The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Yager just goes for it all in the first round. He just gassed out after that and he's a b*tch. ;)

I've been a Matt Hamill fan since he was on TUF. Great comeback win for the Hammer!

Also was nice to see the Crippler fight again.

Brad Tavares should have gotten a fight.

Edited by playboi19

I saw so happy when Yager lost. He was such a donkey in TUF 11 and always had an excuse. Like when he took Casey's (I know that's not how it's spelled, but he doesn't spell it like a normal human being) sweater. Then he instigates the rice throwing and then he steals everyone's left shoe. No wonder everyone wanted to kick his donkey.

I was really happy to see McGee win, especially after that bit on his wife and son.

Soooo glad I PVR'd the SpikeTV feed as backup to the SNet Pacific feed. They went waaaay over with the friggin Marlins/Rays game, AAAAAND cut out to commercial TWICE during fights. What kind of garbabge is that?

Either way, so happy for Court. That guy is awesome. And Yager getting his fro pounded on made my day too! Hamill/Jardine was siiiick. All-around, pretty darn good card.

Soooo glad I PVR'd the SpikeTV feed as backup to the SNet Pacific feed. They went waaaay over with the friggin Marlins/Rays game, AAAAAND cut out to commercial TWICE during fights. What kind of garbabge is that?

Either way, so happy for Court. That guy is awesome. And Yager getting his fro pounded on made my day too! Hamill/Jardine was siiiick. All-around, pretty darn good card.

i was piss at sportsnet as i was watching last night.. i mean come on, marlins and rays, probably 2 of the teams no one cared about in baseball.. and don't remind me the cut out for commercials. :angry:

Another WWE wrestler going to MMA...... Maybe

TMZ reported that retired WWE wrestler Batista signed with Strikeforce. MMA Junkie reported that Srikeforce said, "Not so fast," and that Batista did not have a signed deal with their promotion. Whether or not Batista has signed with Strikeforce, do you want to see him in the cage? He's 41 years old, the same age as Chuck Liddell, who much of the MMA world is hoping will retire. Boxer James Toney is moving into MMA at the same age, but he has a good base for MMA in boxing. At his current size -- 6-foot-6, 290 lbs. -- he'd have to seriously cut down in weight to be a heavyweight.

You may be thinking "What about Brock Lesnar? He switched to MMA success in pro wrestling." I'll remind you that before starting his pro wrestling career, Lesnar was a Division I NCAA champion wrestler for Minnesota, while Batista was a bodybuilder before joining pro wrestling's ranks. Not only that, but Lesnar was 29 when he turned to MMA.

On the other hand, Batista will come in with a fanbase established. He worked the pro wrestling circuit for 10 years, so his body is familiar with the day-in, day-out stresses of fighting.

Edited by Samk

This is a question towards those of you who have gone to a UFC event.

My dad and I are planning to go to UFC 116 in Vegas, and I am wondering if me being under the age of 19 will cause any problems to get inside. Is there an age limit to who can watch a live event? Were there any kids/teens around you when you were there?

Thanks for your help smile.gif

This is a question towards those of you who have gone to a UFC event.

My dad and I are planning to go to UFC 116 in Vegas, and I am wondering if me being under the age of 19 will cause any problems to get inside. Is there an age limit to who can watch a live event? Were there any kids/teens around you when you were there?

Thanks for your help smile.gif

From what I remember, it was an all-ages show. Shouldn't have anyproblem.

Where can I watch the Fedor fight on Saturday? Is it PPV? I can't find it on the PPV listings page.

It's on Showtime. I don't have many channels on my tele, so I'm not sure exactly what channel it is. Too bad Fedor's not fighting on CBS.