The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Updated card for UFC 87: Seek and Destroy (Aug 9), which could be one of the biggets PPV's of the year:

Welterweight Championship: George St. Pierre vs Jon Fitch

Lightweight Bout to Determine the #1 Contender (next for BJ Penn): Kenny Florina vs Roger Huerta

Heavyweight Bout: Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring

Middleweight Bout: Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson <<<< HUGE!!!!! CANT WAIT!!

Lightweight Bout: Mac Danzig vs Clay Guida

Wow....

Didn't even notice this....

Ultimate Fight Night 14!! July 19 from The Palms in Vegas. Fight card:

Anderson Silva vs James Irvin (Silva's bumping up to Light heavyweight fo this match, thus retaining his MW title)

Brandon Vera vs Reese Andy (who?)

Anthony Johnson vs Kevin Burns

Cain Velasquez vs Jake O'Brien

Frankie Edgar vs Hermes Franca

Brian Garcia vs David Baron

This was put together on short notice, basically to compete with Affliction's PPV, which has a headliner of Fedor vs Tim Sylvia (yawn). Either way, despite a bunch of no-names, this is a free show on Spike.

Ultimate Fight Night on today folks. Spike Tv

Live on Spike - Saturday, June 21st at 9pm ET/PT.

Event Type: Spike TV - The Ultimate Fighter Finale

First bout starts at 3:30pm PT

re-air: Saturday 6/21 12am, Sunday 6/22 4pm, Saturday 6/28 7pm

The seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter® culminates with a huge 3 hour live broadcast on Spike TV! After the most shocking twist in The Ultimate Fighter® history, see the finals of the middleweight tournament LIVE. Plus, a feature bout between Kendall "Da Spyder" Grove and former middleweight champion Evan Tanner. Also on the card, fights featuring Diego Sanchez and Spencer Fisher.

Preliminary Card

* Middleweight bout: Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough

* Welterweight bout: Matt Arroyo vs. Matt Brown

* Middleweight bout: Rob Kimmons vs. Rob Yundt

* Middleweight bout: Marvin Eastman vs. Drew McFedries

* Welterweight bout: Josh Burkman vs. Dustin Hazelett

* Middleweight bout: Matthew Riddle vs Dante Rivera

* Middleweight bout: Jeremy Horn vs. Dean Lister

Main Card

* Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Jeremy Stephens

* Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Luigi Fioravanti

* (Finals of Season long tournament) Middleweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. C.B. Dollaway

* Middleweight bout: Evan Tanner vs. Kendall Grove

AMIR WINS AGAIN!!! Ha ha!! CB whines after he taps. You gotta love that!

Overall, a pretty boring show. Best fight was probably Diego/Luigi or that eastman/McFedries quickie.

And now.... only two weeks til FORREST vs RAMPAGE!!!! Go Forrest!

So sad...I was happier watching Amir win in a quick fight that did little more than showcase Amir's craftyness and CB's arrogance than I was in watching Forrest and Bonnar in an epic battle. For once in the TuF series I had someone I wanted to see win, as opposed to an asshat I wanted to see lose. Erm, guess I got both this year :P

Time to hit the creative forum and see if anyone is willing to make me an Amir sig :P

Other than that yeah....

Tanner's beard deserved to win, it was that bushy. I find renewed faith in Grove, he showed some pretty nice overall game, crazy knees and what appeared to be an honest to God desire to win :)

Most of the other fights were fairly blah, though I wish I could have seen the battle of the Matt's :) Anyone know who won that?

Btw-nice job on the updates Johnny. GSP-Fitch is gonna be the BEST PPV of the year without doubt.

Edited by Silverforge

Matt "????ing" Brown won his fight via TKO

Nice! Thanks for the info :)

I like Arroyo too, but I think he's FAR too reliant on his ground game and hasn't found that ability to "dig deep" yet.

Brown on the other hand doesn't have the pure skill that Arroyo has, but has tight strikes and a bad attitude. I think Brown could make an impression for a while...but if pretty boy Arroyo toughens the f*ck up and works on his stand up he has a chance to make a real impact in the future.

