The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I'm still choked about that fight. I think they just stopped it because Kimbo was getting T bagged for the whole fight, not because of his Roy Nelsons punches. What the hell was that? How the hell can someone so pudgy hit so lightly? I wanted to see a knockout, and was disappointed when Nelson got him back on the ground, I knew Kimbo wasn't escaping any mount. Well, at least Kimbo was close to knocking him out at one point.

I love how people hate the winner of the fight. Me included. What a tub.

I actually respect Kimbo a lot more now, know'm sayn? He was very humble about it, know'm sayn? Know'm sayn?

I completely agree. I laughed when 'Big Country' rubbed is fat after the fight and called himself the best fighter there.

- (love the Kimbo impersonation)

Anyone else thinking Rashad will go 8-0 ?

I think its possible. He seems to be the better coach then Rampage, by far. Rampage seems like a guy who can motivate though. I think Kimbo was over-coached a little. Sure he needed to learn some grappling and clinching, but they should have told him to go all out with his strikes. He was overly cautious IMO. I mean it was Randy from the Trailer Park Boys he was fighting.

If there is ever a rematch I say Kimbo knocks him out.

I think its possible. He seems to be the better coach then Rampage, by far. Rampage seems like a guy who can motivate though. I think Kimbo was over-coached a little. Sure he needed to learn some grappling and clinching, but they should have told him to go all out with his strikes. He was overly cautious IMO. I mean it was Randy from the Trailer Park Boys he was fighting.

I JUST watched this before reading your post :D

http://forum.canucks.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=7846871

Hmmm, doesn't seem to take you to the post I wanted it to.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited by Lager Hog

I never seen Dana White so repulsed at the winner of the fight.

That was really stupid of him to ask for a cheeseburger like he just won the superbowl or something. His fat as$ should have just of acted like a professional in front of Dana

I've said it before...

Rampage's coaching technique = saying "Git up!..... Git git up!!!"

Anyone remember when Nelson was outside with the guys talking about how if you got a guy in a crucifix position, you could just keep hitting him lightly and the ref would have to stop the fight?

I find it embarassing that a guy would actually make it his game plan to hit a guy with the least amount of effort possible. I think Kimbo has impressed Dana though, purely for his work ethic.

I hope Roy Nelson's fat donkey gets knocked out. What a lame fight strategy. Lie on top of a guy then pummel him with weak shots until the ref calls it.

Unless you're bigger than Roy, there's no way you could move him off you.

EDIT: Why doesn't Roy just lie on a guy's face? Seriously, he could submit people by suffocation (I'm not kidding, he could).

Edited by FinFan

Kimbo is a noob though. I like the guy, and all the power too him. But he sucks and will never make it into the UFC.

It's too bad he had a terrible corner. Greg Jackson would have done a better job preparing Kimbo. As an MMA fighter, he isn't very good. He does have the tools to get better though. He is an athletic looking guy.