The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

It isn't really like any RPG out there, at least that I know of (or can remember at the moment.) RPG is probably my favourite genre, but I didn't really like it, I know a lot of people that did like it though. I would recommend renting it or downloading it for PC before you buy it.

I don't believe in renting.

So there's no game you can compare it to? I really like RPGs too, so I want to pick this up, just looking for opinions first. Is it the traditional go on quest, up grade armor/weapons? Is it in the style of most games where defeat enemies, get experience and level up?

I don't believe in renting.

So there's no game you can compare it to? I really like RPGs too, so I want to pick this up, just looking for opinions first. Is it the traditional go on quest, up grade armor/weapons? Is it in the style of most games where defeat enemies, get experience and level up?

Yeah, I bought Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not very far into it, only level 6 I think, but it definitely has the classic appeal of an RPG that has been sorely missing from the 360 line up. Made by BioWare (Mass Effect, Star Wars games) you know you're getting a solid product. The musical score is surprisingly good, the graphics suffer a bit on the console, some clipping is prevalent and the edges of the models aren't very sharp.

The strangest thing about it though is that if there's a cutscene after a fight, all your players will be soaked in blood, like head to toe. It's gruesome and awesome at the same time. I'd recommend buying it but then again I got it $30 off at Futureshop.

Still waiting on FFXIII though...

you wouldn't enjoy games on the ps3 cause of the horrible controller personally I think the ps3 has the better controller feels alot better in my oppinion but everyone has thier say but going back to the original xbox days that was the worst controller in video game history I was at my buddys playing sanandreas it was just awful then I played sanandres on my ps2 and its 1000000 times better but the 360's controller is alot better than the original box so anyways I belive the ps3 has the better controller out of the two systems ps2 had the better one but w.e and I still just don't see why people who have xbox wont buy a ps3 it has way better games and its only getting better with age and has no problemes whatsoever well at least mine doesen't and Ive had it since launch but I do hear thiers the ylod witch doesen't happen to many people and is easily fixed and you don't half to send it to sony to get repaired big things are coming in the future with sony that will blow people away u just wait and see

Yeah, I bought Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not very far into it, only level 6 I think, but it definitely has the classic appeal of an RPG that has been sorely missing from the 360 line up. Made by BioWare (Mass Effect, Star Wars games) you know you're getting a solid product. The musical score is surprisingly good, the graphics suffer a bit on the console, some clipping is prevalent and the edges of the models aren't very sharp.

The strangest thing about it though is that if there's a cutscene after a fight, all your players will be soaked in blood, like head to toe. It's gruesome and awesome at the same time. I'd recommend buying it but then again I got it $30 off at Futureshop.

Still waiting on FFXIII though...

Cool, thanks again. I'd give you a plus, but I am out :(

I love RPGs. I'll pick this one up, but I too am waiting for the next FF.

you wouldn't enjoy games on the ps3 cause of the horrible controller personally I think the ps3 has the better controller feels alot better in my oppinion but everyone has thier say but going back to the original xbox days that was the worst controller in video game history I was at my buddys playing sanandreas it was just awful then I played sanandres on my ps2 and its 1000000 times better but the 360's controller is alot better than the original box so anyways I belive the ps3 has the better controller out of the two systems ps2 had the better one but w.e and I still just don't see why people who have xbox wont buy a ps3 it has way better games and its only getting better with age and has no problemes whatsoever well at least mine doesen't and Ive had it since launch but I do hear thiers the ylod witch doesen't happen to many people and is easily fixed and you don't half to send it to sony to get repaired big things are coming in the future with sony that will blow people away u just wait and see

So what are you saying ?

Archived