The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

There's no bigger star in the UFC or MMA than brock lesnar right now. He owns MMA! There's a reason why brock got like 400K for the fight and a veteran like Mir got 45K. It's cause the people want to see brock!

What?? Silva, GSP, Penn....etc. Brock is in a weak division and still isnt a polished MMA fighter. He definately has a lot of upside but the biggest star...come-on :blink:

Lesnar is for from a chump. He's the greatest mma fighter in history, which is why fedor fears him and is hanging out in lowly strikeforce.

History? History!?

How do you even say that without questioning yourself..

Im certain than at least 90% of UFC fans would disagree with that. Well, you never know..a lot of the fans that are jumping on the UFC bandwagon know nothing about the sport.

Have you seen Royce Gracie? Come on...Randy Couture?

And no, Lesnar beating him doesn't make him any worse in the history of UFC.

Sure, if Lesnar keeps it up he has potential to be great, but right now..no way.

What?? Silva, GSP, Penn....etc. Brock is in a weak division and still isnt a polished MMA fighter. He definately has a lot of upside but the biggest star...come-on :blink:

Don't bother. There are very few fans who ACTUALLY understand combat sports. Most are just knuckle heads looking for violence.

Lesnar is for from a chump. He's the greatest mma fighter in history, which is why fedor fears him and is hanging out in lowly strikeforce.

Are you capable of having a normal conversation like a big boy, or are you gonna spew this garbage all the time? Nobody here is gonna take you seriously, you sound like a douche, and you really have nothing to contribute to this thread so stop already.

Lesnar is great in the minds of casual fans. That's pretty much it. He sells tickets because people want him to lose, not because he's the greatest MMA fighter of all-time (what a joke). Unfortunately the big giant bully will keep winning by lay and pray due to his size, UNTIL someone shows him what it feels like to get get hit hard in the face. Hopefully that's Shane Carwin on November 21.

Edited by Johnny.

There's no bigger star in the UFC or MMA than brock lesnar right now. He owns MMA! There's a reason why brock got like 400K for the fight and a veteran like Mir got 45K. It's cause the people want to see brock!

You're a Moron. Lesnar does not OWN MMA...

Far from it.

GSP, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn are the three most dominant fighters in their weight class. Sure Lesnarr could be in the heavyweight, but he hasn't really be challenged enough for you to say so.

Like I said before he's got the power and beat Couture, but I would love to see him fight Noguiera after Carwin.

I would say Anderson Silva is on the top of the UFC right now. The man is undefeated and has defeated both opponents in the Light Heavyweight divison decisively IMO. Silva will be on top of the MMA world and I'm sure a lot of true MMA fans know that if Silva ever fought GSP, GSP would lose hands down.

You're a Moron. Lesnar does not OWN MMA...

Far from it.

GSP, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn are the three most dominant fighters in their weight class. Sure Lesnarr could be in the heavyweight, but he hasn't really be challenged enough for you to say so.

Like I said before he's got the power and beat Couture, but I would love to see him fight Noguiera after Carwin.

I would say Anderson Silva is on the top of the UFC right now. The man is undefeated and has defeated both opponents in the Light Heavyweight divison decisively IMO. Silva will be on top of the MMA world and I'm sure a lot of true MMA fans know that if Silva ever fought GSP, GSP would lose hands down.

Silva is much bigger than GSP. Skill wise GSP would give him a run and may actually overtake Silva.

The fight wouldn't be fair regardless because of size alone.

Silva: walks around at 230, GSP: walks around at 185....

One's 6"2, the other is 5"10. :rolleyes:

Lesnar the greatest mma fighter in ufc history hahahahaa what a moron.... sounds like something a 5th grade wrestling fan would say......

i can't believe franklin is fighting belfort!!! where did he go after destroying tank abbott and winning all those fights?? i missed some ufc's around 30-40...... i thought the phenom was gonna be unstoppable but another victim of couture wasn't he??

anyway it will be nice to get some more big boys like carwin in the ufc.. lesnar has no technique and he wins off pure power right now......

anyway ufc 102 was surprisingly great!!!

^ - yeah, i agree i wanna see GSP vs. Silva but i don't think its really a fair fight or a good matchup for GSP, he'd have to take him down immediately and i think it would be a boring fight because he could only wrestle with Silva, and even then I'm not sure if the size is fair....... however if GSP went up to middleweight and could take the BELT then it may be worth it , nothing to lose so to speak...

Edited by joecanada777

Lesnar the greatest mma fighter in ufc history hahahahaa what a moron.... sounds like something a 5th grade wrestling fan would say......

i can't believe franklin is fighting belfort!!! where did he go after destroying tank abbott and winning all those fights?? i missed some ufc's around 30-40...... i thought the phenom was gonna be unstoppable but another victim of couture wasn't he??

anyway it will be nice to get some more big boys like carwin in the ufc.. lesnar has no technique and he wins off pure power right now......

anyway ufc 102 was surprisingly great!!!

^ - yeah, i agree i wanna see GSP vs. Silva but i don't think its really a fair fight or a good matchup for GSP, he'd have to take him down immediately and i think it would be a boring fight because he could only wrestle with Silva, and even then I'm not sure if the size is fair....... however if GSP went up to middleweight and could take the BELT then it may be worth it , nothing to lose so to speak...

Vitor hasn't been the same fighter since his sister was abducted and murdered. He's had head issues and has fought in a ton of other promotions. He is only now beginning to look good again. But not nearly the fighter he was 10 years ago before the incident with his sister. Hopefully he stays on track and does some consistent winning.

Silva is much bigger than GSP. Skill wise GSP would give him a run and may actually overtake Silva.

The fight wouldn't be fair regardless because of size alone.

Silva: walks around at 230, GSP: walks around at 185....

One's 6"2, the other is 5"10. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean hence why I would see a catchweight like Wanderlei Silva Vs Rich Franklin type of bout.

Regardless, I'm just putting that out there for all those who have been asking for a Silva vs GSP fight. Like you said it wouldn't be fair.

Another thing that lots of people tend to forget is that Silva is a Black belt in BJJ. He choked out Hendo in the 2nd round. Silva and GSP would never happen even if GSP was able to get Silva on the ground. It would be like how GSP completely dominated Penn, except Silva would completely dominate GSP.

Vitor hasn't been the same fighter since his sister was abducted and murdered. He's had head issues and has fought in a ton of other promotions. He is only now beginning to look good again. But not nearly the fighter he was 10 years ago before the incident with his sister. Hopefully he stays on track and does some consistent winning.

holy crap really?? that was in brazil? i wondered why he kind of dropped off the earth becuz he was unreal....... I'll never forget in the tournaments they were like "he's a black belt in brazilian jujitsu" then he goes out and wins the entire thing with all punches and they were like " uhhhhhhh.... oh yeah we forgot to mention he's also on team brazil olympic boxing team"....... ahahaha..

then the next tournament he's like "Ok im not gonna punch at all" and he doesn't he goes and wins the whole thing with submissions....... and then they're like "oh remember we said he was a black belt"??

plus he was like what 20 years old?? gold moments.......

also at ^ - the only problem i have with a catchweight fight between gsp and silva is silva will still be bigger much bigger, and theres no belt on the line, i think gsp deserves the belt if hes gonna fight silva...