The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Pretty funny that Goldberg said Silva was "still the best fighter on the planet" after the fight. Yes, Silva won, but he was dominated the whole fight and was able to capitalize on the fact Sonnen can't really KO people, usually winning his fights by decisions. It was a great move by Silva at the end, but if Sonnen was able to land punches like that, imagine what Belfort can do.

I think that Silva wont be such an easy opponent next time. This was his time to lose. He lucked out BIG time. Cant believe i saw that.

That was a great card straight thru as predicted. And Silva winning is just another example of its never over until its over in the UFC.

It's too bad Roy wasn't able to get JDS on the ground. Might have been a different outcome. But he failed and took a beating.

Overall I'm pleased as I won a little bit taking Hughes and Fitch and lost taking Nelson.

Man what a great PPV.

The Roy Nelson/Dos Santos fight was awesome. Big Country can take a punch. He can take hundreds.

Lol, the Struve fight was sick too. Dominated, then near the end just out of no where.

Anderson fight..I thought it was crap until the very end. I really started to think it was fixed, the way in the first round Silva was taking a bunch of punches to the face standing up and not even blocking. Lol Chael can't punch. At least this time Anderson wasn't cocky and respected Sonnen afterward.

Sonnen bowed down in the post interview..(not literally). But saying things like he's second and he gets a silver medal. When Joe asked him if he wanted a rematch, he said he was going to reevaluate because he's 2nd.

Anyone else catch Dana telling Silva to f*ck off after the win? :lol:

Props to Silva for coming back and winning but a big thumbs down to him for using his ribs as an excuse in the post fight. Sonnen dominated every facet of that fight until the last 2 minutes. I'd love to see a quick rematch. Hopefully Dana makes it happen.

Edited by Innovative

Anyone else catch Dana telling Silva to f*ck off after the win? :lol:

Props to Silva for coming back and winning but a big thumbs down to him for using his ribs as an excuse in the post fight. Sonnen dominated every facet of that fight until the last 2 minutes. I'd love to see a quick rematch. Hopefully Dana makes it happen.

What need is there for a rematch. The guy lost by quitting. No need to give the quitter a rematch. If it had gone to some egregious decision there is a case for a rematch. But this was a loss by quitting during regulation time.

• Upvote 1

What need is there for a rematch. The guy lost by quitting. No need to give the quitter a rematch. If it had gone to some egregious decision there is a case for a rematch. But this was a loss by quitting during regulation time.

He also dominated 4 rounds. Who would you put Silva up against next? Hes beat just about everyone at 185. Too bad Shields is coming in at 170 and not 185.

My god. I hate Silva. BS that Sonnen didn't win. I am not convinced he meant to tap.

The guy was being choked and arm barred at the same time. He may not have wanted to tap. But he tapped.. If he did it consciously or subconsciously it doesn't make a difference. The guy tapped and gave up.

Edited by Harbinger

Post fight conference he said he tapped.

He definitely tapped but wouldn't it of been interesting if he claimed otherwise. It would of been quite controversial. It kind of looked like he wanted to keep going when the ref called the fight.

He also dominated 4 rounds. Who would you put Silva up against next? Hes beat just about everyone at 185. Too bad Shields is coming in at 170 and not 185.

Dominating someone for 4 rounds and then quitting is not grounds for a rematch. This is not a situation like was had with Shogun and Machida where Shogun kicked donkey and then the judge took the win away from him. Sonnen couldn't last the 30 seconds he needed to win the fight. He gave up.

Dominating someone for 4 rounds and then quitting is not grounds for a rematch. This is not a situation like was had with Shogun and Machida where Shogun kicked donkey and then the judge took the win away from him. Sonnen couldn't last the 30 seconds he needed to win the fight. He gave up.

Who would you put Silva up against next?