The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Bisping sucks, he didn't deserve his last win, Hamel got robbed. I hope Evans knocks him out.

yeah that hamel fight was rough. Bisping was suppose to fight him again in a rematch. Why they set him up against Evans nobody knows. I read somewhere that whoever wins gets a title shot against Rampage. That would suck. Michael will then dodge hamel again.

I hope Evans ko's him too.

yeah that hamel fight was rough. Bisping was suppose to fight him again in a rematch. Why they set him up against Evans nobody knows. I read somewhere that whoever wins gets a title shot against Rampage. That would suck. Michael will then dodge hamel again.

I hope Evans ko's him too.

That fight was set up because Ortiz backed out of his Evans rematch. I agree, Hamel should have one that fight, but Bisping is a great fighter in his own right. It seems there's a hate on for Bisping, due to the Hamel fight. It's his fault the officials made the wrong call. Bisping is very capible of beating Evans. Evans could only manage a draw against a useless Tito Ortiz, and it was Tito would have won if he hadn't been penalized a point during the fight. Don't count out the Count just yet people.

That fight was set up because Ortiz backed out of his Evans rematch. I agree, Hamel should have one that fight, but Bisping is a great fighter in his own right. It seems there's a hate on for Bisping, due to the Hamel fight. It's his fault the officials made the wrong call. Bisping is very capible of beating Evans. Evans could only manage a draw against a useless Tito Ortiz, and it was Tito would have won if he hadn't been penalized a point during the fight. Don't count out the Count just yet people.

I use to think Bisping was an alright guy but the UFC babying him has made him arrogant. After the fight against Hamil the count said that Hamil should stick to wrestling. Disrespect to a guy who just beat the crap out of him in the octagon. Then in the post fight conference, someone from the media asked him if he actually thought he won. Bisping said something along the lines of , "of course i did, do you fight MMA, do you know what you're talking about, shut the F up"

I think the bottom line is that Bisping sells tickets in the UK and thats why they are hyping him up. So they can do another show down there. I think Bisping can beat Evans, and vice versa, but these 2 are not legit contenders. Winner gets Rampage? err.. i don't think so. None of these guys have faced much top talent. Let them fight chuck liddell, the axe murder silva, shogun or forest griffin. Just seems like these 2 hit the warp level in super mario. bypassed everything else to the top. UFC is trying to hard to sell TUF as legit contenders and Bisping as UK's hero.

Wtf is a tuffer?

A tuffer is someone who follows UFC because of the The Ultimate Fighter show Also known as TUF. People who think they know about MMA because they followed this are known as Tuffers. People who think Dana White is cool and believe the words that come out of his mouth normally fall into this category. These people will also not know anything about MMA except for the UFC.

If you are looking for a place to learn about MMA you can try the Sherdog forums. It is very rambunctious, but they do have some posters that are very knowledgeable. Being a Noob can be tough there at the beginning but it can also be a lot of fun. Check it out.

I use to think Bisping was an alright guy but the UFC babying him has made him arrogant. After the fight against Hamil the count said that Hamil should stick to wrestling. Disrespect to a guy who just beat the crap out of him in the octagon. Then in the post fight conference, someone from the media asked him if he actually thought he won. Bisping said something along the lines of , "of course i did, do you fight MMA, do you know what you're talking about, shut the F up"

I think the bottom line is that Bisping sells tickets in the UK and thats why they are hyping him up. So they can do another show down there. I think Bisping can beat Evans, and vice versa, but these 2 are not legit contenders. Winner gets Rampage? err.. i don't think so. None of these guys have faced much top talent. Let them fight chuck liddell, the axe murder silva, shogun or forest griffin. Just seems like these 2 hit the warp level in super mario. bypassed everything else to the top. UFC is trying to hard to sell TUF as legit contenders and Bisping as UK's hero.

Yah exactly.. does it even matter who wins this fight? Quote me on it, neither of these guys will ever be the champ in the light heavyweight division. They have nice records and that it's. Bisping versus Jackson? F'in murder.

I do hope Evans wins though because Bisping is a cocky ????, and Hamil beat the tar out of him. I lost a lot of respect for the UFC over that fight, because that was pretty blatantly a fixed fight.

Yah exactly.. does it even matter who wins this fight? Quote me on it, neither of these guys will ever be the champ in the light heavyweight division. They have nice records and that it's. Bisping versus Jackson? F'in murder.

I do hope Evans wins though because Bisping is a cocky ????, and Hamil beat the tar out of him. I lost a lot of respect for the UFC over that fight, because that was pretty blatantly a fixed fight.

Dana White said that the winner of this will be a top 5 light heavyweight :wacko:

two bottom 10's fight each other and the winner becomes top 5. But then again can anyone take Dana seriously when he has a vested interested in this fight. Hes forcing TUF grads to be looked upon as champions. He said Fedor is not even a top 5 heavyweight and yet Big Nog is considered the top contender, someone Fedor smoked 3x.

pure nuttyness!

Dana White said that the winner of this will be a top 5 light heavyweight :wacko:

two bottom 10's fight each other and the winner becomes top 5. But then again can anyone take Dana seriously when he has a vested interested in this fight. Hes forcing TUF grads to be looked upon as champions. He said Fedor is not even a top 5 heavyweight and yet Big Nog is considered the top contender, someone Fedor smoked 3x.

pure nuttyness!

Thankyou for not being a tuffer Pfizer

A tuffer is someone who follows UFC because of the The Ultimate Fighter show Also known as TUF. People who think they know about MMA because they followed this are known as Tuffers. People who think Dana White is cool and believe the words that come out of his mouth normally fall into this category. These people will also not know anything about MMA except for the UFC.

If you are looking for a place to learn about MMA you can try the Sherdog forums. It is very rambunctious, but they do have some posters that are very knowledgeable. Being a Noob can be tough there at the beginning but it can also be a lot of fun. Check it out.

Gotcha, I guess I'm carbon copy "tuffer." I didn't follow the UFC or MMA until TUF Season 1.

I'd definitely watch more MMA if it were more accessible.

Edited by FinFan

Gotcha, I guess I'm carbon copy "tuffer." I didn't follow the UFC or MMA until TUF Season 1.

I'd definitely watch more MMA if it were more accessible.

Have you seen any of Fedors fights? http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...ilianenko_sport

Watched pride? Here is a good one of Ryo Chonan fighting Anderson Silva. Best Submission I have ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUltqxzYOb4

K-1 Heroes? Check out "The Kid"

Cung le This guy is freaking scary with his legs.

Here is some K-1 kick boxing aswell Peter Aerts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJapdnJyyyM

Jerome Lebanner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im1FAepW8II

Start with this stuff if you have not seen it before and I will update the thread with more stuff if you are interested. :)

Sherdog has about as many "Tuffers" as it does knowledgeable fans.