The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

Ok the problem with my 360 is that it wont read any of my discs. My brand new NHL 10 wont even work. It takes like 30 minutes for it to read and its really annoying because it takes so long. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

Do you guys lag on Xbox Live when video is streaming on your computer at the same time? Apparently my friend has 2 Xbox's going at the same time and streaming video and no lag.

And yeah, I'm using Telus, I'm going to complain to them if that's the case with you Shaw users. I think I'm using Telus High Speed not Turbo.

Do you guys lag on Xbox Live when video is streaming on your computer at the same time? Apparently my friend has 2 Xbox's going at the same time and streaming video and no lag.

And yeah, I'm using Telus, I'm going to complain to them if that's the case with you Shaw users. I think I'm using Telus High Speed not Turbo.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my xbox account suspended. Got the hotmail e-mail.

It was for having a saucey motto. not a word but a picture drawn in =====, @, and a B with the words "eat a".

My buddy had put it in as my motto like 4 months ago and i just kept forgetting to change it. Didn't really care.

Anyone know how long this temporarry account suspension will go for? I'd check on my xbox live dashboard but I just moved and internet hasn't been installed yet.

Update uproar: Xbox 360 revision will disable "unauthorized" memory cards

by Ben Silverman

October 19 3:18 P.M.

Xbox 360 Memory Card

Make sure you're got the right kind of memory card for your Xbox.

Are you using a cheap, hefty memory card to save content on your Xbox 360? If so, you might want to make some changes.

Quickly.

Microsoft spokesperson Major Nelson announced on his blog that "unauthorized Memory Units will no longer work with the Xbox 360" once consumers download and install the system's anticipated November update. While the move is meant to thwart piracy, it's also incited some backlash from 360 gamers.

At issue is the fact that a standard, first-party Microsoft memory card holds a rather paltry 512MB of storage and retails for $29.99. Gamers looking for more bang for their buck have been able to purchase third-party cards with up to 4GB of storage for only $50 -- nearly eight times the space for less than twice the price. But once the update goes live, any card not recognized by Microsoft as an "approved" device will simply fail to work with the system.

Disgruntled 360 owners have been weighing in on Major Nelson's blog (currently sporting roughly 400 comments), frequently pointing out that chief competitor Sony lets users save games with any USB-compliant storage device and can even swap in non-Sony branded hard drives.

So which cards won't work? That's a little tough to say, as Microsoft has yet to issue a full, specific list of approved and non-approved cards. However, they do offer tips for figuring out whether or not your card cuts the mustard.

And before you simply decide to pass on the update, consider the wealth of goodies packed inside: Facebook and Twitter functionality, 1080p HD movies on-demand through Zune video, streaming music through Last.fm, and news services through MSNBC, to name a few.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged...y-cards/1364906

• 2 weeks later...

Archived