The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Dana White is promising that UFC will be back in Van in the future.

And UFC 115 might have been Chuck Liddell's last fight of his career

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=324554

He's been KO'd in his last 3 fights, so I don't think he has what it takes anymore. I think we MIGHT see him back. I know he really wants his fight with Tito, but that would be the only way we see him back.

I ended up making a last minute decision and going and i'm glad I did. The event was amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic. Sure there were dbags in the crowd but overall it was great. I saw 1 fight break out in the crowd and that was it. Everyone else seemed to be in good spirits and laughing. It sucked that they cut off beer at 8 though. Anyways the event itself turned out to be one of the better UFC cards in recent memory. I also ended up going to Gossip for the after party and it was sweet. Ended up meeting a few fighters including the Ice Man himself. I'm glad I went and i'll definitely go again if the UFC returns.

Edited by Innovative

Oh scalpers got fracked lol article

Under Event wrap.. "17000 people attended and $4m was made in ticket sales"

Roughly 3000 empty seats. hopefully next time ppl who want to go will actually get a chance. I hated seeing all the empty seats.

were you at the event? There were huge projections screens blocking 6 sections of the arena.

i did find it sort of weird that some people decided to go sit in those sections anyways and watch on the screens.

Edited by NoShowWilly

were you at the event? There were huge projections screens blocking 6 sections of the arena.

i did find it sort of weird that some people decided to go sit in those sections anyways and watch on the screens.

No i was not, anyways that makes more sense then.. i guess a sell-out was 17k. Everything id read leading up to event mentioned a figure closer to 20k.

Anyways note to UFC fans if you want the UFC to come back here its probably a good idea to not throw a beer at Dana White... Apparently this happened at the end of the Macdonald fight.

No more hat stealing either... wonder if it was the same guy both times.

One of the best UFC PPV's I've watched in awhile. Maybe since UFC 100.

Also, can anyone confirm...I'm hearing Cro Cop got stabbed in Vancouver after. My only source is a bunch of Facebook status updates from friends who went, but they seemed pretty positive that it happened. Lol.

One of the best UFC PPV's I've watched in awhile. Maybe since UFC 100.

Also, can anyone confirm...I'm hearing Cro Cop got stabbed in Vancouver after. My only source is a bunch of Facebook status updates from friends who went, but they seemed pretty positive that it happened. Lol.

Uhhh, no. This did not happen. Although he said he was retiring to Croatian reporters.

I went to the event and was glad that everything went off well. I dont think I saw a single fight. (outside of the octagon!)

Fights were pretty entertaining, the prelims before the spike show were pretty good as well.

also maybe if they have taken the big screen out.. they could fit another 2-3k ppl in..

also maybe if they have taken the big screen out.. they could fit another 2-3k ppl in..

That scrap happened just before the Martin Kampmann vs Paulo Thiago fight

Those screen were kinda silly it took up roughly 4 sections on each end could have put a couple thousand more butts in the seats instead

I saw several canucks after the fights Mitchell Burrows Demitra O'Brien there were a few others but that was the only ones of the group i could identify as they walked by in a large group

Edited by mypocketshurt

:lol: I was sitting right by there. The old guy was actually the one that started it. The crowd overall was great and that was the only crowd fight that I saw.

Anyone else make it out to the Tapout After Party? Props to Liddell for showing up and being a stand up guy. I really hope he has 1 more fight left in him. I wanna see him kick Tito's face in.

Edited by Innovative

Do the fights on TUF have to be unanimous?

I just watched Josh Bryant/Kris McCray fight. At the end they said that the judges scored it 30-27, 30-27, 29-28. For this, at least 2 judges gave the first two rounds to McCray and one was a split decision. Shouldn't the fight have been over, or do all 3 judges have to score both rounds to the same fighter ?

Pretty good event. Hamill and Jardine had a great fight.

Great job for McGee. Died of an overdose, was brought back to life..and now he's going to be rich.

Although I was rooting for McCray, McGee deserved it more.

I never saw the Yeager fight, but Im glad he got wooped.

Edited by trav_have