The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

oh Dana and his hype machine. After winning what was it 2 fights? in TUF Dana thought Nover looked like a young Georges St Pierre. Really? Because GSP went 7-0 in the UFC and TKO. And then destroyed more people on the path to winning the title.

Nover is good dont get me wrong but to compare him to GSP is rediculous and too much bs to get people to watch the show. Its like a guy having 2 good games in the NBA and calling him the next Michael Jordan.

Oh and when asked who the next p4p best could be after Anderson, he said Machida has everything to be the next best. All this hype is marketing. No one buys Machida's fights because he is a boring fighter from people's perspective. Same with Anderson Silva. Good fighter but people dont buy his PPV's. Hence so you market Machida and Anderson as the p4p best so they can try and get people to believe it.

I think Anderson was 4-0 before Dana started started to hype him as the worlds greatest. Guys like Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, BJ, GSP, dont get that award because they sell fights. They dont need the hype.

He pretends Fedor doesnt exist because hes not in the UFC.

http://freefightvideos.blogspot.com/2008/1...s-anderson.html

There were no questions left unanswered. On Saturday 06 December Dana White once again proclaims Anderson Silva to be the best pound for pound fighter in the world. No matter what combat sport or division. He isn’t surprised with the possible retirement of Silva after all “Anderson Silva is rich! I’d also retire if I was him”, said Dana in jest. Though he doesn’t actually believe Anderson will retire any time soon . If it does happen, the president believes Lyoto Machida will become the 'The Spiders“ successor.

"Machida has everything to be the next best pound for pound top fighter in MMA" said White.

Anyways on Monday Anderson Silva made it to Vancouver.

Heres pictures of Anderson Silva in Kamloops

http://www.popeyescanada.com/silva_details2.php

PhotoPage_07.jpg

PhotoPage_11.jpg

PhotoPage_10.jpg

and here is one of Anderson in Vancouver.

anderson_silva1.jpg

Here are pics of Kenny Florian in Surrey

Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Edited by Pfizer

Yeah, he tries to be modest, but just modest enough that he doesn't put himself down. Whatever though at least he's not a complete douche lol.

Btw, when's BJ penn's next fight ? Isn't it coming up soon.

what hes really saying:

Anderson: There are many many many fighters better than me.

Reporter: Can you name one out of those many?

Anderson: No because no one is better than me :lol:

You'd think he would say his good friend Noguiera is a great fighter. Big Nog always has good things to say about Anderson, you'd think he would return the favour.

BJ is fighting GSP, the biggest fight in UFC history! Jan 31. UFC 94.

94poster.jpg

Edited by Pfizer

what hes really saying:

Anderson: There are many many many fighters better than me.

Reporter: Can you name one out of those many?

Anderson: No because no one is better than me :lol:

You'd think he would say his good friend Noguiera is a great fighter. Big Nog always has good things to say about Anderson, you'd think he would return the favour.

BJ is fighting GSP, the biggest fight in UFC history! Jan 31. UFC 94.

94poster.jpg

I guess you don't like Anderson ? The way I take it is that he doesn't want to put himself down, but you could be right, he could just be trying to seen like the completely honest modest guy, but he got caught lying.

Fedor teaching in France. They were damn excited to see him.

I guess you don't like Anderson ? The way I take it is that he doesn't want to put himself down, but you could be right, he could just be trying to seen like the completely honest modest guy, but he got caught lying.

Yeah i think he pretends to be more humble than he is. If he thinks hes truly not the best, then mention who is the best. If he thinks he is the best p4p, say it. I mean if you want to "pretend" to be humble at least say throw out a name. Fedor has NEVER been defeated and hes not a better fighter than Anderson? What in his head thinks that he is better than Fedor? Other than Dan Henderson the competition he has faced is horrible.

Hes a 6'2 230 pounder that cuts to 185 to fight. Fedor is 6'0 240. They could easily fight but Fedor would just destroy him. He will never move up to LHW or HW to fight. He will keep beating up crappy middleweight and C level LHW's.

Him being cocky against Cote, doing the moonwalk and putting on a michael jackson hat against newton after knocking him out, not giving better fighters than him credit show that he thinks hes the $hit.

cant wait for the GSP vs BJ Penn fight but sadly the rest of the card for that event isnt that great oh well atleast we can see 2 of the best fighters go head to head

Dude...

- Machida vs T. Silva

- Fitch vs Gono

- Bonnar vs Jones

- Diaz vs Guida

Great card! You're just a casual fan I guess?