The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

wrestling has the same tradition

yeah i hear a lot of the ufc wrestlers saying that cutting is easy for them because they did it in college wrestling competitions.

I guess everyone wants an edge.

Anyone else seen the first official matches announced for UFC 87????? HUGE!!

We all knew about Brock Lesnar vs Mark Coleman, but apparently they've added another one........

Lightweight Bout:

Roger Huerta vs Kenny Florian

HOW SICK IS THAT????? Can't wait!! August 9 in Minneapolis!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Georges St Pierre Draws Affection from Mandy Moore

Date submitted: 09 May 2008

Author: The Canadian Press

Restored as UFC champion, Montreal fighter Georges St Pierre is back squarely in the mixed martial arts limelight and that includes his personal life, it seems.

The tabloid Star magazine reported that actress-singer Mandy Moore has a crush on GSP, which has since escalated into reports they are dating (Britain's Sun) and Moore is in love (American Girls blog, www.usgirl.org). Other Internet outlets following the Star report simply described Moore as "crushing hard" on the Canadian.

Moore was in the Bell Centre crowd in Montreal last month when St Pierre regained his welterweight title.

So what is the skinny on GSP outside the cage?

A spokeswoman for the 26-year-old St Pierre says UFC president Dana White introduced Moore to the fighter backstage prior to one of the Canadian's Las Vegas bouts last year. The two are not romantically involved, although St Pierre "did say that he would date her if given the opportunity," according to the spokeswoman.

It appears the ball is now in Moore's court. The 24-year-old has previously been linked romantically with actors Zach Braff and Wilmer Valderrama, musicians Greg Laswell and Ryan Adams, and tennis star Andy Roddick.

UFC fighters and the ladies also figure in Chuck Liddell's entertaining autobiography "Iceman." Liddell notes that after a night of celebrating his UFC 47: It's On win over rival Tito "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Ortiz, he brought some company to his room. "A lot of company. I can't remember how many women, but I know it was more than two."

White came to Liddell's hotel room the next morning and found two women asleep in the living room, two more in the bathroom and another in bed with Liddell. "None of us had any clothes on," the unmarried fighter said.

In the "we didn't really need to know" department, Liddell adds he ended that morning by having sex while doing a phone interview with a radio station.

"Again, I'm not trying to brag," wrote Liddell. "That is just the way it was. What else can I say? It's good to be a winner."

Mandy Moore has the hots for GSP And Chuck Liddell is a whore! oh my eyes! what girl isnt a attracted to a guy with a small potbelly and a small mohawk. :wacko:

Pffffft.... only five chicks??? What a loser.

it kind of makes you wonder how 2 chicks fell asleep in the washroom..

out of all the places to zonk out. they were probably doing drugs in there.

unless one girl feel asleep on the toilet and the other while taking a bath.. but it seems far fetched.. :huh:

it kind of makes you wonder how 2 chicks fell asleep in the washroom..

out of all the places to zonk out. they were probably doing drugs in there.

unless one girl feel asleep on the toilet and the other while taking a bath.. but it seems far fetched.. :huh:

Definte coke sluts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well UFC 84 is tommorow folks!

the weigh ins were today. If you missed them you can go to ufc.com and watch them again. Its good to see that Wanderlei shaved his head again from the looks of it. He will be sporting that badass tattoo on the back of his head so he looks more like an axe killer and living up to his name.

Should be good! this is the best UFC card ive ever seen. Its even more stacked than 79 Liddell/Silva Gsp/Hughes Soko/Machida. :) From the televised fights right down to the preliminaries. Ususally the prelims are crap but this one is stacked too.

So here we go:

Main Card

* Lightweight Championship bout: Flag of the United States B.J. Penn vs. Flag of the United States Sean Sherk[1]

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Tito Ortiz vs. Flag of Brazil Lyoto Machida[1]

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Wanderlei Silva vs. Flag of the United States Keith Jardine[1]

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Thiago Silva vs. Flag of Brazil Antonio Mendes[1]

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Wilson Gouveia vs. Flag of Croatia Goran Reljic[1]

Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of Cameroon Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Flag of Japan Kazuhiro Nakamura[1]

* Welterweight bout: Flag of the United States Jon Koppenhaver vs. Flag of Japan Yoshiyuki Yoshida[1]

* Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Rich Clementi vs. Flag of the United Kingdom Terry Etim[1]

* Middleweight bout: Flag of Brazil Rousimar Palhares vs. Flag of Canada Ivan Salaverry[1]

* Welterweight bout: Flag of the United Kingdom Jason Tan vs. Flag of South Korea Dong Hyun Kim[1]

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Christian Wellisch vs. Flag of the United States Shane Carwin[1]

BJ Penn vs Sherk, I think BJ will find a way to go for the rear naked choke but i hope Sherk wins. Just to humble BJ a little. Hes got more natural talent but he was heard saying that if he wins he wants out of the lightweight division and back to welterweight and a shot at GSP. I think he needs to string a few more wins in lightweight and in welter before he thinks of a direct title shot again.