Ok, so I bit and payed the $1.99 for the Brown/Arroyo fight. Seeing as they are both guys trying to really break their way in, it was worth the $2 :P

Brown is hella tough, and has good all around posturing for sure. Arroyo I think is letting his own skill get to his head. He showed lots of solid stand-up in the first minute and a half then gassed out and fell apart when he realized how tough Brown was. That's the way I saw it at least. Brown was defiantly the better fighter, and I think both could make the televised fights in the near future.

Have to say though, looking at how beat up both of them were after the fight...I'd hate to see them fight a GSP, a a Fitch or even a Diago. Though to be fair Fitch would probably just pick them apart and then choke them out, at least they'd avoid the scars :P That's the beauty of this sport though, watching fighters evolve :)

GSP vs Fitch is still going to be the best fight of the year, kills me because they are my two favorite fighters :)

GSP vs Fitch is still going to be the best fight of the year, kills me because they are my two favorite fighters :)

Yep, looking like this could be one of the best.

But I'm sorry, bro. Roger/Kenny will probably steal the show for UFC 87. Or maybe even Franklin/Henderson.

And dude, I'm already in the process of making an Amir sig!! You can wear it too when it's done.

Yep, looking like this could be one of the best.

But I'm sorry, bro. Roger/Kenny will probably steal the show for UFC 87. Or maybe even Franklin/Henderson.

And dude, I'm already in the process of making an Amir sig!! You can wear it too when it's done.

Nice!!

And good call, the henderson/Franklin fight should be a beast :) Who do you predict betwwen Roger/Kenny? I'd put my money on Roger but Kenny has some nasty nasty elbows, gonna be a good one as well.

I think Fedor is going to smash through Sylvia at the Affliction show. Sylvia has no ground game. Once he gets tripped (cause fedor will try for it the sambo throw) Sylvia will be in trouble. Fedor has crazy ground and pound. Like when he was tearing into Big Nog and his head was bouncing off the floor.

It will be like Big Nog vs Sylvia. Sylvia will do well keeping him at bay, but once hes gets close it will be lights out.

Edited by Pfizer

Nice!!

And good call, the henderson/Franklin fight should be a beast :) Who do you predict betwwen Roger/Kenny? I'd put my money on Roger but Kenny has some nasty nasty elbows, gonna be a good one as well.

I'm gonna go with my boy Roger on that one. He's one tough S.O.B. Kenny's damn good too, but I thin Roger will win by TKO or decision. I am worried, just because Kenny's got some serious skills.

Just added to UFC 88:

Karo Parisyan vs Yoshiyuki Yoshida

James Lee vs. Tim Boetsch

Meh. I hate Karo, but Boetsch could be entertaining if he fights like he did against David Heath.

And I agree with Pfize. Fedor should crush Sylvia. As long as he can get in close. Once on the ground, Sylvia's murdered.

That does suck, Franklin/Henderson would have been sick.

Will be interesting to see how Silva does at 205, just watched Franklin/Silva 2 again and I couldn't get over how strong Silva looked when he was holding Franklin's head in the clinch. I wonder if he'll be able to manhandle a larger opponent in the same fashion.

That does suck, Franklin/Henderson would have been sick.

Will be interesting to see how Silva does at 205, just watched Franklin/Silva 2 again and I couldn't get over how strong Silva looked when he was holding Franklin's head in the clinch. I wonder if he'll be able to manhandle a larger opponent in the same fashion.

Yah, I was watching that on Unleashed yesterday too. Silva's just too good. Me think he's gonna mess up Irvin pretty good.

Yah, I was watching that on Unleashed yesterday too. Silva's just too good. Me think he's gonna mess up Irvin pretty good.

I think he has the ability to do so, but what I am gonna be watching for is how he handles bigger guys. That and his chin, I can't remember him having to withstand too many huge shots, getting rocked and working through it. Hopefully Irvin is game and turns it into a proper battle.

I like Silva but it gets almost depressing watching him absolutely destroy people while he looks like he's contemplating what colour to paint his house :P I was so excited at the end of round 1 vs Henderson, then Wham! Silva's back to making superstars look like amateurs :o