The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

That Cutler fumble play was absolutely ridiculous. A refereeing error cost the Chargers the win, and if it causes them to lose a shot at the playoffs, it will be a huge injustice for their season.

I personally am still reeling from that awful performance by my Brownies last night. By the third quarter I was yelling for Brady Quinn, though you'd think they'd have gotten off the run a little earlier considering its very limited effectiveness.

Hard to say. I'm not reeling, but I am disappointed. Like I said earlier, looking at the schedule, I didn't necessarily expect them to start the season 2-0. But the lack of execution on offense has been very sad. Way too many penalties, especially at key points in the game. Next two games qualify as must wins for sure.

Some of the play calling has been very suspect as well. How about some more balls to Winslow? Edwards is clearly not in sync for whatever reason, and without Stallworth or Jurevicius, it is time to throw to the best set of hands on the team. How about more screen passes and draw plays - they were very effective last year.

I didn't necessarily think Anderson was the problem, so it's probably not Brady Quinn time yet. But it's not far off if this ship doesn't turn around.

and SGW - I wouldn't be too concerned. I thought the Bills looked like they were on the brink of the upper echelon last season. So far this season, they're just confirming everything I thought.

Are you f-ing kidding me? Cutler fumbled and San Diego recovered with 1 minute to go in the game. If the referee had gotten the call right and not blown dead a live play (video replay upheld that it was in fact a fumble), San Diego would've won the game on kneeldowns. You don't think that increases their odds of winning as compared to 20 seconds to go 82 yards at the end of the game?

Bottom line, if the referee gets that call right on the field, San Diego wins the game. Period. They screwed up that call, Denver gets another undeserved shot to win, and San Diego has to pray for a miracle at the end that never comes. The refs screwed the Chargers. There's really no way to argue it.

Pretty harsh to be ranking the reigning Super Bowl MVP below two guys without a single playoff game between them, and another without a playoff win. I can see putting McNabb above Eli, though Donovan hasn't played a full season since 2004 and hasn't really had any consistency since losing that Super Bowl.

Tirico and Kornheiser are two of the most annoying people ever. Neither of them have any knowledge or experience with the game, it's just stupid having them there. They're trying to make MNF an entertainment show, just make it pleasing to watch. Not annoying. I miss Madden and Michaels.

Archived