Silva vs Jardine. I want Wanderlei to win because hes just a stand up nice guy and a psychopath in the octagon. but you gotta bet that Jardine will have a plan since hes with Team Jackson. Wanderlei has said that he wants to move down to middleweight after this fight so i dunno. A Silva win would kinda be pointless but i want to see him fight Rampage Jackson again. The last 2 fights were brutal KO's. Randy Couture has been coaching Wanderlei this time so it should be interesting to see Silva add that component to his game thats been missing since he always going for the knockout.

Tito vs Machida. Im going to say that Tito will win this and it wont be as close as everyone thinks. I think Tito will ground and pound Machida into a pulp here. His ground game hasnt been tested much other than reversing Soko's sweep in 79.

Thiago is undefeated and it will be interesting to see what he brings to the table this time but im thinking he will win this one again. Plus i dont know too much about his opponent. I think its a debut.

The debut of croatia's Goran Reljic should be interesting. Ive read some good things about him. Hes training at Extreme Couture with Silva/Griffin/Couture/Stout/Baroni camp.

I hope we get to see a few undercards. I want to see how Soko performs after his loss to Brazil's Thiago. Clementi is on a roll and this should be something too. 5 wins in a row. I dont get why hes on the undercard though with that many wins. I guess he got demoted because of how stacked this card is.

Yoshida vs Jon "the war machine" Koppenhaver. I think war machine just got out of jail or something haha hes a loose canon and mentally unstable. lets c what happens :D

oh and May 31 UFC's Arianny Celeste will be in vancouver at BC place for a car show. Why am i pointing this out? Well for no apparent reason then to give me a segue to post a pictures of her.

20fx8pt.jpg

wtu06v.jpg

yay! *slobber*

Pretty decent show IMO.

Thiago Silva is the man. Got hot early but kept his cool and eventually tooled the poor guy.

SOOOOOOOOO happy Machida beat the POS Ortiz. He's got some skill. Especially when he escaped that traingle/armbar. That was SICK!!

So dissapointed in Sherk and Jardine. Both seemed lost in their fights. Keith got caught early, as I thought he would. But what a horrible showing for Sherk. Coulda been a great fight. Nice win by B.J., but I can't stand him. Then he calls out GSP?????? Do you wanna lose again??? And wtf does he he think GSP's gonna drop to Lightwieght? If BJ were to step up to Welter, GSP would destroy him.

Either way, very pumped for Huerta/Florian at UFC 87. IMO, both of these guys could beat Penn.

Pretty decent show IMO.

Thiago Silva is the man. Got hot early but kept his cool and eventually tooled the poor guy.

SOOOOOOOOO happy Machida beat the POS Ortiz. He's got some skill. Especially when he escaped that traingle/armbar. That was SICK!!

So dissapointed in Sherk and Jardine. Both seemed lost in their fights. Keith got caught early, as I thought he would. But what a horrible showing for Sherk. Coulda been a great fight. Nice win by B.J., but I can't stand him. Then he calls out GSP?????? Do you wanna lose again??? And wtf does he he think GSP's gonna drop to Lightwieght? If BJ were to step up to Welter, GSP would destroy him.

Either way, very pumped for Huerta/Florian at UFC 87. IMO, both of these guys could beat Penn.

yup i agree.

I thought it was an awesome card but the show itself was average. :(

too many quick knockouts. It didnt have the back and forth fighting like some other great UFC's. Too lopsided.

Wandlerlei.. damn .. I hope Jardine is ok. That was brutal. Did you the rock. shaq, girl from the 70's show going WTF! did we just see..

Sherk looked like a Tyrannosaurus Rex with his little arms. Man that sucked. His reach was too small. He whiffed on most of his punches.

Yea Machida winning was good for hte UFC although technical i thought it was kind of a boring match. jab jab run... jab jab run... kick. oh well he did what he had to do to win.

I dont think Penn should get a straight shot at Welterweight championship. He needs to prove he can hang with them. Everyime he moves to Welterweight he basically gets an automatic title show. He lost 2x after the first win so i think he needs to prove his worth.

IIRC the first matchup between Penn/GSP was a split decision. Now, I don't see a Penn/GSP match lasting longer than Serra/GSP did at 83.

mmalinker.com

you can watch most of the videos here :D

Just pick a fighter and their videos come up.

i guess ortiz really isnt the huntington beach bad boy he thought he was?

He tried though. Machida just kept running away though. I think he relies on the ground and pound too much.

I hope GSP ends BJ Penns career

thats how much I hate him

GSP would kill him, look at the size difference..Penn's 155 pounds :lol: I weigh more than that ***

I want GSP to destroy Penn too :D

But Penn has fought bigger guys. He fought Machida i think at 205 :o

Penn doesnt get rocked. They actually fight quite even. Penn has a head made of concrete or something.

edit: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-401523193852804399

I dont think the link is working on this site.

Edited by Pfizer