The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Russo: Wild GM Guerin is actively shopping RHD Matt Dumba

Ilya Mikheyev

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hate to break it to you but Dumba isn't that 'missing piece'. Parayko (or similar), sure. Dumba (or Barrie for that matter), not even close.

Again, we're going to need patience to solve that dilemma, not Leipsic on a bandaid, on a pig.

The Canucks have a solid #1 pairing if Tanev is re-signed but need an upgrade on their 2nd one. Dumba is that (and more so than Barrie).

Sure I would prefer a super elite  RHD defenseman added to this team but they're incredibly hard to come by.

6 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

The Canucks have a solid #1 pairing if Tanev is re-signed but need an upgrade on their 2nd one. Dumba is that (and more so than Barrie).

Sure I would prefer a super elite  RHD defenseman added to this team but they're incredibly hard to come by.

I'd rather just keep Stecher and save $3+m in cap for the amount of 'upgrade' Dumba is.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hate to break it to you but Dumba isn't that 'missing piece'. Parayko (or similar), sure. Dumba (or Barrie for that matter), not even close.

Again, we're going to need patience to solve that dilemma, not Leipsic on a bandaid, on a pig.

Parayko, Manson, Severson, Cernak(risk), Cal foote(risk) and Ryan Pulock...NYI are in worse cap hell then us I think they have Barzal, Pulock, Toews all to sign with only 11m or something?

What if Big Buff wanted to play with Hughes...say on a 1yr 5m deal?

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Parayko, Manson, Severson, Cernak(risk), Cal foote(risk) and Ryan Pulock...NYI are in worse cap hell then us I think they have Barzal, Pulock, Toews all to sign with only 11m or something?

What if Big Buff wanted to play with Hughes...say on a 1yr 5m deal?

Yeah, you lost me at Buf but you were doing great until then! :lol:

34 minutes ago, Monty said:

Byfuglien isn't coming back.

I am aware that is unlikely and if he did not likely to us, but if he did want to play and he told his agent he wanted to play with QH and to call the Canucks we would have to at least look into it

Edited by Canuckster86

From Pierre Lebrun:

The options for Guerin are clear:

1. Trade Dumba this offseason, preferably for a top-6 centre.
  2. Wait until the trade deadline next season or even after the season before the expansion draft to make a move there.
  3. Keep Dumba and protect four defensemen in the expansion draft (meaning only four forwards).

My sense is Guerin is looking at all those options, but he’s already taking calls on Dumba from teams as we speak.

Toronto and Winnipeg are among the teams with needs at the top-4, RHD position and my understanding is the Jets have a genuine interest. Problem is, not only do the Jets not have a top-six center to trade, they’re looking for one themselves this offseason.

Is there another way for Winnipeg to entice Minnesota? Could the Wild live with winger Nikolaj Ehlers in return, a player who happens to have the exact same cap hit, $6 million, as Dumba?

If I’m Winnipeg, that’s where I start.

13 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

From Pierre Lebrun:

I hear there's this center named Galchenyuk hitting the free agent market.  Maybe Minny would be a good fit lol.

In any event - was wondering the same about a Dumba Ehlers deal being a possibility.

Ehlers would seem to fit the bill in terms of the types of forwards they've been acquiring.

However, Ehlers remains a 25 goal, 58 pt player - in 71 games - while Dumba tailed off to 24 this year....even given the fact Ehlers isn't a center - is a winger (and imo an easier asset to acquire/replace than a center or top4 RHD - I'm not sure that Dumba's present market value would equal Ehlers - or at the very least I'm not sure Minny could expect any more than a hockey trade like that, particularly under the circumstances.

All things considered I think that may be a deal you look at if you're Winnipeg - however, the problem for Minnesota is that there are some big fish entering the UFA market at RHD thus far - so whether you can persuade a team like Winnipeg to forego the free agent market - might depend on guys like AP signing before a deal like that becomes possible?

The UFA centers....Hopkins, Mikael Granlund, Soderberg, Namestnikov, Wilson, Smith - not sure there are many particularly attractive, viable top 6 c to compete for in the UFA market...

On 9/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, Alienhuggyflow said:

I never want to see Stech in a top 4 role. He struggles with those matchups. He's a bottom pairing D and these playoffs showed that for me. Our D struggled big time when Myers was hurt and Stech took his place.

He seems to work with Edler well, and i'd rather not see an OJ-Stech 3rd pairing.   Tanev and OJ could be really good together.