The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

We are evolving...we chew skoal now.

Doesn't chew throw off your semi auto sniping skills ?  Semi A's are less accurate normally .... so i think Chew is not a smart choice...

Albertans are just getting soft.  You guys need to back to bolts.....  stop looking for the easy way.

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Doesn't chew throw off your semi auto sniping skills ?  Semi A's are less accurate normally .... so i think Chew is not a smart choice...

Albertans are just getting soft.  You guys need to back to bolts.....  stop looking for the easy way.

images.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Soft albertans...

Real men us

tpa-apr-13-pic.jpg

Once again, you're wrong.

Bolt action rifles are inherently more accurate due to the bolt being "locked" when firing. While the BCG on a semi auto is "free floating". If you're accurate (especially at ranges over 200yds.) with a semi automatic rifle you're pretty much guaranteed to be even more accurate with a bolt action.

Both rifles are widely accepted hunting tools.

The misinformation you have spread in this thread alone is remarkable. I can only imagine what a joy you are to be around irl.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

It may have prevented the one that saw 3 RCMP officers killed in Moncton a few years ago that occurred with legal firearms. 

This legislation is just one leg of a stool, we still need to track gun purchases, buy back dangerous ones and bring in much stricter border control. 

You're never going to bring it to zero gun crime, but you can try. 

I'm open to hearing more about new smart gun technology in lieu of buybacks or databases, that could be a good middle ground. 

It may have.  Though if the RCMP used the tools that the firearms act provided he should have had his firearms confiscated long before what happened.

No different than the Nova Scotia shooter.  There were multiple red flags that could have prevented this shooting.  The ban would not have stopped him.

Besides the point.  Stricter border control and harsher sentences for illegal use of a firearm should be the focus.  Not people like myself going to the range to fire off a few rounds.

Like always though, Government goes after low hanging fruit.  Time will tell.  Lets see if criminals choose to turn in their "prohibited" weapons to combat another failed Government project, the "drug" trade.

Perhaps they could legalize drugs like marijuana.  We all know how that made illegal marijuana disappear...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

It may have.  Though if the RCMP used the tools that the firearms act provided he should have had his firearms confiscated long before what happened.

No different than the Nova Scotia shooter.  There were multiple red flags that could have prevented this shooting.  The ban would not have stopped him.

Besides the point.  Stricter border control and harsher sentences for illegal use of a firearm should be the focus.  Not people like myself going to the range to fire off a few rounds.

Like always though, Government goes after low hanging fruit.  Time will tell.  Lets see if criminals choose to turn in their "prohibited" weapons to combat another failed Government project, the "drug" trade.

Perhaps they could legalize drugs like marijuana.  We all know how that made illegal marijuana disappear...

I just don't understand why the government doesn't simply make murder illegal. It seems pretty simple to me.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Once again, you're wrong.

Bolt action rifles are inherently more accurate due to the bolt being "locked" when firing. While the BCG on a semi auto is "free floating". If you're accurate (especially at ranges over 200yds.) with a semi automatic rifle you're pretty much guaranteed to be even more accurate with a bolt action.

Both rifles are widely accepted hunting tools.

The misinformation you have spread in this thread alone is remarkable. I can only imagine what a joy you are to be around irl.

Canadians asked for gun control.  Majority support more control.

WE got what we asked for.

Turn in your guns now or face the consequences of arrest and criminal charges.

I say throw the book at Canadians that don't follow our laws.   

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

There is no hunter in Canada that needs to use a semi a. gun....   Zero.

I used enjoy replica assault style  weapons but then i turned 10 years old ... I guess you could say i grew up. 

You should bring your bolt action out and do some boar hunting. Lemme know where and when so I can watch.

From a distance. With my Kodiak.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why would i want to kill a boar ? 

Now why would you go and edit your previous post? You're proven wrong so you revise your statement?

Further proof that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Lionized27 said:

Manly men harvest the meat.

Pussies pose for pictures.

Pictures - yah i guess if you are ashamed of your actions... you don't really want any photos taken...

Harvest the meat...... LOL 

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

I rest my case.

Yes rest your case.

I will rest my case later this year as Canadians start turning in their now illegal semi a  / assault style weapons...

Edited by kingofsurrey

The last 20 pages..

firearm owners - leave me and my guns alone

anti gun crowd - ksbfheoandhsoekndbdjdikdkbsbshdikffjfikfdbjdianebhdid      &^@# you and &^@# your guns!!

edit: lol to the people complaining about hunters securing their own protein while buying all their meat at the butcher shop. 

Edited by You Mad Bro?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1