The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Bisping rocked that guy bad.....

And now there is some buddy from Surrey fighting.. haha

At first Surrey got a boost because it was actually recognized. Now it's even more embarrassing living here than ever. I would've preferred he got knocked out 2 minutes in TRYING to win, rather than that horrendous showing. The idiot brown guy 'trainer' gave our community another stereotypical 'tough-guy wannabe act' at the end of the fight.

great ppv. very happt gsp won and serra can't talk anymore. bisping gave it to the chainsaw guy also the surrey guy got embarrased kept running and it was even funnier when quarry immitated him and the surrey guy came back by fingering him :lol: the goulet match after the gsp one was pretty good doubt alot of ppl saw it though considering it was after the main event

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BIATCH!!!! That was awesome tonight!!!!!

Few points.....

- GSP showed why he is perhaps the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in the world (with respect to Anderson Silva). Serra had nothing. No answer for anything GSP dished out. Those knees to the kidneys hurt me just watching them!!!! Right on, RUSH!!!

- I said it before, and I'll say it again. Bisping was given this victory. How do you pit a NOTHING like "Chainsaw" McCarthy against him??? Ridiculous matchup, right from the get-go. And you knew Bisping was in no trouble with that weak armbar attempt. Just a way to get Bisping back on the winning track.

- The best overall fight on the card IMO was Danzig vs Bocek. Mac is the MAN!!! Absoultely crushed Bocek. This guy is gonna be a serious threat in the lightweight division.

- Kalib Starnes.... wow. What a joke. I honestly think he just needed the money. That was pathetic. Sad he's from B.C. too, well... Surrey. Whatevs.

- The Markus Naslund comment was brutal!!! We all laughed so hard at that. Mike Goldberg was obviously just trying to be as Canadian as possible with that one. what he actually said was: "Kalib Starnes is getting booed like Markus Naslund of the Vancouver Canucks would..... *pause*..... here at the Bell Center if he scored a hat trick against 'Les Habitants', the Montreal Canadiens!" Such a sorry attempt to be hip with the Canadian viewer..... funny stuff!

oh baby... GSP rocked Serra... I heard GSP might move up a weight class if he starts to dominate this one... which he probably will, GSP vs Anderson Silvia would be great!!! and how bout a Bisping vs Silvia fight..... in other news July 19th Tim Sylvia vs Fedor Emelianenko on HDnet fights... I give the fight to Fedor referee stoppage

"getting boo'ed like markus naslund of the vancouver canucks"

:lol:

wow if i was naslund i'd sure sue that guy

Woah, so that was actually said.

My boyfriend came and told me but I didn't believe him so I kept on checking this thread to see if anyone would mention it...

Haha, that's funny :lol:

- The Markus Naslund comment was brutal!!! We all laughed so hard at that. Mike Goldberg was obviously just trying to be as Canadian as possible with that one. what he actually said was: "Kalib Starnes is getting booed like Markus Naslund of the Vancouver Canucks would..... *pause*..... here at the Bell Center if he scored a hat trick against 'Les Habitants', the Montreal Canadiens!" Such a sorry attempt to be hip with the Canadian viewer..... funny stuff!

....yikes

Naslund has never really been booed. There have been some grumblings on occasion...but that is it.

in other news July 19th Tim Sylvia vs Fedor Emelianenko on HDnet fights... I give the fight to Fedor referee stoppage

I wish you were right but Fedor will go down like smorgasbord second helpings at a Michael Moore family reunion. He was the best at one point but the sport has evolved and Fedor hasn't kept pace. I can't stand Sylvia but he has the reach and power to beat an inactive Fedor who hasn't fought a tough opponent in years.

woooooooooooooooooooh!

that was awesome. GSP proved to everyone that first match was a fluke. Just complete and utter domination. This and the hughes fight looked as if it was a grown man fighting some highschool kid. :D I love when Serra before the fight said "ive never been beat up the way GSP got beat that night... and maaaaaaaan did he take a butt kicking.

I loved the crowd in Montreal how they would countdown the time 7-6-5-4-3-2-1! Them screaming KNEE! for franklin and then when the crowd seemed to be chanting "F U Serra FU!"

the Rich Franklin fight was an ok fight. All in all though these were some boring fights. Lutter gassed. Serra Gassed... McCarthy gassed..Kalib Starnes.. ran a marathon.

I enjoyed the Goulet fight the most aside from the GSP match. It was back and forth there.

Great event. Serra got ????ing dominated, no surprises there.

Kalib Starnes is a bum, he's not going to get another fight in the UFC after that joke of a performance, good riddance.

Lutter is a joke. I've never seen a guy that tired after one round. A light breeze would've knocked him over.