The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

You could debate the AFC East also. Though the division is not living up to the hype the hype was earned by how dominant it was in recent years. Since 2005 they have had 3 of 4 teams with records of .500 or better up until the last year. Even a season or two where all 4 teams where at or above .500%. So it wasn't like the division didn't earn the hype coming into the season.

So I'm watching the Packers / Giants game right now and had a question about the rules. I believe this would apply in both NFL and CFL situations.

In order for a touchdown, the ball just has to cross the plane under control, right?

So if there's a goal line stand and a guy dives through the air with the ball in his hands, as long as the ball breaks the plane, it's a touchdown whether the guys feet were on the ground at the time or not.

If a guy jumps up for a pass in the end-zone, gets control of it in the air but loses it before he hits the ground, it's not a touchdown.

In both cases the guy has control of the ball in the air within the borders of the end-zone. One would be a touchdown and the other wound not.

Why the difference? Any thoughts from people that watch more football than I do?

Archived