The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

oh wow, I haven't bumped into this thread yet and I've been lurking through the forum for a few years already..

Games:

EA SPORTS NHL 2009 (record about 400 W - 120 L - 20 OTL ranked:600ish)

EA SPORTS NHL 2008 (dont remember but ranked around 2000th)

Call of Duty 4 MW (10th prestige, 100% challenges done, 1000 achievement points)

UFC 2009 Undisputed (dont play online (record 2-0 lol) only when people are over)

Gears of War 2 (unreal campaign, get raepd online though)

Gears of War (same thing)

PGR 4 (played for 30 mins)

Forza Motorsport 2 (played for an hour)

Guitar Hero III (gave up trying to learn expert, stuck on last chapter of hard)

Halo 3 (a disappointment after halo 2 imo)

Picked up Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway today, pretty game, even though its a few months old. Theres to many good games out there these days, that i can't keep track of. Oh, i have one question, has anybody played the new Ghostbusters game? If that, is it any good?

I've never moved it around while it's on. Oh and I read that xbox has a 3 year warranty if you get the RROD. Is that true?

yeah, it's true. I suggest calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX, tell them you have the RROD and send them your xbox. They ship you a different one back, so you may be all good. The one they will be sending you back isn't brand new, it's just one that someone else with the RROD has sent in that got fixed. They send you back someone else's to speed up the process.

yeah, it's true. I suggest calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX, tell them you have the RROD and send them your xbox. They ship you a different one back, so you may be all good. The one they will be sending you back isn't brand new, it's just one that someone else with the RROD has sent in that got fixed. They send you back someone else's to speed up the process.

But I don't have the rrod. Can they find out if I had the rrod when I send it in?

They turn the xbox there pretty quick. The second yours is scanned in the door they ship one out, so they will ship one to you before they inspect yours. If they call you on it, just claim it had the RROD when you shipped it. It's not un common for an xbox to get the RROD, not work for a month, and then work again without any problems.

Alright I'll do that. How long does it take for them to ship you one back? Because I wanna get it back before NHL comes out.

3-4 weeks. NHL is usually released aroun the 2nd week of September, so you should be good to go if you do it right away.

Looking for some opinions on racing/steering wheels for my 360, I found out about Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel and I've heard nothing but good. There's only one problem it doesn't do a full 900 degrees turn like in a lot of cars these days. So I'm looking for a wheel for Forza Motorsport 3 for realism, can anyone suggest any other steering wheels that are compatible with the 360? I heard about the G25 which is an amazing wheel but only good for the PS3 and PC. Also if there are other wheels can they be under $200.00

Looking for some opinions on racing/steering wheels for my 360, I found out about Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel and I've heard nothing but good. There's only one problem it doesn't do a full 900 degrees turn like in a lot of cars these days. So I'm looking for a wheel for Forza Motorsport 3 for realism, can anyone suggest any other steering wheels that are compatible with the 360? I heard about the G25 which is an amazing wheel but only good for the PS3 and PC. Also if there are other wheels can they be under $200.00

My 360 won't read any games

What do I do!

Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and tell them you got 3 red lights.

I went through this a few posts back with someone else. He was having problems with the XBOX scratching discs.

Just read back a few posts for tips.

I loved the 360, the interface was nice. The titles were pretty good, but I will not be buying another Microsoft console ever. After have my 2nd system break on me (neither really worked properly to begin with) I am simply fed up. Great software Microsoft but unfortunately you sh!t the bed bigtime when it comes to the hardware.

Hey, tough question for the 360, in my school we use a SwissVPN (mandatory to connect to school internet). Does anyone know how to connect to it through xbox. I really would like to play live there next year when FIFA and NHL 10 come out... SwissVPN is a masking program (I guess you can say), used in Swizterland.

Archived