for the cap era and there are too many dumb/unnecessary pieces.

Strip it back a bit. A Matthews for OEL baseline is something to talk about.

Everyone wins, Leafs break their salary cap handcuffs and get an additional 2 million in cap room and get their bonafide stud #1 defenseman with young gritty wingers, capable 2nd line centre and a capable backup goalie that would push Anderson for playing time. While Arizona gets their face of the franchise and a scoring winger that plays great with Mathews and get a defenseman that is top 4 and the only throw in is Hutchinson so the Leafs don’t have 3 goalies and their young goalie can still play and develop on the Marlies.

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble