The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Decent show.

Houston Alexander was exposed for the horrible fighter he really is.

Ed Herman lost a toughy.

Dnzig/Guida was the most disappointing of all. Guida just sorta kept tackling Danzig and held him down for ten minutes. Yay. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Diaz/Neer was entertaining though. Nice win for Diaz.

Gonna watch TUF 8 later tonite!!

Ed Herman won that fight, rounds 1 and 3 were his. Don't understand the scoring some days with the judges. Alexander is a joke of a fighter.

Danzig tried, but Guida knew he was toast outside of the "phonebooth", but yeah a bit of a snoozer. As for Diaz, man that guy is slick and gets out of trouble with ease. Good fight for him.

That Browning guy is one sick SOB.

I give Aguilera(sp?) props for quitting before he really hurt himself.

This guy is the big deal.

His character is freakin' awesome.

Ha ha! No kidding eh?

"Do I think Aguilar has a chance at beating me?........ he has a better chance of getting me pregnant!"

:lol:

That Browning guy is one sick SOB.

I give Aguilera(sp?) props for quitting before he really hurt himself.

This guy is the big deal.

His character is freakin' awesome.

Browning was spent, had Aguilera continued on and not worried about his "looks" he may well have won that fight. Browning admitted he was out of shape and glad that it ended when it did.

His attitude and the way he holds himself reminds me a lot of CB Dollaway <--- spelling usure of ???

Well today is dream 6 folks. Its in Japan. Mirko CroCop vs Allistari Overeem should be something. These guys have been talking trash for a few months now. Allistar said Mirko is old and will retire him.

Mirko said if Allistar actually is able to kick his donkey he will go to the netherlands and put tar and feathers on himself and dance around like a chicken until police arrest him :lol:

Will Alistar retire Mirko? Will Mirko destroy Alistar? Will Mirko dress up like a chicken? stay tuned! haha.

Some great matches. Minowa is fight. The dude fights everyone! hes a 185 that takes on 205ers. Aoki will fight in the lightweight category. Ive heard some good things about Akiyama.

Sergei Kharatinov is back!!! the dude is a stud. I think he would kick some major donkey in the UFC but he didnt bother to come. Also Jacare is someone that is suppose to be an up and comer. And Melvin Manhoef is fighting! He always wears spartan trunks while fighting just like the movie 300.

I would love to see these guys fight in the UFC they are wicked. But I think they love Japan too much. And Mirko felt he needed to get better and come back to the UFC so hes in Japan testing it out again to regain his confidence.

DREAM.6: Middle Weight Grandprix 2008 Final Round

DREAM6.jpg

Announced fight card

* Middleweight Grand Prix bout: Flag of Brazil Ronaldo de Souza vs. Flag of Croatia Zelg Galesic

* Middleweight Grand Prix bout: Flag of Armenia Gegard Mousasi vs. Flag of the Netherlands Melvin Manhoef

* Middleweight GP Championship bout: Gegard Mousasi/Melvin Manhoef vs. Ronaldo de Souza/Zelg Galesic

* Middleweight Grand Prix reserve bout: Flag of South Korea Yoon Dong-sik vs. Flag of Brazil Andrews Nakahara

* Featherweight bout: Flag of Japan Hideo Tokoro vs. Flag of Japan Atsushi Yamamoto

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of Croatia Mirko Filipovic vs. Flag of the Netherlands Alistair Overeem

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of Russia Sergei Kharitonov vs. Flag of the United States Jimmy Ambriz

* Middleweight Bout: Flag of Japan Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Flag of Japan Masakatsu Funaki

* Welterweight Bout: Flag of Japan Hayato Sakurai vs. Flag of Japan Kuniyoshi Hironaka

* Lightweight Bout: Flag of Japan Keita Nakamura vs. Flag of Brazil Adriano Martins

* Middleweight Bout: Flag of Japan Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Flag of Japan Masanori Tonooka

* Lightweight Bout: Flag of Japan Shinya Aoki vs. Flag of the United States Todd Moore

The fight is on at night probably at 11:00 and will go to around 2am. Or go on an MMA website tommorow to see it.

Cool thing is i read its going to be on TBS!!!!!!!! yayyyyy!!!!!! so its not on ppv.

edit: correction... turns out TBS stands for Tokyo Broadcasting System my bad. :lol: :lol:

:(

Edited by Pfizer

Well TVU was a let down

haha yeah. THe channel wont start up. Must be too many people on there and bandwidth is shot.

you can see people talking in the chat on the side, so i guess some people are getting the stream.

im searching the net for another stream.

damn!

http://www.mmashare.com/mma-live-stream-free.html

I thought found something.. but they are just streaming the TVU player feed. This cant find the channel either.

http://dnevnik.hr/sport/cro-cop/sutra-na-d...vs-overeem.html

seems they will air the crocop fight as a live stream on this crotian site.

anyone else getting a feed that works?

WOW just WOW!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_exper...?urn=mma,109549

Anderson Silva is saying that he is going to retire:

"I'll retire next year, I already gave my all. I don't need to prove anything for anyone and within one year I'll put my gloves aside."

To say that I'm shocked is an understatement. Silva currently sits atop the Yahoo! Sports pound-for-pound rankings, and is one of the best fighters in MMA's short history. His well-rounded game has forced other fighters to advance their technique to merely attempt to compete with him. His retirement, if he actually follows through, would leave a definite hole in the sport.

So what does that mean for the year? Are his next fights going to be the Anderson Silva farewell tour? His next fight is against Patrick Cote at UFC 90 on October 25 in Chicago. If he is serious about retiring, Silva could make it official there.

He has talked in the past about getting in the boxing ring and could bring a cadre of fans with him. Though he has been a UFC company man, doing whatever Dana White asked of him, Silva's possible entry into the ranks of the sweet science could be a dream-come-true for the Affliction/Golden Boy partnership. Of course, he could also truly put his gloves aside, sit back, relax and enjoy some golf. I hear that's what other retired athletes like to do.

http://intheguard.tv/portal/?channel=2&amp...on=1&id=288

Well, i got up at 4am to catch the CroCop fight.

Man what a HUGE let down

Called a no-contest due to Overreem kneeing Cro-cop in the balls twice

The last knee hit CroCop so hard that his testicle actually moved outside of of his ballsack

CroCop was done :(